Today's Presser

knapplc

Dillard went off with several tweets and there was a comment posted by the guy posted the tweets that said, if you ever run into Dillard, ask him what the locker room thinks of him. That is from two years ago but when Taylor was a true freshman but it is very telling from a guy that was a star here and drafted into the NFL.

Going back to the stats thing. Taylor has Rex behind in goal line plays and he calls his own number way too often. I think he wants the glory for the TD's.

I just read all of Dillard's tweets from that day, and I'm not seeing anything about Martinez having lost the locker room. Until I see it for myself, I can't believe it.

And still, your last line is purely conjecture. I would argue Martinez just tries to do too much, not because he wants glory but because he wants those who criticize him to shut up. Furthermore, when Martinez keeps the ball near the goal line, we seem to score. If Burkhead really is the team player everyone says he is, then he shouldn't have a problem with it.

there was a comment posted by the guy posted the tweets that said, if you ever run into Dillard, ask him what the locker room thinks of him. That is from two years ago but when Taylor was a true freshman but it is very telling from a guy that was a star here and drafted into the NFL.

Edited my op.

Just watched Martinez's presser. That has to be alarming to fans, even casual ones. I'm a proponent of flushing bad games down the toilet to an extent, but you have to take responsibility and own up to your bad games. His deflection of questions about the game and canned answer of "better decisions" shows a lack of accountability IMO.

You'd have to have seen the context in which he's been shredded by the press and fans around here to have a better understanding of why he answered those questions the way he did. He wasn't joking when he said it didn't matter how he answered the questions, he'd still get ripped for it.

Understatement of the year. The haters are in a frenzy and are ready, able and "very", very willing to rip apart anything he says.

Just like how you ripped apart Zac Lee? Kinda like that....or....

Total horse sh*t.

Show "one" post where I said "he's a cancer to the team", "not a team player", "not a leader", etc, etc. I never even "once" attacked his integrity or character.

You've already far, far surpassed my negative results comments regarding Lee in you and your hater pals endless passion to destroy the kid. Whatever works for ya.

I have in no way attacked him on a personal level. I am allowed to crtique his on field play, however. And it hasn't been good thus far. Only against inferior competition,sorta like Lee. I said last week, I was waiting til this week to come to any conclusions about him and Saturday speaks for itself. And I in no way said bench the kid, I just think his talents are better suited for a diff. position. So don't tell me I'm attacking him as a person, Im not the one calling him T-ragic or any of that crap.

Would you care if people were blaming you because your OC forced you to do things you weren't good at without giving you a chance to actually do what comes natural?

Well to be fair, QB's are supposed to be able to throw..

Go back and watch some video of Tommie Frazier. He wasn't a good thrower and he threw some bad picks himself. It was very helpful to him that he played on a team with a really good defense and really good o-line. These are things Taylor Martinez does not have.

We can blame this loss on Taylor all we want, but that doesn't explain the odd play calling and the defense giving up nearly 500 yards.

Let's face facts and realize that this team isn't very good. At least not as good as we had hoped going into the season. Hopefully it can get turned around.

wow its getting ugly in here..... and i've been with some nasty hoes in my day and they werent as ugly as this even for this white f#*k ox.... but anyways i think we need to just support da boys and make sure that the tOSU game is a f'ing scene (like your high school prom party with naked chicks pased out everywhere.. everyone sniffing da beast and well you get the picture) lets give the team something to play for and not sit on pins and needles......

word

Dillard went off with several tweets and there was a comment posted by the guy posted the tweets that said, if you ever run into Dillard, ask him what the locker room thinks of him. That is from two years ago but when Taylor was a true freshman but it is very telling from a guy that was a star here and drafted into the NFL.

Going back to the stats thing. Taylor has Rex behind in goal line plays and he calls his own number way too often. I think he wants the glory for the TD's.

I just read all of Dillard's tweets from that day, and I'm not seeing anything about Martinez having lost the locker room. Until I see it for myself, I can't believe it. Either way, twitter comments as a means of proof, especially from people we barely know other than Dillard, isn't fair evidence. Martinez was what...a scout team safety or quarterback when Dillard was a senior starting linebacker? I doubt they knew each other at all.

And still, your last line is purely conjecture. I would argue Martinez just tries to do too much, not because he wants glory but because he wants those who criticize him to shut up. Furthermore, when Martinez keeps the ball near the goal line, we seem to score. If Burkhead really is the team player everyone says he is, then he shouldn't have a problem with it.

I wouldn't doubt it. It would not be the first time Dillard has publicly gone off on Taylor....and, wow. Really, Phil? He is not setting a shining example himself with these petty, unprofessional comments he puts out there through public media.

It is quite concerning, the degree of divide last year. Hopefully it's not the case this year. I think I saw a tweet reportedly belonging to Kenny Bell where he defended Taylor as a stud, and told Phil to not say things like that. Good for Kenny.

I'm just gonna come right out and say this. I said some pretty unfair things about Taylor during the Wisconsin game, shouting foul language at the TV watching him playing, glad I'm not a coach out there cause i would be in his face saying things i probably wouldn't say with a cool head. For that i take back some of the my comments and apologize to the kid, i know he is college athlete and understand the pressure that comes with it. But after most of his presser's after each game and such. my overall opinion of him is that he is a deuchebag, he has this is kind of i dont really care kind of attitude to me. It just seems that Taylor wants to get by doing the minimal amount of effort sometimes. I mean, take for example his answers to the media "Just make better reads" was his answer for probably 5 questions. Does he have that kind of attitude when he is talking to his coaches and fellow players? I sure hope not. If the kid is not going to put any emotion into his presser or talk to the media in a respectable way, he might as well just not show up for the presser at all. No one wants to see or hear an a-hole on stage.

• Fire 2

I just read all of Dillard's tweets from that day, and I'm not seeing anything about Martinez having lost the locker room. Until I see it for myself, I can't believe it. Either way, twitter comments as a means of proof, especially from people we barely know other than Dillard, isn't fair evidence. Martinez was what...a scout team safety or quarterback when Dillard was a senior starting linebacker? I doubt they knew each other at all.

I wouldn't doubt it. It would not be the first time Dillard has publicly gone off on Taylor....and, wow. Really, Phil? He is not setting a shining example himself with these petty, unprofessional comments he puts out there through public media.

It is quite concerning, the degree of divide last year. Hopefully it's not the case this year. I think I saw a tweet reportedly belonging to Kenny Bell where he defended Taylor as a stud, and told Phil to not say things like that. Good for Kenny.

that is the nice thing about all this young players, they'll stick together and grow together.

It seems like most of the players have come to Taylor's defense publicly. Antonio Bell tweeted positively about "#3" which I can only assume was Taylor given the context. Kinnie voiced his support today at the presser.

It'd be nice to see the fans rally around him too, seeing as how he could use the support, but I suppose that's simply asking too much.

I get the fact that T-mart may not be a "press conference" type of guy, and thats fine. Not everyone has a knack for speaking publicly.

What he needs to be able to do is rally his teammates behind him, reassure them that he can lead them, and then go out and prove it. Until that occurs, he could be the smoothest talking S.O.B. on the planet, but it doesn't mean jack unless you back it up.

Taylor Martinez press conference

:facepalm:

No emotion. No accountablity. Didn't even look like he cared at all.

He is a 20 year old kid. Give him a break.

exactly! He is 20 yrs old. Not 16! Someone needs to tell him to be a man (maybe an unnamed coach from Okie State?), take your lumps like a grown up and stop acting like a kid who didn't get his way.

Martinez's audio from the Presser

Not only has he lost the locker room, he has lost the media too. He thinks he is good at reading defenses. He really just needs one of those do over moments.

This is what I don't get. I understand coming down on the guy for the fumbles and interceptions and stuff - that's football, and it's totally fair game. But when you say something like "he lost the locker room," you've just taken it a step beyond reality, and it's just not necessary.

Nor is it true. At all.

"He's our guy. We have all the confidence in him still," Brandon Kinnie said. "That's who we're going with, so we got to rally behind him. It's just adversity, and it builds character. So what are you going to do? And I believe he's going to come back from this. He's just going to take it as a chip on his shoulder."

Courtesy Steve Sipple.

Taylor Martinez press conference

:facepalm:

No emotion. No accountablity. Didn't even look like he cared at all.

He is a 20 year old kid. Give him a break.

exactly! He is 20 yrs old. Not 16! Someone needs to tell him to be a man (maybe an unnamed coach from Okie State?), take your lumps like a grown up and stop acting like a kid who didn't get his way.

You're right, at 20 years old we were all the mature grown men that our mothers hoped we would turn out to be. :sarcasm He is a kid! Maybe he doesn't feel the need to explain himself to the media, or the fans; most of which that have thrown him under the bus his whole career (media/fans).