Today's Presser

knapplc

Martinez's audio from the Presser

Not only has he lost the locker room, he has lost the media too. He thinks he is good at reading defenses. He really just needs one of those do over moments.

This is what I don't get. I understand coming down on the guy for the fumbles and interceptions and stuff - that's football, and it's totally fair game. But when you say something like "he lost the locker room," you've just taken it a step beyond reality, and it's just not necessary.

Nor is it true. At all.

"He's our guy. We have all the confidence in him still," Brandon Kinnie said. "That's who we're going with, so we got to rally behind him. It's just adversity, and it builds character. So what are you going to do? And I believe he's going to come back from this. He's just going to take it as a chip on his shoulder."

Courtesy Steve Sipple.

The whole "he has lost the team" argument is just an overreaction from a fanbase that is fond of overreacting after a loss.

Not only has he lost the locker room, he has lost the media too. He thinks he is good at reading defenses. He really just needs one of those do over moments.

Haters won't care, but let's be fair about this: several times in the first half he audibled into a big gain.

there was a comment posted by the guy posted the tweets that said, if you ever run into Dillard, ask him what the locker room thinks of him. That is from two years ago but when Taylor was a true freshman but it is very telling from a guy that was a star here and drafted into the NFL.

here is one of Dillard's tweets. I wanna know if u can name a worst thrower in "CFB"... Well u other 21 players keep playing hard so we can win

Not a ringing endorsement by Dillard. The losing the locker room is nothing I have heard just a reaction to listening to and watching the audio I couldn't hear. I had to listen to the audio since I couldn't understand the words he was trying to communicate. He press conference was very troubling on many levels.

Now, if you want to talk about someone being a "cancer to the team," or someone "not being a team player," then look no further.

Just watched Martinez's presser. That has to be alarming to fans, even casual ones. I'm a proponent of flushing bad games down the toilet to an extent, but you have to take responsibility and own up to your bad games. His deflection of questions about the game and canned answer of "better decisions" shows a lack of accountability IMO.
You'd have to have seen the context in which he's been shredded by the press and fans around here to have a better understanding of why he answered those questions the way he did. He wasn't joking when he said it didn't matter how he answered the questions, he'd still get ripped for it. Just look at the responses to this thread, and other threads around here. There are people who call themselves Husker fans who act like they hate the guy.

Just got a chance to watch. Thanks for the link.

I would say he was a little defensive with his answers, but he did seem to care how the game and his performance was going, during the game. After he threw that pick to start the 3rd quarter, the camera showed him on the sidelines, and I saw in his eyes that disappointment at what that pick meant to him. I was glad to see that emotion in him. That pick hurt him. He is just a kid, with a lot on his shoulders. I think he will bounce back this week. I don't think he will ever be the passer we would like him to be, but I also think that the play calling should be designed to what he is capable of doing. That's Beck job. The two of them are a work in progress, that should only get better as the season progresses.

GBR!!!

wow its getting ugly in here..... and i've been with some nasty hoes in my day and they werent as ugly as this even for this white f#*k ox.... but anyways i think we need to just support da boys and make sure that the tOSU game is a f'ing scene (like your high school prom party with naked chicks pased out everywhere.. everyone sniffing da beast and well you get the picture) lets give the team something to play for and not sit on pins and needles......

word

I laughed...I like booze also.

Taylor Martinez press conference

:facepalm:

No emotion. No accountablity. Didn't even look like he cared at all.

He is a 20 year old kid. Give him a break.

Exactly.

So he's not the slick used car salesman the haters demand from the kid. Big friggin deal.

Lying through your teeth like a used car salesman and acting like you care are not the same thing...

Just out of curiosity, is this the same Phillip Dillard who played on the '07 defense?

Yeah...

In that case, he should probably just keep his mouth shut. He should already know a thing or two about taking a lot of criticism, and I'm sure he didn't like it then.

:lol: at the idea of Dillard representing the official stance of the entire current Nebraska roster regarding Taylor.

You know Dillard had a hell of a time seeing the field for better part of his career here, right? And that wasn't because of his physical ability either, considering he was drafted into the NFL.

:lol: at the idea of Dillard representing the official stance of the entire current Nebraska roster regarding Taylor.

You know Dillard had a hell of a time seeing the field for better part of his career here, right? And that wasn't because of his physical ability either, considering he was drafted into the NFL.

Exactly. It's not like he was the shining model of consistency. Hell, most people I talk to seem to think he underperformed his entire career until he was a senior. He doesn't have any room to talk about giving up, especially when people accused the entire '07 defense (which he played on) of giving up.

Suh played on the '07 defense, too...

Dillard really transformed and redeemed himself as a player. He was a good player for us in the end and really turned it on his senior year, where he was a really important cog on the defense. His career as a Husker and what he did here on the field shouldn't be trashed - but it is a completely separate issue from the petty move of going to Twitter and saying all this stuff about Taylor. Keep that in-house. Once a Husker, always a Husker, so this is still his house and his issues, should he choose to voice them, should be voiced privately. Dirty laundry, even past history dirty laundry, shouldn't be tossed out in public like this by a former player.

Would you care if people were blaming you because your OC forced you to do things you weren't good at without giving you a chance to actually do what comes natural?

Well to be fair, QB's are supposed to be able to throw..

Yes but Taylor is not very good at it. Especially when rattled. All I'm saying is Beck had several opportunities to give his rattled qb a breather and he continued to throw him to the wolves. If we didn't have Rex Burkhead or guys like Turner that can make people miss then I would completely understand. If our offense was built to pass first then I would understand. Beck panicked! We were down 6 with a whole half to play and we start with the ball. Wisconsin shredded our defense on back to back drives. An experienced OC tries to take back the tempo of the game. Beck allowed Wisconsin to control the tempo.