Can we say something positive?

NU41SB

I get it. None of us like to see the team lose, including myself. It just seems to be that some people try to live vicariously through these kids. I'm am pretty sure that these kids are competitive and hate to lose as well. But for some reason, I seems that some of the posters here, take a loss harder than the team. I fail to believe that they are not upset for their showing in Madison on Saturday night. Some people seem to, for a lack of better terms, act like grade school kids and throw rocks at the "not-so-popular" kids that are across the street. I just think that we need to stand behind the team rather than break them down. Maybe it is the father in me that just can't understand why "we" as the fans, sit behind the computer screen and "throw rocks". Yes we can criticize, but couldn't we keep it from being personal? Remember that these are just "kids" and I'm sure that they are doing the best they can.

So I'll start out and say something positive and hopefully we can at least knock some of the negative threads off the first page.

I'll say something about Martinez since he seems to be getting the most flak. He started the game 6/8 I believe. So that should tell us that the potential is there. Yes it needs polished, and yes it like won't ever be "great". However, I do believe that he can be good and lead the team to win a lot of games.

This is just my two cents

• Fire 1

I get it. None of us like to see the team lose, including myself. It just seems to be that some people try to live vicariously through these kids. I'm am pretty sure that these kids are competitive and hate to lose as well. But for some reason, I seems that some of the posters here, take a loss harder than the team. I fail to believe that they are not upset for their showing in Madison on Saturday night. Some people seem to, for a lack of better terms, act like grade school kids and throw rocks at the "not-so-popular" kids that are across the street. I just think that we need to stand behind the team rather than break them down. Maybe it is the father in me that just can't understand why "we" as the fans, sit behind the computer screen and "throw rocks". Yes we can criticize, but couldn't we keep it from being personal? Remember that these are just "kids" and I'm sure that they are doing the best they can.

So I'll start out and say something positive and hopefully we can at least knock some of the negative threads off the first page.

I'll say something about Martinez since he seems to be getting the most flak. He started the game 6/8 I believe. So that should tell us that the potential is there. Yes it needs polished, and yes it like won't ever be "great". However, I do believe that he can be good and lead the team to win a lot of games.

This is just my two cents

I add this --- Rex Burkhead, Cam Meredith, Quincy Enuwa, Lavonte David and, I am sure others too who are less noticeable --- each of these guys have great motors, play hard every play, play w/o fear, and leave it all on the field. Kudos to them.

Also, I like how hard our freshman receiver plays --- Jamal Turner is scrappy and seems really to have a big heart --- he is a little skinny and pretty small but he plays tough and has good hands.

Ameer Abdulah is quite the athlete and will have a bright future.

We have some guys, like those listed, who should be congratulated. They play hard. they play tough. Glad they are Huskers

• Fire 2

I believe the Huskers will be 11-1 when they play Wisconsin again.

Buckeyes: Very winnable. In Lincoln, crowd will be up for this.

Off week: build on OSU win. Figure some things out and build some confidence!!!

Gophers: c'mon man!

Spartans: See Buckeye game.

Wildcats: We will be a better team by this time and YES much better than Northwestern.

Nittany Lions: Not sure. I have only seen them play against Bama but their struggles seem to continue. NU should win this.

Michigan & Iowa: Momentum will carry the Huskers home!!!

How's that for positive?!!!

Wildcats: We will be a better team by this time and YES much better than Northwestern.

Nittany Lions: Not sure. I have only seen them play against Bama but their struggles seem to continue. NU should win this.

Every one of these games, with the exception of Minnesota, is now a toss up. Persa is back for Northwestern now and they will continue to get better. He threw 4 TD's. They played tough against an Illinois team that looks like they know how to win in the forth quarter.

I think there are positives, it's just after a loss like that, it's much harder to focus on those positives. And obvioulsy TM goes get the brunt of the criticism, but that's the nature of being the QB. The accolades after a win and much of the blame after a loss. But I don't' think anyone doubts his efforts.

But there are still many positives, like others have said David and Burkhead to me epitomize Husker fb, they just never stop trying. I think Rex could go down as one the all-time favorite Huskers. He's just so classy, I love the way he jumps off the ground whether it was a two yard loss or a 50 yard gain, hands the ball to the ref, high fives his teammates and heads back to the huddle or sideline. And David also, no showboating. They both act like professionals who have done it before.

Every one of these games, with the exception of Minnesota, is now a toss up. Persa is back for Northwestern now and they will continue to get better. He threw 4 TD's. They played tough against an Illinois team that looks like they know how to win in the forth quarter.

Persa re-injured his achilles in that game.

were you looking at the stats or did you watch the game? Persa limped off the field still hurting from his achillies injury, and didn't come back in. He probably wont be right for a long time.

were you looking at the stats or did you watch the game? Persa limped off the field still hurting from his achillies injury, and didn't come back in. He probably wont be right for a long time.

I missed it...sorry. I just knew he was back and only saw a few of his passes.

and another thing, I don't think we're as bad as the score indicated. The mistakes compounded and perpetuated themselves. Come December, we will look back and see this beat down was the turning point of something good. Remember in 92(?), we lost to Iowa State, a then very hapless team and a great embarassment to our program. Then, well, we all know how that story ends.