the importance of this game

robsker

depends on your point of view... personally i think this game is important because i want to see how the team reacts, deals with adverse situations....

i think that even if we lose IF WE FOUGHT hard and made it close we can still move forward

howeve if we come out flat with no insipiration or motivation then

Judgment-Day-The-End-Of-The-World.jpg

That's an interesting coincidence. I asked on a Buckeye board what kind of outcome they expected from this game, since both teams have struggled so badly this year, and one of the guys responded with a picture of an asteroid striking the Earth.

I don't know that we can say this is the biggest game in the Pelini era. It's certainly one of the biggest games of this year, but we still have Michigan, Michigan State and Iowa on the schedule after the Buckeyes. This is not more of a make-or-break game than any of those, because a loss to any of the remainder will kill our conference title hopes.

I think we can definitely lose this game. Unless the problems we've seen all year get fixed, we're going to be surprised at how good this "terrible" Ohio State offense looks.

Ahh... Knapp.... I should have said that this is the biggest game of the Pelini era SO FAR.

That said, if we lose here and then manage a win against Michigan (which seems really, really unlikely as I see Michigan ripping us somewhat akin to Wisconsin's ripping us) --- but if we did beat Michigan, we could redeem some of what was lost --- but... what would make that a "redeem the season type game" --- is a loss to OSU.

We need this win more than I think many people know.

And, those OSU posters here are setting us up... they are saying that their team sucks so that when they beat us they can all the more really tell us how bad NU is. Or... if NU wins that they proved nothing. Yet again a reason why this game is so critical.

depends on your point of view... personally i think this game is important because i want to see how the team reacts, deals with adverse situations....

i think that even if we lose IF WE FOUGHT hard and made it close we can still move forward

howeve if we come out flat with no insipiration or motivation then

Judgment-Day-The-End-Of-The-World.jpg

That's an interesting coincidence. I asked on a Buckeye board what kind of outcome they expected from this game, since both teams have struggled so badly this year, and one of the guys responded with a picture of an asteroid striking the Earth.

Oh yes... this game is critical for OSU too --- if they lose to NU that would be embarrassing for them --- it would further cement the notion that they are in a downward spiral. They will be playing with great passion to see that they do not allow it to happen.

But I contend that this is much more critical a game for us than it is for them --- if they lose, well they are bringing in a new staff anyway so there is hope that the new staff will stop the bleeding --- they are in a transition phase in their program. On the other hand....

We are 4 years in to the Pelini era and are not in a transition period --- at this point for Pelini it is put up or shut up. And, 4 years in, this team is in a downward spiral (lost 3 of last 4 last season, looking bad in each game --- was lackluster in 4 non-conference games this season, and then lost badly to a good team in Madison --- basically we lost, often badly, to 4 of the last 6 reasonable teams we played. And well, we are hedging precipitously to the point where one can say --- "OK you had the stage and the context to prove that NU is relevant and competitive --- and on that stage, NU has been essentially nothing but a great heap of fail --- 4 years in and not much more competitive then when we started." For NU the arrow is in the wrong direction (like it is for OSU), but we are not a team in transition (and OSU is). There is light at the end of the tunnel for them (they'll get a new staff and a new hope). Is there for us?

We need this turned around badly.

I say that this game is important for our team to get back on track, and they're also 0-1 in conference play. We need to get as many conference wins as possible, so if there is any kind of slip up they'll be alright in relation to division standings. There is obviously going to be a wealth of talented prospects in town, so the boys and the fans need to put on a solid showing. A lot of those prospects are game changing athletes that could possibly make NU scary talented, IMO.

This is the game of the Pelini era. If we lose this game, the season is over. WE have a defense that has already said they quit the last game. If things go as the Wisky game, we play badly and we quit again, there is no reason to think any of the others will be wins.

Losing four or five more games this year will be devastating to the program and the support for Coach Pelini. This is a must win game for Pelini to keep his job. He loses it the wheels will come off the season, and the fans last week screaming for Martinez will be screaming for Bo's head.

Biggest game of Bo's Nebraska career in my mind.

That being said, we win this game going away, no problem.

Forget the biggest game of the pelini era think about me and the crap I have had to put up with for years from the most obnoxious fans in college football....my husker magnet mysteriously disappearing from my tailgate and my husker flags being defiled and yes neighbors I know who you are and where your buckeye yard gnomes are as well...these people think that their questionable win of the national championship ( no it wasn't pass interference) in 2002 makes them the greatest thing since the thong bikini. So please Beck if you are reading this just make like an escaped inmate and RUN and when they least expect it RUN some more!

Forget the biggest game of the pelini era think about me and the crap I have had to put up with for years from the most obnoxious fans in college football....my husker magnet mysteriously disappearing from my tailgate and my husker flags being defiled and yes neighbors I know who you are and where your buckeye yard gnomes are as well...these people think that their questionable win of the national championship ( no it wasn't pass interference) in 2002 makes them the greatest thing since the thong bikini. So please Beck if you are reading this just make like an escaped inmate and RUN and when they least expect it RUN some more!

Good plan, except for the fact tOSU has the 19th rated run defense in the country...

Good plan, except for the fact tOSU has the 19th rated run defense in the country...

Miami gashed them and the talent at RB runs much deeper at NU than the U....so I say again RUN!

2 years with possibly the hardest schedule in college football history and some of you expect to win a title----> with sophmores and freshman.

loosen up. Enjoy these historic years and if at the end of the year we can say, "This team is better than it was on day 1", I would say Pelini and staff has done their jobs.

I think TO faced 19th and better run defenses many, many times. I don't ever recall him shaking in his boots and having our qbs sling the ball all over all game long (at all).

Good coaches don't ditch their offense just because they're playing a good defense. lt's a matter of talent, confidence and will. High time to suck it up Tim.....

GBR!!

2 years with possibly the hardest schedule in college football history and some of you expect to win a title----> with sophmores and freshman.

loosen up. Enjoy these historic years and if at the end of the year we can say, "This team is better than it was on day 1", I would say Pelini and staff has done their jobs.

What!!

Our schedule is hard, sure --- but not the hardest of any this year --- or any typical year. If we were in the SEC right now (or any time in the past 5 years) our schedule would be harder --- much harder, than it is now. Don't make excuses for this team. Our schedule is not the issue --- it does more clearly place on display what is the problem... but that is it.

The problem is a poorly prepared team.

If we don't play the wisconsin weasels again it would mean we lost to at least one other game...can you pick another team on the schedule you would rather lose to that the weasels in the inagural B1G championship?

How do you know RW won't tear up an acl this saturday or in one of their other games? the weasels love to talk trash and throw punches on the field, it's only a mater of time before somebody goes after his knees.

When you have mushbagger talking right on national tv about Bienema's illegal recruiting contact with him, how long before we find out how much Bienema paid him? he could be declared ineligible and suspended too.

Hell they haven't even played on the road yet, doesn't every decent B1G team manage to lose to a bottom feeder EVERY year? Or do they have a bunch of national championships i don't know about...

What the rest of the B1G doesn't know is that conference championships are a HUGE banana peel. see Texas/Colorado 2001. On a neutral site, that game goes a lot differently. I want a rematch too.

And, those OSU posters here are setting us up... they are saying that their team sucks so that when they beat us they can all the more really tell us how bad NU is. Or... if NU wins that they proved nothing. Yet again a reason why this game is so critical.

No we are not. Unless Nebraska is as bad as Akron or Colorado, which they are not, OSU's offense won't score much. Beating OSU this year won't prove that Nebraska is good but it will show they can beat a team they should beat. Then your next game will be that much more important and OSU will continue with their tail spin of a season.

I'm not worried about OSU, I'm more worried about NU. I'm just hoping we can play well and get some confidence in our step moving forward. I want a damn rematch with Wisconsin.

Why? So they can embarass us on national television again? They are head and shoulders better than us and that game was no fluke.

Wow Negative Nancy. Debbie Downer. Pessimistic Pauline. Cynical Cynthia. Bleak Bertha. Morose Molly. And so on and so forth.