I wish we had bill callahan...

People need to learn how to comprehend what im saying a little better. Where did i say Callahan would have an impact on coaching or being around the players? All im saying is that Callahan's RECRUITING expertise would be combined with Bo's coaching. Never, in this sentence, did i say bill callahan would be a coach, coaching players or be at the practices/games. I mean, Callahan did recruit the players of one of the best defenses we had of all time. We are just taking his recruiting abilities and putting that in bo. I still dont understand how you guys think his coachig ability, or lack thereof, comes into the equatioo. Did I ever say "Callahan's coaching ability, or lack thereof?" No, I did not.

What has necessarily been so wrong with the players Bo has brought in? Lavonte David was brought in by Bo. Clownahan never did bring in a QB and keep him that had over two years of eligibility that he had enough common sense to play. I think our WR are better now than those brought in by BC. The OL is poor, but I think this has a lot more to do with pi$$ poor coaching than their actual ability. I see absolutely nothing wrong with some of the young studs Bo brought in as RB. Our secondary is filled with speed, but it is young. These guys will be fine.

You do realize that Callahan recruited ZacTaylor, right?

This would still never work, no matter how good of a recruiter Callahan is/was. Alot of recruits commit to a school because of the relationships they have with the coaches. Well if they are being recriuted by a coach they will never have contact with in college, that is similar to someone coming in during a coaching change. And how many of those do you see stay with the team? So although it make look good on paper, I highly doubt it will work out that way.

This would still never work, no matter how good of a recruiter Callahan is/was. Alot of recruits commit to a school because of the relationships they have with the coaches. Well if they are being recriuted by a coach they will never have contact with in college, that is similar to someone coming in during a coaching change. And how many of those do you see stay with the team? So although it make look good on paper, I highly doubt it will work out that way.

Maybe if we got rid of the basketball team..and payed Callahan and his coaching staff to recruit! Nah, im jking about that, obviously it would never be possible but it would be fun to think about how good those teams would be if we could combine the two.

As long as Bill only did the recruiting and then had no contact with the players after they signed, sounds fine to me. Moot point tho since clearly not a possibility, and idk why we're discussing this on the week between two of our biggest games of the year.

You consider OSU one of our biggest games of this year? I would say Iowa is alot better then this year's OSU.

Id consider Michigan one of our biggest games of the year, considering who wins that game will win the legends divison, hell michigan state is going to be a bigger game than ohio state.

People need to learn how to comprehend what im saying a little better. Where did i say Callahan would have an impact on coaching or being around the players? All im saying is that Callahan's RECRUITING expertise would be combined with Bo's coaching. Never, in this sentence, did i say bill callahan would be a coach, coaching players or be at the practices/games. I mean, Callahan did recruit the players of one of the best defenses we had of all time. We are just taking his recruiting abilities and putting that in bo. I still dont understand how you guys think his coachig ability, or lack thereof, comes into the equatioo. Did I ever say "Callahan's coaching ability, or lack thereof?" No, I did not.

I'm pretty sure I understand what your trying to say, I just disagree with it totally. The MO for Nebraska has not historically been to recruit high numbers of nationally high ranked prospects nor do I think it ever should be. You can't just look at what some blue chip report says was a good recruiting class without also looking at the on field results. Even if Callahan could get us the top 20 prospects every year, I wouldn't want them in our program. Those types of players typically (and the Bill years proved this) do not play with heart. I'll take the junkyard mutt over the pedigreed best in show every time. I don't want that clown associated with NU football in any way, shape, or form, even if it is limited to recruiting. He and that idiot AD ruined a dynasty. Period. It's not even funny to imagine it. I don't care how limited you claim his involvement would be. Not cool. Just my opinion of course.

What has necessarily been so wrong with the players Bo has brought in? Lavonte David was brought in by Bo. Clownahan never did bring in a QB and keep him that had over two years of eligibility that he had enough common sense to play. I think our WR are better now than those brought in by BC. The OL is poor, but I think this has a lot more to do with pi$$ poor coaching than their actual ability. I see absolutely nothing wrong with some of the young studs Bo brought in as RB. Our secondary is filled with speed, but it is young. These guys will be fine.

I do, and if memory serves me correctly he only had two years of eligibility. Clownahan never brought in a QB and developed him. He always brought in bandaids. Taylor was a pretty decent QB, but Clownahan only brought him in to bridge the gap until Beck was ready to play. Sam Keller was another bandaid brought in by Clownahan. I would have like to have seen what our offense would have looked like with a QB that had been in BC's system for three or four years.

I do, and if memory serves me correctly he only had two years of eligibility. Clownahan never brought in a QB and developed him. He always brought in bandaids. Taylor was a pretty decent QB, but Clownahan only brought him in to bridge the gap until Beck was ready to play. Sam Keller was another bandaid brought in by Clownahan. I would have like to have seen what our offense would have looked like with a QB that had been in BC's system for three or four years.

No thanks. I've had enough Clownahan for the next 10,000 years or so..