what defensive strategy will we role out saturday?

Ive been thinking about our defensive personnel and have been wondering what pelini will do saturday. I think the glaring weakness is the backfield followed by the linebackers. I have seen ohio st play a bunch this yr. Both qbs struggle with pressure. I would come out with a 5-2 defense and put my best 2 rush ends out there and fire away with blitzing. I would leave the guys on the edges with one on one coverage and sell out to stop the run and put pressure on the qb. It is a scary thing but the corner opposite dennard will probably get burned anyway regardless of if he has help. Our safties have shown no ability to really help much. I say pressure pressure pressure and make the qb beat you under pressure. It will also allow another body on the field other than a third linebacker. We seem very weak after david. Limit the weakness by putting 2 backers in the game. What say you?

I wish we would change our defensive line philosophy and be more attacking like we were in the 90's instead of trying to play more run gap/control and get to the qb

like the first couple of series against Wisconsin before we decided to dial is back? works for me. wasn't going so well for Wilson at that point.

No sh#t! When we blitz the QB doesnt have enough time to find receivers, mainly because our bad secondary doesnt have to cover as long. In all seriousness, blitzing might have to be what makes this defense successful.

They're going to try something new this week. Its called tackling.

I sure hope so. You would think that would be the first thing a "defensive guru" would teach!!!

I'm guessing that was in the recommended play book and not the required play book. Since we self reported those "serious" infractions to the NCAA we've just gone to hell.

I sure hope so. You would think that would be the first thing a "defensive guru" would teach!!!

I'm guessing that was in the recommended play book and not the required play book. Since we self reported those "serious" infractions to the NCAA we've just gone to hell.

naw, we went to hell halfway through last season.

naw, we went to hell halfway through last season.

Exactly! We discovered it last October.