Listen Everybody, Lets not get TOO Excited

danj91

Although I am more than happy with this win, it really wasn't all that impressive. Once again, the offense could barely muster any points in the first half and the defense couldn't stop OSU until Braxton Miller went out. It's pretty obvious that our boys in red still have a long way to go, but let's give them this win.

At no point did Taylor look anything but really good tonight. It's a great win and it's a huge boost in confidence for this team, and especially the offense. Is there something wrong in celebrating that?

Now, does that mean we got it all figured out and we're going to waltz into the title game and steamroll Wisconsin? Hell no. We only seem to deal with the extreme ends of the spectrum on this board.

It was a cool comeback but......If their qb doesnt go down we wouldve lost this game. The defense cant stop a qb that can run and pass but they can stop a statue that cant hit a moving target! We have to remember how bad OSU has played all season and we allowed them to look like contenders in our own backyard!

Lets face it, they had two first downs after Miller went out. Is that because our defense figured it out or is it because the backup is just that bad. Also, Martinez looked terrible until their offense had all of those three and outs and their defense tired out. Im glad we came back but lets be serious here, we are not a good team. We are very overrated and we were exposed last week AND this week.

One final thing, we gave up more yards RUSHING in the first half than they had in total offense last week. We are not that good and I dont want us to be lulled asleep because we beat a bad team that had to rely on their backup qb.

Stevie Wonder has 20/20 vision compared to you. Beck called a great game, SuperRex was super, Tmart played a great game (you're blind as a bat to claim he looked terrible), the wrs were terrific and the Oline got better as the game progressed.

NO ONE, absolutely "nobody" is claiming we're a great team. But the defense very well might improve and our offense is massively better than what we had just two years ago or even last year. That was against a very, very good OSU defense, Debbie Downer. You'll figure that out someday. The offense is coming around regardless of your negative view on everything.

Lastly, unless you have a crystal ball (which you don't) your ridiculous claim that we would have lost without injury to their starting qb is only your wish. Not a fact whatsoever.

Have fun dreaming up more things about how worthless we are. But don't you have something more "important" to do?

GBR!!

It was more the O-line looking bad and getting pushed around in the first half than Taylor looking bad. He does have atrocious passing mechanics and has locked in on his receivers in the past--he did a pretty good job with the latter tonight, and progress in a young QB is a Good Thing.

He also has a poor pocket presence and showed some of that tonight, but I wouldn't put all of that on him. Pass blocking was an issue as was picking up blitzes.

He also has a tremendous upside, and that's what we all love to see. Good to see him get some solid action and a huge win (a record comeback!) under his belt.

It is what it is--the difference between someone trashing Martinez and an honest critique should be obvious.

Easterbrook is a decent writer, even though he's kind of gotten a little strawman in the last few years, but he did bring up a great point in last weeks TMQ. He pretty much had a simple message, it doesn't matter what the score is at half or even after the third quarter, as long as you're ahead at the end of the fourth. A wins a win and I have a feeling that this is going to be a win that catapults us to the B1G Championship game. Sure Miller went down, but they were hurting us the most with running up the middle, just like every other team we've played this year.

Our defense allowed us to come back tonight, and it was an amazing 2nd half by both Martinez, Burkhead, and the O-line that finished it.

While its important to keep things in perspective you still put up +400 yards on a top 15 defense. More than 100 more than last week. Thats something to be proud of.

The test for everyone in the conference will be MSU's #1 D. I really don't want to play them. They can be nasty at home.

While its important to keep things in perspective you still put up +400 yards on a top 15 defense. More than 100 more than last week. Thats something to be proud of.

The test for everyone in the conference will be MSU's #1 D. I really don't want to play them. They can be nasty at home.

your team will be fine. you are the class of B1G. we need osu to beat mich., that would be nice. but it might not matter, we need to just win them all to get a second chance with you guys again this year.

We put up over 400 yards against a top 15 [13] team defense. Will mobile QBs give us trouble? They've certainly proven that they have been. But who knows, maybe this ignites something that's been dormant in our defense.

But you keep enjoying trolling...you were probably one of those shameless oafs that booed the team into the locker room at halftime. Meanwhile, most Husker fans and I will be enjoying being proud of our team for showing heart in the face of all obstacles: fans and media with their boos and unrealistic expectations, and then by Ohio State who put us in a 21 point deficit into the halfway in the third; they showed heart and came back and won.

We will drop one along our road stretch. I've been through too many tumultuous years to be so bold as to think we'll be undefeated. I've circled MSU, they stole one last year and I can just feel it happening again since we drew them in East Lansing again. With OSU what you see is what you get. Show up prepared or lose but I think we can win that.

You guys will make it but you may need some help. Hopefully MSU beats Michigan next week then you beat MSU at home. It'll pretty much be yours with that.

We will drop one along our road stretch. I've been through too many tumultuous years to be so bold as to think we'll be undefeated. I've circled MSU, they stole one last year and I can just feel it happening again since we drew them in East Lansing again. With OSU what you see is what you get. Show up prepared or lose but I think we can win that.

You guys will make it but you may need some help. Hopefully MSU beats Michigan next week then you beat MSU at home. It'll pretty much be yours with that.

what? wiscy is the only chance that anyone has any bit of respect for B1G, you better not get up a single game during the regular season. now, i can only hope the ccg is exciting.