Nebraska fans are PATHETIC.....

Apathy

I wonder how the booing was received by the 9 prospective recruits that were there.

Honestly probably no worse than anywhere else they have visited. I've seen Oregon fans boo their team when they are playing well (And before I get attacked on this, no I'm not saying that we should be like Oregon fans, or it's okay to boo our team for the hell of it like Oregon fans, the point is there are a lot worse places). If fans booing a poor performing team is a deal breaker for them, then they are going to have a hard time picking a school.

No, they were booing Taylor. With :40 left in the half and we were on our own 23 yard line with one time out, what were we going to do, run the football? You're kidding yourself if you think we could've marched down the field on the running game in :40.

And I read all this week about what we wanted to see, and that was MORE REX. And well, we got more Rex in the first half, and that didn't work. Is that the play-callers fault for supplying the demand of the fans? NO. And I heard many, MANY, MANY, fans in the student section calling for Taylor's head. I didn't boo them, I was silent; dumbstruck by what I was hearing at Memorial Stadium.

It's one thing to criticize this team but to boo them several times during the 2nd quarter and then to boo them as they head into the locker room for halftime.

I understand they were playing poorly and I was critizing their performance but I never booed them last night. I was embarrassed with our crowd last night when that happened and if you booed this team last night then you should be ashamed of yourself and root for another team.

Booing this team isn't going to lift the teams spirits and it certainly won't help when we're trying to recruit kids too. I'm sure those recruits were thinking "I don't want to come here and get booed".

Grow up Husker fans you so called greatest fans in the country.

you tell 'em Stevedave

No, they were booing Taylor. With :40 left in the half and we were on our own 23 yard line with one time out, what were we going to do, run the football? You're kidding yourself if you think we could've marched down the field on the running game in :40.

And I read all this week about what we wanted to see, and that was MORE REX. And well, we got more Rex in the first half, and that didn't work. Is that the play-callers fault for supplying the demand of the fans? NO. And I heard many, MANY, MANY, fans in the student section calling for Taylor's head. I didn't boo them, I was silent; dumbstruck by what I was hearing at Memorial Stadium.

Is this serious or sarcasm?

Just in case it's not sarcasm - What Bo should have done is run the clock down and gone to halftime. That's what fans were upset about. It's also the mistake he made last week at Wisconsin. Both mistakes in coaching resulted in points for the other team.

No it was real...we were supposed to limp into halftime? And I've said this countless times. THE TURNOVER DIDN'T LEAD TO POINTS. The defense allowed those points. They don't let Brax run 45 yards, no FG, 17-6 at halftime. The play wouldn't have mattered.

If you blame anyone, blame the D; but not Taylor, not Beck, and not Bo.

No it was real...we were supposed to limp into halftime? And I've said this countless times. THE TURNOVER DIDN'T LEAD TO POINTS. The defense allowed those points. They don't let Brax run 45 yards, no FG, 17-6 at halftime. The play wouldn't have mattered.

You can't give teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State short fields. The interception was not Taylor's fault at all, that was a very, very poor play call. And yes you limp into halftime. You take that chance away from their offense and you don't put that responsibility on your defense.

The only thing that has been pathetic is the team's play all season. The defense hasn't looked good in any game and the offense is so inconsistent it's not funny. Now if we were a team like Kansas with not so big expectations for ourselves I wouldn't call it pathetic. But if we are the big bad huskers who are (supposed?) to be a top 10 team then we are pathetic to this point in the season. I can only hope the errors will be corrected as the season progresses.

You can't give teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State short fields. The interception was not Taylor's fault at all, that was a very, very poor play call. And yes you limp into halftime. You take that chance away from their offense and you don't put that responsibility on your defense.

And if they limp into half time you have to deal with the other half of people mad because they didn't try to get into field goal range. It's impossible to please everyone. Personally I'd rather see them take the shot and try to score. There is no way that the D should have let OSU get into field goal position with that much time left on the field.

To everybody calling me a grey hair are wrong I'm far from it cause I'm 28 and stood in the north endzone yelling and cheering for the Skers.

I'm not saying that I'm a better fan than other husker fans because I'm not, that wasn't the point of this thread. It's ok to criticize this team but to boo the team is uncalled for and classless.

When Taylor threw his INT the crowd booed and I believe the crowed booed a second time before half when the team went three and out.

How does booing the team as they head into the locker room going to solve anything? Why should the players perform better for the fans if the fans don't have the players back and are willing to support them?

I know Suh was at the game cause they showed him on the Jumbotron sometime in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter and I can tell the difference between Suuuuhhhh and Booooo.

And the ones who are attacking me in this thread are probably the ones who were booing last night but I could be wrong.

I don't care how old you are, how much you paid to see the game, how far you drove...if you sit in the stands on your fat, dumb a** and boo 18 year old student athletes when they are working so hard and sacrificing so much for our entertainment you are disgusting. You don't have to be happy with the performance but booing a one loss team off the field at halftime is ridiculous. This is a young team with a lot of potential, can't believe how impatient people are being.

Just don't understand we people think a bunch of kids are going to want to get back out there and try their best where thier fans turn their back on them. One middle-aged guy said he can boo if he wants to because he paid big money for his tickets.... WOW, stay classy memorial stadium. :S Thought for a moment I was back in Madison.

What's wrong with Madison? They may be a bit vulgar, but at least they know how to get a stadium rocking. And so one middle aged guy was acting like a clown...that means the whole of Memorial Stadium wasn't "classy"?

agreed, one guy doesn't describe everyone. I don't have a problem with a little booing but when the team is leaving the field we should be encouraging them.

I'm sorry but I hate it when fans criticize other fans.. If you dont stand up for your fanbase and your team them you are jst a poor fan IMO

Hahahahahahha! Holy cow! This really demonstrates the level we have reached in Huskernation.

He says.........I hate when fans criticize other fans........(now I'm going to go ahead and criticize other fans) LOL! Yes! I love it. Keep it coming Huskerboard.......you f'ing people amaze me.

• Fire 1