Nebraska fans are PATHETIC.....

Apathy

It's one thing to criticize this team but to boo them several times during the 2nd quarter and then to boo them as they head into the locker room for halftime.

I understand they were playing poorly and I was critizing their performance but I never booed them last night. I was embarrassed with our crowd last night when that happened and if you booed this team last night then you should be ashamed of yourself and root for another team.

Booing this team isn't going to lift the teams spirits and it certainly won't help when we're trying to recruit kids too. I'm sure those recruits were thinking "I don't want to come here and get booed".

Grow up Husker fans you so called greatest fans in the country.

This one time...in band camp...

It's not a game a tiddly-winks. I have no problem with the crowd booing on occasion if the team isn't doing what needs to be done. If we're doing everything right and still losing, don't boo. But if we're losing because we can't figure out how to stop QB keeper short of a 20 yard gain and our QB just made a silly mistake right at halftime that led to the opposing team getting a FG, go ahead and boo.

Also, if you think Husker fans, of all people, are pathetic, then you need to get out more. Husker fans are quite often some of the best people (not to mention complete strangers) I've ever met. Countless college football coaches, figureheads, and players have said that we're the best fans in the game. But I'm sure you considered all of these things when you started the thread.We are definitely pathetic because we booed a poor performance in the first half last night.

It's no question to anybody with half a brain that our defense has not been tackling worth a crap, but as I stated in another thread post, I noticed before Miller went down with an injury that our D was playing with a newfound swagger like we did last season. It came right after SJB came in at corner. I can see this defense improving big-time through the next few weeks and hopefully being up-to-par when we play Michigan, which will most likely be the play-in for the conference chapionship game. I can see this team winning every game the rest of the reg season.

Geez......on TV the environment sounded pretty kick ass. No, not even comparable to Madison Wisconsin. I mean, those Badger fans know how it's done. But still, Nebraska had it going pretty good last night except for the 2nd quarter. You can really see how this team rallies when the crowd is rallying behind them though. This team becomes an entirely different beast. I don't know what happens but something goes off in these guys heads, the crowd is juiced, and it just starts happening for them. Awesome job by the team and the fans last night. That game was everything we needed and then some. I'm f'ing' pumped up, and I hope this team feels renewed too.

=

I was at both games and the noise level was comparable, in the second half that is. The place was rocking in the second half. And +1 to the original poster, on Taylors first incomplete pass some people booed. I thought that was pretty pathetic. He completed his first 8 or 9 in a row, and he throws one bad pass and gets booed. Pathetic.

I'm sorry but I hate it when fans criticize other fans.. If you dont stand up for your fanbase and your team them you are jst a poor fan IMO

Hahahahahahha! Holy cow! This really demonstrates the level we have reached in Huskernation.

He says.........I hate when fans criticize other fans........(now I'm going to go ahead and criticize other fans) LOL! Yes! I love it. Keep it coming Huskerboard.......you f'ing people amaze me.

Agreed. It's a love/hate relationship reading some of this crap people post on here, but there's always entertainment browsing around reading internet fights.

I do not post much but I have to pipe up here. Booing these kids is deplorable and sends a stark message that nothing short of perfection is acceptable. Criticism leads to growth but a line needs be drawn. These kids bust their ass week in and week out to what end? To err is human. To have "fans" reject effort and struggle through verbal jeers to the point of wanting perfection is so weak. We are better than this as a fan base! This team is young and not a top 10 team....not this year, but we are close...at least I hope so. I speak of faith...faith in your team and yourself through thick and thin. Frustration is inevitable but must be weathered.

We have all the talent and skills to thrive in the realm of college football. However there is unquestionable youth and inexperience on this team. This is an unfortunate reality yet is no reason to abandon these players no matter how many years they have worn scarlet and cream. Players new and old need discipline and confidence to take us to the next level. A lot of this comes down to coaching and execution...no doubt. But part of this needs to come from the fans that turn their back on their team at the first signs of adversity.

These players see what other fans can and will do for their teams around the nation... on television and in person. Many teams fans put ours to shame but I still think we have one of, if not the best collection of fans of the game in the country! We need to let our positives outweigh our negatives in good times and bad. This is a rocky ride and you better be in for the long haul because we have a ways to go! To quote a certain doctor of journalism.....'“If a thing like this is worth doing at all, it's worth doing right.' This pertains to being a fan and during times like these the team needs to know that the NU faithful, the Sea of Red have their back today, tomorrow and for months to come! Get up, stand up!

GO BIG RED!

They were booing they playcalling right before half. You would think Bo would learn his lesson from last week. Fans are going to boo from time to time. It's how they let the coaches know it was unacceptable last night. They also supported the the team until the end also, not to mention spend their hard earned cash to go to the game, but you didn't want to mention that just the booing. You grow up.

+1 sir.

I'm sorry but I hate it when fans criticize other fans.. If you dont stand up for your fanbase and your team them you are jst a poor fan IMO

Hahahahahahha! Holy cow! This really demonstrates the level we have reached in Huskernation.

He says.........I hate when fans criticize other fans........(now I'm going to go ahead and criticize other fans) LOL! Yes! I love it. Keep it coming Huskerboard.......you f'ing people amaze me.

I knew this was coming, but seriously its my pet peeve, same with those husker fans that think we have the "best fans in the nation" come on show a little bit of humility.

And by the way I'm not pointing anyone out, just stating my opinion

I don't like the booing, but I can understand why people would be upset with what is going down on the field. This is not what Nebraska fans envision for Husker football. Bo has been here long enough that he has "his guys" on the field, and there should be no excuses for bad play.

But I also think that the fans that left the game deserve not getting to see the greatest come back in Husker history. Real fans would have still been there EVEN if there was no turn around in the 2nd half, no matter how bad it was. Husker fans ARE supposed to be some of college footballs best, after all.