Nebraska fans are PATHETIC.....

Apathy

Good weather fans, (I'll spell that out, fans that only cheer when we are ahead and winning and are usually the same fans that sit on theirs hands a bitch and boo when we are behind), are whats wrong with the fanbase. Those of you that claim that the boo's were for the the play calls, what is the excuse for the defensive boo's, and when the players ran into the locker room? Every year this gets brought up and its the same types of people say its their right to boo. Get a clue or give your tickets to someone that will support the team through everything.

I'm done with this for another year, mostly because the fans that think its ok to boo won't ever get it, thats fine. It reminds me last weekend when someone asked me "Why are you still we are beating you by 30 points? Go home." I respond with "Thats what real fans do, we support the team through it all". He didn't respond.

One of my friends' facebook status is this:

"We do not have the best fans in college football. We have all kinds of recruits there and the whole stadium boos our team. Then when we score a td we love Taylor again. Hypocrites."

God I want to strangle him. A) They weren't booing Taylor they were booing the playcall, mostly. B) Fans everywhere boo...it happens less here than anywhere arguably. Welcome to the world of sports...

Fans calling out fans calling out fans calling out fans. Get a f'ing life. People are always going to be less/more critical than other fans but to accuse one fanbase of being less of a Husker fan is f'ing ridiculous. Do I get pissed and accuse players of sub-par performance? HAYL YES! Compton still can't tackle worth a flip and needs to be benched Do I cheer when these same players play well? HAYL YES! He actually had a couple real good plays last night. Does that make me less of a fan the the next guy? HAYL NO!

It never f'ing fails. Each season the team struggles and the naysayers start getting restless while the sunshine pumpers proclaim themselves superior; the team loses a game and the naysayers are out for blood and the sunshine pumpers continue to proclaim themselves superior; then the team has a stellar game and the sunshine pumpers are now proclaiming themselves as "true husker fans" and asking for certain board members be banned while the naysayers are eating crow.

It's a f'ing message board. A f'ing message board. People are going to express their opinions right, wrong or indifferent. If you don't like it grow another layer of skin and grow a sack.

I'd have given you a +2 if it would have let me.

It's one thing to criticize this team but to boo them several times during the 2nd quarter and then to boo them as they head into the locker room for halftime.

I understand they were playing poorly and I was critizing their performance but I never booed them last night. I was embarrassed with our crowd last night when that happened and if you booed this team last night then you should be ashamed of yourself and root for another team.

Booing this team isn't going to lift the teams spirits and it certainly won't help when we're trying to recruit kids too. I'm sure those recruits were thinking "I don't want to come here and get booed".

Grow up Husker fans you so called greatest fans in the country.

Oh get off your high horse. I was there. There wasnt exactly all 85 thou booing. I barely heard any from the west side. I suppose youre one to think they were booing when they show Suh too.

It's one thing to criticize this team but to boo them several times during the 2nd quarter and then to boo them as they head into the locker room for halftime.

I understand they were playing poorly and I was critizing their performance but I never booed them last night. I was embarrassed with our crowd last night when that happened and if you booed this team last night then you should be ashamed of yourself and root for another team.

Booing this team isn't going to lift the teams spirits and it certainly won't help when we're trying to recruit kids too. I'm sure those recruits were thinking "I don't want to come here and get booed".

Grow up Husker fans you so called greatest fans in the country.

No sir you are pathetic, i disagree with you for several reasons. Grey hair fans like you are killing the game day atmosphere at Memorial, I was very critical of our defense last night and it was deserved. Speaking for myself I booed because the defense on the field has been unacceptable all season and if you looked at the stats at halftime it was shaping up to be another 500+ yards allowed again. Yes I am a fan and yes i get loud at the games, DEAL WITH IT. It seems like the grey hairs get mad at fans if they cheer something else besides Go Big Red, Husker Power, or Defense so to be critical of a teams performance and call them out is childish, wtf? I got chased out of the stadium last night for being loud, i was surrounded in grandpa and grandma country in hostile territory by other Husker fans.

Game day at Memorial is too quiet, go to other stadiums and they play their music loud and their fans cheer loud. The default husker fan position is a grandpa arms crossed, sitting down, listening to the radio, and judging quietly. I boo because i care, in doing so it lets the team know they need to pick it up and pull their head out of their ass, quit feeling sorry for themselves and play football.

Judging by your post, and your me only, "DEAL WITH IT" attitude, I would not have wanted to sit next to you either.

Signed: a 44 year grey hair.

They were booing they playcalling right before half. You would think Bo would learn his lesson from last week. Fans are going to boo from time to time. It's how they let the coaches know it was unacceptable last night. They also supported the the team until the end also, not to mention spend their hard earned cash to go to the game, but you didn't want to mention that just the booing. You grow up.

Well said.

One of my friends' facebook status is this:

"We do not have the best fans in college football. We have all kinds of recruits there and the whole stadium boos our team. Then when we score a td we love Taylor again. Hypocrites."

God I want to strangle him. A) They weren't booing Taylor they were booing the playcall, mostly. B) Fans everywhere boo...it happens less here than anywhere arguably. Welcome to the world of sports...

I doubt the whole stadium was booing, from the sounds of it, it was only on the east side of the field. But because of where the TV cameras were at, it sounded a lot louder than it really was. I heard two distincts time where they was booing, it was right after the Taylor Martinez INT, and again as the Huskers were going into the locker room at halftime. Now, i don't know if the booing at halftime was more of a Suh call, i just dont know. I do know they were calling out Suh's name at the end game.

But as it was stated before, you can't differentiate what the booing is about. You may be booing because of the playcalling, another fan may be booing at Taylor Martinez, while a 3rd fan is booing because of the defense. It all sounds the same, even though the reasons behind it are different.

The same goes for the players. You may be booing because of the playcalling, but the players hear the booing and think its directed at them. You may not mean it, but can't you understand how the players might think you are booing at them?

They were booing they playcalling right before half. You would think Bo would learn his lesson from last week. Fans are going to boo from time to time. It's how they let the coaches know it was unacceptable last night. They also supported the the team until the end also, not to mention spend their hard earned cash to go to the game, but you didn't want to mention that just the booing. You grow up.

+1

Booing is feedback just like cheering. It doesn't mean "we hate you," so juxtaposing the booing with subsequent 'love' is a false comparison. It's like complaining because you get a bad grade on one test but a good grade on the next test and saying that the teacher needs to be more consistent in his grading. What do you want the crowd to do? Pass polite notes with their displeasure or try to articulate exactly what they think is wrong with the performance? The huskers were getting trounced by a team that got 150 total yards last week! They were running all over the D. Frankly, I think that booing is better than silence or simply leaving (I had to take a quick trip downtown at half time and saw a lot of fans heading away from the stadium). It shows a level of engagement-- no one goes to the game specifically to boo. No one buys a ticket because they "hate" the huskers, and no one sits in the rain just to be mean. They are still engaged with the game, they're still in the stadium in the rain, and they are vocalizing their displeasure. I mean, jeeze, they come there, get fired up, get emotionally invested, and react emotionally when things go stupid (which is worst than bad).

When Bo yells at a player who screws up, do you say, "He is the worst Husker fan in the world!!1!!eleven"? No, it's feedback; booing and cheering are about the only way that the crowd can