Nebraska fans are PATHETIC.....

Apathy

Here we go again. More canned holier-than-thou horse sh*t.

Good luck trying to change the entire fan base, huskerjock. While you're at it, change the fan base of every single college/professional program in the entire world.

Let's all piss rainbows and fart rose petals.

Well said sir...

As for the pissing rainbows, you may want to get that looked at

What? Pissing red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet is not natural? No wonder people look at me weird in public bathrooms...

Booing is a fact of life in sports, it's never going to change. I can't believe the amount of people who chastize the fans over this. You want everyone on their feet yelling all time, but honestly, show me a fan base anywhere in the country that is going to be positive after that first half of football. Fans are going to react in accordance to what is happening on the field, and anyone who doesn't believe that is just not facing reality. They'll start the game providing the noise that so many here are after, but there is no way they're going to maintain that when the team continues to struggle on the field.

And on the pick at the end of the half. Yes, maybe it was a poor call (if he completes it though, everyone is saying "great call"), but only one player threw that pass. TM can't be completey absolved of all responsiblity for the pick, he threw the pass. Now, before everyone jumps down my throat on that statement, I've readily eaten my crow about TM, I thought he was vastly better this week and had a tremendous game. But the fact is, he still was the one who physically threw the ball.

Where is this playing for our entertainment coming from? If you ask any player why they came to Nebraska to play football I doubt they would say to entertain the fans. We are entertained by watching them play, they don't play to entertain us. They play for tuition free schooling and a chance at the NFL. Not to mention making long lasting relationships and many memories along the way.

The way I look at it is like this... would I boo my son if he was playing his heart out, but missed a tackle, or got burned on a pass play? No, I wouldn't. Unless a player is just not trying, I don't believe in booing a player for making mistakes. I hate to see it, but I'm not going to boo them. I'm sure they already feel like crap after screwing up in front of thousands of people.

Directing frustration at poor coaching is a little different, but I'm not conviced that the players know that the fans are booing the play calls.

If you have the insight and foreknowledge to know exactly what the "boo" sounds were for ... and it was booing for the players ... rather then the level of play or play calling ... then I'll jump in and agree with your statement. However, I don't have the same confidence. Something tells me from the circumstances of the night that something else was going on.

False

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care for the booing either but what really upsets me more is seeing old folks going to the stadium and just sitting there like a stone. No enthusiasm, no loudness when the D needs it. Stay at the old folks home in front of the TV. Not at the stadium. Fricken old people irritate me. I live in Scottsdale and when the winter starts the come down in droves and have this sense of entitlement. I try and show all people respect but it seems old people have their way and only the world centers on them. I say get out of the way and let fans who can actually cheer and jump up and down without breaking a hip into the stadium. There should be a maximum age limit in Memorial Stadium.