Stanley Jean-Baptiste

tschu

Is he the answer for our secondary? Him entering the game seemed to be one of the many turning points that got it all rolling in our favor. Boneheaded penalty aside, he looked like an actual corner out there and as a whole (with some help from Joe Bauserman) our secondary looked better than it has all year. For a converted wide receiver, I thought he played amazing.

Thoughts?

To me, it seemed that he was real relaxed back in the secondary. All the other corners (green, evans, mitchell, cooper) just look like they have way too much going through their head and are not playing football. I realize that our defense is complex and has a lot of reads, but at the end of the day, they just need to settle down and play football. Quit thinking too much.

It's very early to say, but he made a huge impact when he came in the game and besides Dennard there's not another corner back we have that you can say has done that. He's a big guy and long arms which, if he can manage to not blow coverage, is going to give opposing qbs nightmares. He is something to get excited about since we have not seen anything from the guys he replaced. Again it is much to early, but he has my vote as its obvious we need a spark in the secondary.

"#16 reminds me of Cromartie"

https://twitter.com/...870571204755456

That would be a ringing endorsement from a quality QB that is a less-than-quality person (IMO).

I do like the hustle and effort that Cromartie provided our secondary--in some aspects, he was almost as good as Fonz from what I saw, though please correct me if I'm offbase with this or I missed something boneheaded that he did.

And is it me, or does Stanley Jean-Baptiste sound like a James Bond villan's name? Not knocking his name at all, just saying... :)

I was impressed that he was able to keep an eye on the ball and still remain in position. I hate it when DB's never look back for the ball. More interceptions would sure be nice.

I think that's why it doesn't hurt to have some experience at WR to make you better as a defensive back. As a WR you always have to watch for the ball.

My comment is aside from his good play in this game. I thought he was gonna be an answer at WR. I'm pleased with what we are seeing develop at WR ... and who can argue with what we saw on the field by the guy in this past game. Guess I feel a bit like when we took Steinkuhler away from the O line and put him on the D line. Personally, I think time has shown we needed him on the O line. Obviously, the coaches know what they are doing and their plan ... my perspective is only as a fan ... I'm just hoping that we don't stay talent deficient at the WR spot. I know Bo can develop the CB spot ... it's finding talent at WR that seems to be this teams problem. We can find blocking WR's (one is in the NFL now), but it's tough to find one that can run routes, get open and block.

It seems like so many guys have gotten shots in games and very few have made any big plays back there. SJB at least did that, helped seal a monumental comeback. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him starting in a couple weeks.

This is a good point. Lots of players have been given opportunities to prove their worth. SJB has probably done more with his low number of opportunities than other players who have had more opportunities to show their ability.

If he continues to develop, he could be something special. A 6'3" corner who can run? Good luck wide receivers.