178 total yards on 64 plays (2.8)

1 fumble, 0 lost

Nebraska **

16 first downs

243 yards rushing on 41 attempts (5.9)

108 yards passing 6-18-1

351 total yards on 59 plays (5.9)

2 fumbles 1 lost

**Keep in mind these stats all came in less than 3 quarters, when Miller got hurt and OSU's offense suddenly disappeared.

If you want to compare Nebraska to the defense of a bunch of sub-.500 teams, then it is average to slightly below average. If you want to compare Nebraska to a divisional foe, then it is horrendous.

Even if it was because their backup QB was in, it was nice to see the D get a little swagger back. Coverages were all of a sudden better, the D was jacked up and more fluid, playing loose and making plays. We haven't really seen that much at all this year. Hopefully this is the turning point with the D and they can use the bye week and Minnesota to get some confidence and get ready for the 2nd half of conference play.

Backup QB or not. I think our defense found something.... confidence. It should be able to build on that heading into Minnesota and then it could propel thru the rest of the season. Im not saying our defense is gonna return to what it was in the previous 2 years, but I think it will be managable.

Backup QB or not. I think our defense found something.... confidence. It should be able to build on that heading into Minnesota and then it could propel thru the rest of the season. Im not saying our defense is gonna return to what it was in the previous 2 years, but I think it will be managable.

guys, one week at a time. let's focus on this bye week, and then start talking about minnesota, which we can only hope to get through unscathed.

Uugh.....it's not pretty.

3 weeks Bo....get "something" figured out.

GBR!!

Why are you overlooking Minnesota? It's that type of attitude that gets us in trouble. With our defense, anything is possible (cue KG).

Here we go again, because we can. We are not playing Minnesota, we are just posters on a message board. We can overlook any body we want to. These comments always crack me up. All that matters is that Bo, the rest of the coaches and the players don't overlook them. Honestly, Minnesota doesn't deserve our concern, they really do SUCK!

• Fire 1

Uugh.....it's not pretty.

3 weeks Bo....get "something" figured out.

GBR!!

Why are you overlooking Minnesota? It's that type of attitude that gets us in trouble. With our defense, anything is possible (cue KG).

Here we go again, because we can. We are not playing Minnesota, we are just posters on a message board. We can overlook any body we want to. These comments always crack me up. All that matters is that Bo, the rest of the coaches and the players don't overlook them. Honestly, Minnesota doesn't deserve our concern, they really do SUCK!

We can overlook Minnesota because frankly there are not very good. The only way Nebraska loses if they repeatly shoot them selves in the foot and even then it would take small miracle for them to beat us.

SJB looks like he could be a serious difference maker opposite Dennard,he's big enough that hopfully he can jam receivers at the line. That should help immensly. But I still have two major concerns/questions.

We still tackle SO poorly, especially out in space. How many times are we actually in pretty good position only to miss that one key tackle which then leads to a solid gain for the offense. That really does go back to Bo saying we have to execute. It's just such a departure from our normal of solid tackling. What's changed?

The second that still confuses me is why we still don't bring any extra pressure. I know everyone hates Millen, but he was making the point the MSU brought constant pressure and really disrupted Miller. And it has seemed like most of the time when we do come after the QB, good things happen for us. I know it really brings the big play into play if you miss him, but right now they're getting plenty of those anyway.