NCAA OK's Bribing of athletes Fathers

The NCAA said Auburn did no wrong, not that it's legal for a father to shop his son. You'd think, if the NCAA was going to ding a team with what Cecil Newton did, it would have to be Mississippi State where a booster (or someone) offered the money to have Cam play there. There was no evidence Auburn did that.

The whole thing still pisses me off.

• Fire 1

The NCAA said Auburn did no wrong, not that it's legal for a father to shop his son. You'd think, if the NCAA was going to ding a team with what Cecil Newton did, it would have to be Mississippi State where a booster (or someone) offered the money to have Cam play there. There was no evidence Auburn did that.

The whole thing still pisses me off.

Bingo, stole the words right out of my mouth.

They might not have found anything on the Newton case but what about the other players that came forward and admitted to getting paid for their play. The whole SEC is corrupt and dirty and the NCAA is to chickensh!t to do anything about it.

Yeah that ... plus, if the Newton's are so lilly white ... then they would have been saying, "Ya, our first choice was Mississippi State ... but they were offerring my son a lot of cash, around $180K. We just couldn't go with that ... we felt that was wrong. We found a program that we felt was the best fit for my son ... and was above board."

But what do we have ... evidence of pay for play with other players on the Auburn team ... and were suppose to believe that these guys are above board. Ya, might not be "evidence" ... the NCAA expects these clowns to say, "oh ya, we took $180K for our services". To me, it's a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Who gives a hoot about cheaters like AuBURN and schools like this that cheat. NU needs to start recruiting better and pull out all of the stops. There is no excuse to not be in the top 10 in recruiting classes. Bo can coach but he sucks at recruiting. We need a closer!

Who gives a hoot about cheaters like AuBURN and schools like this that cheat. NU needs to start recruiting better and pull out all of the stops. There is no excuse to not be in the top 10 in recruiting classes. Bo can coach but he sucks at recruiting. We need a closer!

cool story bro....

First post? Welcome to the board...

well then, NU needs to keep up with the Jones'! I am sick of all the talk about whether or not Bo and his staff can coach or not. It is about whether or not he can recruit. That is what go Solich fired because in my opinion he was a much better coach than Pelini. Therefore, NU needs ATHLETES! GO GET THEM BO!

well then, NU needs to keep up with the Jones'! I am sick of all the talk about whether or not Bo and his staff can coach or not. It is about whether or not he can recruit. That is what go Solich fired because in my opinion he was a much better coach than Pelini. Therefore, NU needs ATHLETES! GO GET THEM BO!

Well according to recruiting rankings NU has only been outdone by OSU in the B1G over the past few years as a whole. That includes last years Rose Bowl team.