Is K-State better than Nebraska???

What propelled them into the rankings was defeating a overhyped undefeated Baylor team.

Baylor getting pounded by aTm apparently doesn't hurt their resume in this week's poll.

However, their last 4 games still look pretty good. They have won at Miami, at home vs Baylor and Mizzou, and at TT. None of those teams are world beaters, but it's arguably more than NU has accomplished. Washington is now 5-1 and in the top 25, so that looks like a decent win (they play Stanford next week, so we'll see how far they have come). Other than that, the only win worth noting is vs. a depleted Ohio State team. Getting ass pounded by Wisconsin isn't helping us either.

I think Nebraska would win home or away against K State. I don't think they could contain our offense for 60 minutes, and I don't think too highly of their offense. I also don't see them sustaining this level of success through October/November. However, if you had told me after the NU-KSU game last year that at this point in 2011 KSU would be undefeated and ranked ahead of us, I would have sh#t.

It's pretty easy to look at their squad and say "oh, terrible offense", but they are hanging around in games with decent defense and capitalizing on turnovers and short fields. They could get to 10 wins and dare I say, they have a better shot of knocking off OU at home than OSU does in Norman. I find the possibility of KSU grabbing at least a share of the Big 12 title and Texas losing every remaining game hilarious.

K-State jumps 5 spots and ahead of Nebraska in the AP poll after beating a .500 Texas Tech team.

http://sportsillustr.../ap/?eref=sinav

This is why I hate the college football ranking system. Nebraska squeaks by tOSU that nobody thought was any good. Then tOSU beats an Illinois team that everybody had a hard on for, so does this benefit Nebraska, nope. They get passed by an undefeated team that hasnt played anybody yet.

i dont think K-State can beat Nebraska, thats why this really pisses me off.

I think K-State is good, and would be a really good opponent for us. I see us as about equal. However, I agree with you. I don't like the ranking system it is completely flawed and based on 67% human bias. They always take that "What have you done for me now" kind of approach. If OSU ends up winning out, we won't get credit for them finishing as a good team. Same thing goes for a team like LSU. LSU beats Miss St while they were ranked, and now MSU has a losing record, last in the SEC West. LSU gets credit for beating a "ranked" team. Its asinine in how the ranking system works. In my opinion there needs to be a COMPLEX system with the end result as a playoff at the end.

Less talented, better coached.

Ya, K-State is a great story. Love what they are accomplishing. To top it off, I know everyone is talking about their upcoming games and probably losses ... I agree. Let it be known ... we still have Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State, Michigan and Iowa left on our schedule. I can see us losing three of those games, especially is our offense make mistakes and the D stays as it is.

The question I have ... is do we deserve our ranking. Most Husker fans have us ranked much higher then I do.

I wouldn't want to play them on their field this year. I don't know if beating Minn this week, really answers any questions about the team, as they not the toughest team to measure your progress against. If the team we saw in the second half of the OSU game, is here to stay, than we could very well win out. I give a lot of credit to B Snyder, he is one heck of a good coach. If his team gets blown out any time this year, it will probably be by Okl. I think his team will be in all the rest, till the final gun sounds.

GBR!!!

It's pretty easy to look at their squad and say "oh, terrible offense", but they are hanging around in games with decent defense and capitalizing on turnovers and short fields. They could get to 10 wins and dare I say, they have a better shot of knocking off OU at home than OSU does in Norman. I find the possibility of KSU grabbing at least a share of the Big 12 title and Texas losing every remaining game hilarious.

No way KSU has a shot at the Big 12 title game. Oklahoma and Okie Lite are looking good and save for a few second half collapses Texas a&m isn't to shabby either. I predict they'll go 1-3 over the next four games.