While watching the MN game

snell352

I had heard one of the the announcers ( I think Brock Huard) say that when he asked Tim Beck about the identity of his offense and what do they want to be known for Beck had said " He did not know". Am I the only one that finds this concerning? I cannot believe he does not just say run the ball and be the best at it. How I miss Tom Osborne at the helm.

I had heard one of the the announcers ( I think Brock Huard) say that when he asked Tim Beck about the identity of his offense and what do they want to be known for Beck had said " He did not know". Am I the only one that finds this concerning? I cannot believe he does not just say run the ball and be the best at it. How I miss Tom Osborne at the helm.

people really make too big a deal about offensive 'identity'. we try to get touchdowns by passing and running. it's all moot until we can trust and rely on our o-line anyway.

I'll take Beck's version of the story of Huard's any day of the week. Huard spent a lot of time sounding like an idiot yesterday.

I don't want to sound like "Huard hates Nebraska, what an idiot!" I think he sounded like an idiot because he would incorrectly read something the statiticians put up and then talk about it like his opinion was gospel.

Example: at one point a graphic came up that said Martinez and Burkhead accounted for 83 out of 88 rushing yards (Burkhead had more). He went on a tangent about how Martinez had 83% of the rushing yards and he won't last and Burkhead needs to be more involved, yada yada yada. That is the one that sticks out in my mind so he kind of rubbed me wrong the rest of the broadcast..

Once he said you have to be a quarterback or runningback to be in the Heisman race, I stopped paying attention to anything he had to say.

To be fair to Brock, he wasn't saying that as fact. What he was saying was that based off of trends in recent years, you pretty much have to be a QB or a RB in order to win the Heisman.

Once he said you have to be a quarterback or runningback to be in the Heisman race, I stopped paying attention to anything he had to say.

To be fair to Brock, he wasn't saying that as fact. What he was saying was that based off of trends in recent years, you pretty much have to be a QB or a RB in order to win the Heisman.

i don't think he was wrong.

I don't, either. Only five Heisman Trophy winners haven't been QB's or RB's. That stat speaks to the validity of Brock's statements.

I don't, either. Only five Heisman Trophy winners haven't been QB's or RB's. That stat speaks to the validity of Brock's statements.

it's basically a fact at this point. if anything, he was illustrating what we already knew, it doesn't go to the best player, it goes to the player who best fits a certain rubric. i really didn't have a problem with the commentators yesterday. thought they did a fine job.

I thought Beck told him we were kind of a "mutt" offense, a little of everything.