Official Why We Beat MSU Thread

1. Pull out the (other) trick plays

2. Beck, don't put Martinez in a position to beat us (e.g. Wisconsin)

3. Blitz Cousins more than we blitzed Wilson

4. Have Barrett Ruud suit up in place of Compton. Compton can take Ruud's spot in return... no one will watch the Colts-Titans game anyway.

if we are going to do #4, then why not go all out and replace Moore with Suh and Fisher with KVB also? lol

Lots of astute comments on here....I think you guys pretty much have it figured out. Our offensive line is vulnerable and our offense stalls a lot, especially if we can't get a running attack going. It'll look great one minute, and then go 3 and out for the next three possessions.

On a scale of 1 to 10, Cousins' escapability is a -3. If you can get into our backfield enough, you will probably win.

Cousins can look great at times, but then he'll just make bizarre decisions that affect the outcome of a game - like throwing red zone interceptions, or waiting too long in the pocket and getting sacked in critical situations, throwing off his back foot, fumbling the ball, etc. I love the kid, but he's gotta clean up some of that stuff in order to be considered a very good or great QB.

It just seems like MSU has a tendency to make stupid mistakes that end up hurting us a lot....In the Wisconsin game, we fumbled on the first play of our 1st possession, handing Wisky an invitation to our end zone for a quick 6 points. Thankfully, we were able to overcome that, but eventually mistakes like that will lose you games - especially on the road in a hostile environment, in the Big Ten.

With our defense we may make him look like an all-american or a freshman...................it's hard telling!

I question their conditioning.

Gholston will be back - so at least we'll have one guy who is in shape.

269362.jpg

( I know it looks like a handshake, but he tore Hoke's arm off shortly after the photo was taken)

FYI, if I came across this guy on the street in my job.....................I'd definately shoot him with a tazer and run the other way. Good god he's huge!!!

I glanced over at one of the Michigan State message board (can't get in unless you register) and thought it was interesting that one of the threads was Unbelievable delusion going on over on Nebraska free board Are we delusional or are they over confident? But then further down it said: Will Nebraska run the Option? Will MSU defend it well? This will be an interesting game. I really hope our boys play the same way they did in the second half of the Ohio State game. I was listening to 1620 the Zone yesterday and they were talking about a type of game where the team can give a sigh of relief after having played two really hard games. Kugler said he didn't think the game against NU will be MSU's 'relief game' (I forgot what official name he gave this type of game) He thought it would be the next one where they play against Minn. I hope it is this game. I hope they come into Memorial Stadium full of themselves, overconfident and then make mistake after mistake after mistake and our boys come out shining.

I glanced over at one of the Michigan State message board (can't get in unless you register) and thought it was interesting that one of the threads was Unbelievable delusion going on over on Nebraska free board Are we delusional or are they over confident? But then further down it said: Will Nebraska run the Option? Will MSU defend it well? This will be an interesting game. I really hope our boys play the same way they did in the second half of the Ohio State game. I was listening to 1620 the Zone yesterday and they were talking about a type of game where the team can give a sigh of relief after having played two really hard games. Kugler said he didn't think the game against NU will be MSU's 'relief game' (I forgot what official name he gave this type of game) He thought it would be the next one where they play against Minn. I hope it is this game. I hope they come into Memorial Stadium full of themselves, overconfident and then make mistake after mistake after mistake and our boys come out shining.

MSU's free board is the Red Cedar Message Board at SpartanTailgate.com. It's where most of the best (and worst because it is tRCMB) discussion takes place.

MSU's free board is the Red Cedar Message Board at SpartanTailgate.com. It's where most of the best (and worst because it is tRCMB) discussion takes place.

Thanks so much! It's all in good fun. We look forward to playing you on Saturday. We hope that you will visit our board often and if you come to Lincoln enjoy yourself. You'll have a great time! Lots of friendly folks who know and love football :)

Thanks a lot!!

It'll be a TERRIFIC game.

GBR!!

The crowd needs to be as loud as it was at 7:30 at night against Ohio State. This being an 11 o'clock game gives us no excuse not to be loud. My girlfriend and I will be screaming our asses off! If we are as loud as we can be, we will make it difficult on Michigan State and Kirk Cousins. If we aren't very loud it will be a long day. I think we will win no matter what though Saturday! GO BIG RED! 42-17 NU!