Jerry Kill signs 7 year extension-$8.4 Million

I like it.

If they really believe in the guy give him a real chance to make a change. No one can turn that program around quickly and moving from coach to coach will do nothing for the program.

If the contract was 4-5 I can see it.

But when you are paying a guy alot of money(I doubt they would buy him out) for SEVEN years when you didn't have to pony up the dough?

Don't see it.

Not to mention the medical issues.

I like it.

If they really believe in the guy give him a real chance to make a change. No one can turn that program around quickly and moving from coach to coach will do nothing for the program.

** Especially valid because it is Minnesota. It's not like the guy walked into a situation like Gene Chizik did at Auburn or Muschamp at Florida. It's freaking Minnesota. Vince Lombardi would need several years to turn that team around.

I like it.

** Especially valid because it is Minnesota. It's not like the guy walked into a situation like Gene Chizik did at Auburn or Muschamp at Florida. It's freaking Minnesota. Vince Lombardi would need several years to turn that team around.

That is what I mean 4-5 years the program still wont be at a bowl level, but they should at least look like they belong on the same field as the other team.

A 4 year judgement worked for Callahan because if you can't get it done at Nebraska after 4 years you will never get it done. At Minnesota that isn't the case. They more than likely wont make a bowl in the next at least 4 years so if they fire Kill after that they end up right back where they started in 2011. At least this way they give a guy that has proven to turn really bad programs into winners a decent chance.

In all honesty 4-5 years is not enough for a program at rock bottom like Minnesota. Really, they never should have fired Glenn Mason. 7 or 8 wins and a bowl game is about the best Minnesota is going to do. The 'glory days' of the '50s are not coming back. And where they are now, its at least a 5-7 year project. In a 'named' program 4 is enough to have a good idea how things are going. But when there isa roster that has almost no players that could start at other conference teams (or even crack the 2-deep on the higher programs) its more than one set of recruiting classes.

As a Badger fan I'm very happy about this, 7 more guaranteed wins, just enough to take control of the rivalry.

That said as Human Being at some level I hate to see others suffer needlessly and without hope. Something needs to be done to help these poor people, maybe a telethon or benefit concert?

Glen Mason had these guys beating an undefeated PSU team in Happy Valley in year 3.

The right coach can work for 6-8 wins consistently. They had Talent when Mason was there. Marion Barber and Lawrence Maroney were beasts.

Dude didn't qualify for a bowl game thrice. first two years and then in 2001.

Winning can be done at Minny without waiting half a decade.