The Offense is Getting Much Better Under Beck and Co.

I was talking about Wisconsin. We seem to forget about that game for some reason.

Again over a team that had lost its leader. Bshirt I am glad you are confident, but I have learned over the last ten or so years, that we are not as good as we think we are normally. I am tired of drinking the kool aid just to puke it up after games like Wisconsin. You seem to think the offense is good, I think it may end up being as we have talent there.

You also mention a Offense that was not ranked and put up a lot of points on our supposed great defense. That will most likely come into play with Cousins picking us apart. We are not capable of getting a pass rush, nor do we fare well when we blitz.

Their defense is the number one rush defense in the country I think.

My guess is that this is going to be another slaughter along the lines of Wisconsin, but being at home may take some of the sting out of it.

We have coaching problems on both sides of the ball, and my guess is that it will become more obvious as the year goes on.

I will cheering and screaming for them to win just as I always do, but I am not expecting a lot more wins this year to be honest.

I was talking about Wisconsin. We seem to forget about that game for some reason.

Again over a team that had lost its leader. Bshirt I am glad you are confident, but I have learned over the last ten or so years, that we are not as good as we think we are normally. I am tired of drinking the kool aid just to puke it up after games like Wisconsin. You seem to think the offense is good, I think it may end up being as we have talent there.

You also mention a Offense that was not ranked and put up a lot of points on our supposed great defense. That will most likely come into play with Cousins picking us apart. We are not capable of getting a pass rush, nor do we fare well when we blitz.

Their defense is the number one rush defense in the country I think.

My guess is that this is going to be another slaughter along the lines of Wisconsin, but being at home may take some of the sting out of it.

We have coaching problems on both sides of the ball, and my guess is that it will become more obvious as the year goes on.

I will cheering and screaming for them to win just as I always do, but I am not expecting a lot more wins this year to be honest.

Hey, I'm honestly not trying to pick on you my friend. We're both hardcore Husker fans. It's just that some of your statements are just out there a bit.

I don't know of even "one" poster on this forum that thinks we have a great defense. Actually, I don't know of "one" poster that thinks we even have an average defense. So where you get this "supposedly great defense" is beyond me.

That you think MSU's offense will run over our defense is hardly an unusual take (at all). Heck, that's what we're all worried about. It would take a quantity of Kool-aid that fills the Atlantic ocean to project our blackshirts playing in the same galaxy as the last two previous years.

The difference is that some us think we can outscore them. We'll just agree to disagree about Beck. No biggie. Their offense isn't great at all and it's not crazy to think they'll screw the pooch a couple of times. Especially in Lincoln.

As others have stated, without doubt the good on good for this game is their defense and our offense. Their offense is average and our defense is poor. But we're in Lincoln and we "do" have a HC with a very, very rich history of superb defenses. Maybe he can perform some of his magic and bring our defense to average play? It could happen.

Anyways, I don't see NU getting slaughtered. I actually think we'll win this game. Something like 34 - 31. Haha...who know, we'll see.

Hang tough, compadre'!

GBR!!

Until he proves me wrong.

I hate when people say this.

only if it's used like this: "I think we could have done better than Beck. Until he proves me wrong I am going to feel that way"

...but this will get you some +1's around here: "I trust Tom and Bo and if they believe in Beck, then I believe in Beck. Until he proves me wrong I am going to feel that way"

• Fire 1

Teams that have everything go against them get that mind set. We steal the ball, Their main offensive weapon goes down, and as everything that has befallen OSU this year. The win attitude goes away.

Try understanding what true athletes do and feel. It is a normal situation. The wheels came off their game. It happens many times a year.

WTF!

Haha...their qb gets hurt in the 2nd half so of course Ohio State's elite defense immediately decides to lay down and quit (even with a big lead). Makes sense to me.

GBR!!

14 points isnt a big lead.

Cant wait for Saturday. I havent been this fired up for a game since the CCG. Its make or break for Nebraska this week.

I hope we play within ourselves and get to the 4th quarter. Then use Sexy Rexy and Oline to finish them off.

Actually it was 21 points with a quarter and a half to go and their D playing well, yeah it was a big lead.

The lead was 14 points when Miller went down on 3rd and long. Probably shouldve been alittle bit clearer.

Teams that have everything go against them get that mind set. We steal the ball, Their main offensive weapon goes down, and as everything that has befallen OSU this year. The win attitude goes away.

Try understanding what true athletes do and feel. It is a normal situation. The wheels came off their game. It happens many times a year.

WTF!

Haha...their qb gets hurt in the 2nd half so of course Ohio State's elite defense immediately decides to lay down and quit (even with a big lead). Makes sense to me.

GBR!!

14 points isnt a big lead.

Cant wait for Saturday. I havent been this fired up for a game since the CCG. Its make or break for Nebraska this week.

I hope we play within ourselves and get to the 4th quarter. Then use Sexy Rexy and Oline to finish them off.

Actually it was 21 points with a quarter and a half to go and their D playing well, yeah it was a big lead.

The lead was 14 points when Miller went down on 3rd and long. Probably shouldve been alittle bit clearer.

I got you now, but they were down 21 with just over 7 to play in the 3rd and didn't have the ball. Then LD struck.

Beck back to being Mr. Impatient and calls for a bomb that was picked off! Geez. Will this guy never learn? Maybe after Turner Gill gets let go he can come and be the OC.

Yea Beck is proving game in and game out that he is incapable of calling 4 solid quarters. I'm not a big fan, and if a proven OC is available we pry need to grab him.

Beck back to being Mr. Impatient and calls for a bomb that was picked off! Geez. Will this guy never learn? Maybe after Turner Gill gets let go he can come and be the OC.

Yea Beck is proving game in and game out that he is incapable of calling 4 solid quarters. I'm not a big fan, and if a proven OC is available we pry need to grab him.

Agreed.

Here for the crow, would like mine buttered and dipped in onions.

Beck called a good game in the second half. The defense played their best game of the year by far.

I do now want to take anything away from the kids, but I do feel that Michigan state was feeling the schedule. Did not seem spot on like last week. Of course it could have been our defense, but I think it was a combination of the two.

Still not sure Beck is the answer, but he called a great game midway through. Would have liked to have seen Carnes and set Rex, but stranger things have happened than not pulling starters.

Agreed.

Wow, I think everyone needs some perspective here. One thing Beck does seem to do well is make halftime adjustments. He has had the O play with its hair on fire in the second half all year. A big part of that is the prep work the uptempo does in the 1st Half, but mostly because of adjustments Beck makes.

I thought today went well. It was nice to see the jailbreak screen (again), the shovel pass (the way TO used to run it although it gained no yards), and a wheel route by Rex. Really impressed with the way the offense continues to add new wrinkles. This is what a good OC is supposed to do. You saw Mich St run the same things they've been running all year with no surprises offensively. I really liked almost every call today.