Toughest game going forward?

Michigan will be the tougher test for our defense while Penn State will be the tougher test for our offense. I'm not sure one game will be tougher overall than the other though...

Michigan will be when we find out if our defense has learned to corral mobile QBs, and that will be huge if we end up facing Ohio State in the CCG. Braxton Miller looks better every week...

I've noticed that about Miller as well. Looks a little more complete each week.

I'd rather face PSU or Wisky than OSU in the CCG. PSU in the driver's seat right now with a 2 game lead on both (and surprisingly, Purdue).

I'd also rather face PSU or Wiscy, but I don't see it happening.

PSU still has to face both UW and OSU, and us, and they could easily lose all three of those games which would drop them out of the race. I don't think they'll beat both UW and OSU, and since this conversation is probably irrelevant if they beat us, my guess is that they go to at least 2 conferences losses with either UW or OSU holding the tiebreaker on them.

OSU's remaining tests are PSU and Michigan (kinda like us, coincidentally), and I don't see them losing either of those the way they're playing right now. That would check them in with two losses with the tiebreakers over both Wiscy ad PSU.

Wisconsin is probably the most likely to win out, with their only remaining test being Penn State, but they also need the most help. It looks like they probably need Michigan to beat Ohio State, and then they need Ohio State or Nebraska to beat Penn State.

Right now, I would say that Ohio State has a good shot at winning out - and if they take care of business, they only need Penn State to drop a game against UW or NEB, which doesn't seem to be much of a stretch.

Michigan will be the tougher test for our defense while Penn State will be the tougher test for our offense. I'm not sure one game will be tougher overall than the other though...

Michigan will be when we find out if our defense has learned to corral mobile QBs, and that will be huge if we end up facing Ohio State in the CCG. Braxton Miller looks better every week...

I've noticed that about Miller as well. Looks a little more complete each week.

I'd rather face PSU or Wisky than OSU in the CCG. PSU in the driver's seat right now with a 2 game lead on both (and surprisingly, Purdue).

I'd also rather face PSU or Wiscy, but I don't see it happening.

PSU still has to face both UW and OSU, and us, and they could easily lose all three of those games which would drop them out of the race. I don't think they'll beat both UW and OSU, and since this conversation is probably irrelevant if they beat us, my guess is that they go to at least 2 conferences losses with either UW or OSU holding the tiebreaker on them.

OSU's remaining tests are PSU and Michigan (kinda like us, coincidentally), and I don't see them losing either of those the way they're playing right now. That would check them in with two losses with the tiebreakers over both Wiscy ad PSU.

Wisconsin is probably the most likely to win out, with their only remaining test being Penn State, but they also need the most help. It looks like they probably need Michigan to beat Ohio State, and they need Ohio State and Nebraska to beat Penn State.

Right now, I would say that Ohio State has a good shot at winning out - and if they take care of business, they only need Penn State to drop a game against UW or NEB, which doesn't seem to be much of a stretch.

Cosign, thanks for the breakdown of the races, I've been too lazy to work it out for myself.

I think facing shoe laces will be by far the toughest game we have. We do not fair well against a mobile QB and now they have found a running back. plus we play them at home. Playing in the Big House will have some affect if they a play close to us. A lot more noise than we are used to.

Jo Pa will give us game, but we match better with them than Michigan.

We play a great defensive game today, if the light truly came on, then we just might get by them.

Can hardly wait to watch both games.

penn state seems to have problem scoring, and i am going to say michigan is probably the toughest test for nu....the michigan state win was big, i thought we would loose it.....should really give this group some much needed confidence, espically the younger players

I think facing shoe laces will be by far the toughest game we have. We do not fair well against a mobile QB and now they have found a running back. plus we play them at home. Playing in the Big House will have some affect if they a play close to us. A lot more noise than we are used to.

Jo Pa will give us game, but we match better with them than Michigan.

We play a great defensive game today, if the light truly came on, then we just might get by them.

Can hardly wait to watch both games.

Denard Robinson has been less than accurate in throwing the ball.

The mobile QBs that have hurt us in the past could also throw.

I won't call it NU's toughest game, but will reiterate the game again after seeing so many people throw out the mobile QB worry. Next week, Northwestern. The reason it isn't a "tough" game is their complete lack of a defense. The reason it is a "tough" game, Dan Persa is more than capable of making the Blackshirts a short stay in the lockers of the defense.

This is the best test for the D after yesterdays game. The WIldcats have put up points and yards on almost everyone. They will spread the field and test NU's LBs and Safeties in underneath coverages and deep crossing routes. Things that have plagued NU this year. The front four ust be good, as NU will probably sit in a nickel most of this week. When Colter comes in the spread option comes into play and Colter is capable of looking like Braxton Miller making guys miss.

Again for the defense this will be a great test. Offensively, Northwestern has given up at least 34 points in all their B1G games. I expect that trend to continue, and perhaps see a good day from Taylor throwing the ball against a secondary that isn't bad, they are Kansas bad.

1) To me Michigan is a tough matchup for Nebraska due to Robinson. I think we can exploit the edges on Michigan when we are on offense. I look for our RB corp to have a big game. I want to see sweeps, diamond and reverses. It will come down to who scores last & turnovers.

2) Penn State has the best D of the teams we have left. Their running game is getting better and settling on a game managing qb has helped PSU. I think it will be a game similar to MSU in score or lower. We need to concentrate on stopping the run and forcing them to pass. Blitz the heck out of the Qb if we can get them to be 1-dimentional.

3) Iowa probably is the most balanced/sound. They don't have a lot of game breakers but they are tough. McNutt & Coker is their offense. I'd say play it like MSU but Iowa would grind it out then, so I think we have to mix it up. Double McNutt but press the other wr's. Blitz their QB. That stand up rush might work pretty good. Got to stop Coker.

4) NWU has a tough offense for us but their defense is so bad that I think we will outscore them by a couple of TD's. As long as we don't turn over the ball and get stupid penalties, they should be okay. I am thinking this will have a huge over. I wonder if TMart will have 200 yds rushing..

Michigan is the toughest team left on our schedule, mostly because of Dennard Robinson and the fact that we play them in The Big House. Their defense is improving, and Robinson can beat you by himself.

Penn State will not be easy in Happy Valley, but their offense is horrid and their defense is mediocre. Michigan State, Ohio State and Wisconsin all have better defenses. We score 17 points against Penn State (our lowest output against the three toughest defenses we've faced) and we win that game.

We could lose any of our four remaining games. It's a tough stretch, and there isn't a team we can rest against. But we could win every game as well.

We just have to build on this win, not rest on our laurels. Hopefully earning those Blackshirts makes the defense confident and not overconfident.