Checking in from HuskerPedia

Cactus--You ended pretty well at HP, should have left it at that buddy.

I took it as his mod position ended, which in my opinion is a good thing. For those that asked where i went, I was always there, I just stopped posting. After being banned for calling out a known multiple troll (who for some reason was obsessed with the fact that I posted on Shaggybevo), I really never felt the desire to post.

I would equate it to this.

I went to a wedding about 10 years ago that had an open bar. I really liked rum and coke at the time and drank it quite often. I really have no idea how many I had that night, but the fact that I was sick for 3 days after tells me it was probably too much. I've never had the desire to drink it ever since.

Glad to see so many familiar faces. I look forward to meeting some new ones.

MP, I PM'd you not long ago about this, maybe you didn't read it.

As mod my main priorities were to be fair and consistent..and to be open about things. I 100% agree the guy you are talking about was a troll as did virtually everyone...and they didn't want him there. When you went off on him I either had to suspend you or give you a free pass and if I give one free pass what do I do when the next guy wants one for goign off on some guy he doesn't like? How do you define/rule on who is a big enough troll to allow people to go off on? So the most fair and consistent thing was to just give you a token suspension. It's like a cop that sees a dude break a guy's nose w/ a punch and the guy was asking for it w/ his mouth etc. The cop has to arrest the guy, especially when there are witnesses all over...even if he wanted to punch the guy too. It wasn't much later that he was banned. I realize it didnt' happen as soon as some wanted...but I feel I handled him the way I do all posters. I'm sure if I was sitting online in the fb forum all the time I could have acted sooner.

Hope my ramble make sense and you can see where I was coming from.

CB you are starting to sound like Fox News..............fair and balanced................and we all know how that works out!!

I have no ill will towards you CT, I just don't agree with the way you handled it. I answered a question that was asked by a few here in regards to where I was, thats all. I have no desire to rehash that situation here. I am not going to discuss the matter any further. I hope you do the same.

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure you understood my reasons. GBR!

Is Cactus Boy OG short for Cactus Boy OH my GOD" or Cactus Boy "On Guard"..............???

I have no ill will towards you CT, I just don't agree with the way you handled it. I answered a question that was asked by a few here in regards to where I was, thats all. I have no desire to rehash that situation here. I am not going to discuss the matter any further. I hope you do the same.

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure you understood my reasons. GBR!

Is Cactus Boy OG short for Cactus Boy OH my GOD" or Cactus Boy "On Guard"..............???

Duuuuuude....

original-gangsta-glitter.gif

some wanna be signed up w/ "cactusboy" yesterday morning so I'm going OG.

I can already tell I like this place better. At HP I always felt like I had to keep my defenses up every time I posted anything.

But here I already feel like I can just relax and be myself and say whatever comes to mind...

I'm typing this naked right now.

There are some lenient mods around here it seems...I have never had any issues....and when I had something deleted or was warned about something...it was apart of the rules and it was a very objective ruling. I had no problems with any actions that were taken. This place is pretty chill.

I am getting a sense of that already here, chaddyboxer.

*And I was joking about the whole nude thing.

I had my boxers on ;)

Don't chue lie to me!!! On another note.....NEB wins this weekend, 42-17

Da Fuuugeeees ....don' go messin' wit a refugeeeeee ....we are like a man without a country , that moved to the burbs to rid ourselves of the RIFF RAFF ... :corndance

Hey, let us have our one de-brief thread. We're all refugees, you know.

That said, we should probably leave it all here (in this thread), and only here. All the other members of HB probably don't need a bunch of new guys showing up and bringing their message board baggage with them.