U know what????

mwj98

ESPN is a liberal network with their own agenda. They "got rid of" Hank Williams' song for MNF for Pete's sake. Big 10 network I like much more. They are less biased and with only 12 teams to cover they are much more exclusive. I dont even pay attention to espn anymore.

Holy ISW, liberal? Really?

Can we give the knee-jerk "ESPN BAD" "MARK MAY BIASED" crap a name like "ESPN Derangement Syndrome" or something?

Sure, as long as we give the "ESPN said _______, it is now TRUTH" crap a name like "ESPN Belief Syndrome." We'll call it ESPN-BS for short.

Hey, I'm not saying they're the truth, but so much of the criticism of the network is just unfounded, over the top omfg-they-didn't-kiss-my-team's-butt-so-they-suck nuttery it's not even funny.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of hearing how [from Urban and Co.], and I'm paraphrasing, "Michigan State lost, but Nebraska didn't win." So what if you had to play @ Ohio State, vs. Michigan, and won on a hail mary vs. Wisconsin. Those games are over, and they don't matter; all that matters was the game ahead of you Saturday @ Nebraska. Nebraska showed up and played defense extremely well and our offense played very well against a top-ten Michigan State defense.

But they [Michigan State] were tired...they had a brutal schedule...they were hungover from Wisconsin. Doesn't matter, Nebraska also had to play football in previous weeks, too. Good teams win them all.

If people these days haven't figured Mark May is a massive pile of douche, well whatever. All the guy does is hop on the nutsack of the team or player that is the flavor of the month. Usc, check. Florida, check. Texass, check. Boomer Sooner, check. Oregon last year, check. Auburn last year, check. LSU/Bama this year, check. All of these teams were gods gift to football according to Mark in their title runs. Now that a new team has come along, or a little turmoil has shown up at the formers front door, May is the first to kick that team and prod at their defficiencies. And still can't get it through his head is Pitt always have and always will suck.

Classic TOOL.

Except that in this case he didn't do that...

Can we give the knee-jerk "ESPN BAD" "MARK MAY BIASED" crap a name like "ESPN Derangement Syndrome" or something?

Perhaps you're missing my point. Mine was that the guy has a track record of pumping sunshine up a teams butt, if they are "the team" that year. You know like the greatest Bandwagon jumper ever. I don't care if he bags on NU(because I have said the same things usually) of if he applauds NU(I have done that). I am just saying the guy is another classic case of a former player that has played the game, that can't keep personal biases out of his own way when analyzing or breaking down a game.

That is why he is a clown.

Perhaps you're missing my point. Mine was that the guy has a track record of pumping sunshine up a teams butt, if they are "the team" that year. You know like the greatest Bandwagon jumper ever. I don't care if he bags on NU(because I have said the same things usually) of if he applauds NU(I have done that). I am just saying the guy is another classic case of a former player that has played the game, that can't keep personal biases out of his own way when analyzing or breaking down a game.

That is why he is a clown.

I won't disagree with that. I'm not a big fan of May myself. It just seems to me that the criticism of ESPN goes over the top sometimes (not necessarily by you, just in general on this board).

It just seems to me that the criticism of ESPN goes over the top sometimes (not necessarily by you, just in general on this board).

I don't see why you'd defend them. They are everything that is wrong with sports.

There are plenty of legitimate criticisms to have about the ESPN networks, not least of which is their near-monopoly over sports on TV. I was even complaining about them just the other day. I simply get tired of people from every fan base I come into contact with complaining about ESPN as a whole or various ESPN analysts hating their team because they didn't pump sunshine up that fanbase's backside. Even when they're being complimentary of the team, someone manages to take offense (see OP).

Factual errors are worthy of ire, but a subjective notion that an ESPN analyst didn't give your team as much love as you think they should have isn't. Getting worked up after completely misconstruing a compliment for an insult makes even less sense.

Espn hates Nebraska and loves USC. I really try to listen to Espn analysts as little as possible. I thought the fact that College Gameday was in SoCal for USC and Stanford game was a clear showing of that "hollywood" west coast bias they show. Considering USC has all kinds of sanctions and bans from bowl games or NC's I don't think they should be rewarded for their complete lack of discipline. The worst part is, I thought they should have been in either Lincoln or Manhattan. Turns out USC and Stanford goes to triple overtime for a spectacular game, and Kansas State gets their ass exposed as the red headed stepchild they always have been. Now Espn is really patting themselves on the back for that decision.

Go to any football forum and you will see these same posts. There is no team in the country that thinks they are getting the respect they are due by ESPN. Go to an Ohio State forum. They have been on the bad side of ESPN's reporting this whole year. To an outsider it's completely valid, to an Ohio State fan it is bias.

If you are upset over the "tan-shirts" comment you need to get a clue. Up to this point it was valid. If you're upset over the throwing motion comments then you are probably a hypocrite, because everybody (fans included) laughs about Taylor's throwing motion. It is hideous. But even Mark May (I hate him) defended it by saying that it works for him (in the second half at least). Mark May makes a lot of dumb statements but ends up eating crow half the time.

And I found Urban Meyer to be very good. Much better than the other two announcers. He had great insight and great things to say about Nebraska. I hope he never goes to OSU. Would you really want to play an Urban Meyer coached team over having to listen to him as an announcer?

I feel like we've been getting plenty of respect from the media these last few years. Local writers have worse sh#t to say than any national network does. Winning and running a clean program will garner respect but also have people looking for things to criticize. If they want to criticize Taylor's motion for instance, let them. It has nothing to do with their supposed "lack of respect" for our program.

Go to any football forum and you will see these same posts. There is no team in the country that thinks they are getting the respect they are due by ESPN. Go to an Ohio State forum. They have been on the bad side of ESPN's reporting this whole year. To an outsider it's completely valid, to an Ohio State fan it is bias.

If you are upset over the "tan-shirts" comment you need to get a clue. Up to this point it was valid. If you're upset over the throwing motion comments then you are probably a hypocrite, because everybody (fans included) laughs about Taylor's throwing motion. It is hideous. But even Mark May (I hate him) defended it by saying that it works for him (in the second half at least). Mark May makes a lot of dumb statements but ends up eating crow half the time.

And I found Urban Meyer to be very good. Much better than the other two announcers. He had great insight and great things to say about Nebraska. I hope he never goes to OSU. Would you really want to play an Urban Meyer coached team over having to listen to him as an announcer?

I feel like we've been getting plenty of respect from the media these last few years. Local writers have worse sh#t to say than any national network does. Winning and running a clean program will garner respect but also have people looking for things to criticize. If they want to criticize Taylor's motion for instance, let them. It has nothing to do with their supposed "lack of respect" for our program.

Good post