Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard - 2014 Edition

Landlord

Wow, nice thread. And I'm definitely fine with Weeden being on there. He did not play well that game, and several of his big completions were where he massively underthrew Blackmon and Blackmon was able to use his size to go back and get it, even though Prince had his route 100% covered. It was one of Weeden's worst games of the season, percentage-wise.

Hopefully we can soon add Persa and Robinson to the list as well.

I don't want to shake up a good thing but what do you think about expanding this list backwards by including QB graveyard pre-Pelini?

The blackshirts had much success at demolishing much hyped QB's even before Pelini.

1997 season-1998 Orange Bowl Peyton Manning comes to mind.

I don't know if I'd put Tyrod and Landry in there.

Tyrod definitely didn't have a 2009 LandryJones moment against NU. After all he made one of the best clutch passes that I've seen in a long time to beat NU.... Without that pass VT loses.

if you are thinking about the long ball, hanlon completely blew the coverage by falling. tyrod did nothing that game. and he was a mobile qb.

I don't want to shake up a good thing but what do you think about expanding this list backwards by including QB graveyard pre-Pelini?

The blackshirts had much success at demolishing much hyped QB's even before Pelini.

Bo Pelini is the head coach, not Tom Osborne. That's why.

Tyrod definitely didn't have a 2009 LandryJones moment against NU. After all he made one of the best clutch passes that I've seen in a long time to beat NU.... Without that pass VT loses.

if you are thinking about the long ball, hanlon completely blew the coverage by falling. tyrod did nothing that game. and he was a mobile qb.

hes talking about the td pass to win the game - because if it was the long ball you're absolutely right that ohanlon blew coverage. His sprint and td-saving ankle tackle was epic though, it's too bad we lost that game.

hes talking about the td pass to win the game - because if it was the long ball you're absolutely right that ohanlon blew coverage. His sprint and td-saving ankle tackle was epic though, it's too bad we lost that game.

the game winning td was impressive, and that's their play, but i still was not impressed with him that game. i really liked tyrod, thought he was a great college qb, that's why i was so much more impressed with our defense containing him that game.

Pretty rude answer IMO.

If you want to limit it to Pelini's QB Graveyard, I'm fine with that.

But, since such a Graveyard is the result of "Blackshirts" effort and not just a coach, I thought it MIGHT be appropriate to expand backwards.

You sir, can do whatever the F you want.

Pretty rude answer IMO.

But, since such a Graveyard is the result of "Blackshirts" effort and not just a coach, I thought it MIGHT be appropriate to expand backwards.

Sorry if I came off as rude. Wasn't trying to be. But, the thread is titled "Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard - 2011 Edition", after all.

Pretty rude answer IMO.

Sorry if I came off as rude. Wasn't trying to be. But, the thread is titled "Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard - 2011 Edition", after all.

Sorry if I took it the wrong way and over-reacted.

If it's a hard and fast rule that we have to stick to the thread title, then why the listings pre-2011?

I'm not pushing for it to be anything other than Bo Pelini's Graveyard, just thought it could be.

Thought it might be a little more intimidating for the visiting fans to see, that's all.