Patrick Witt

I looked over Rivals.com. He's pretty tall, 6'4, average speed, 4.75 seconds, and GPA, 4.7....... hmmmm..., I thought 4.0GPA maximum score :confucius . Misprint?

Listed pro-style quarterback.

Offered A&M, pass happy TTech, Wisconsin, Baylor and among others.

A lot of high schools offer weighted, college level classes where an A is a 5.0 so you can have a GPA higher than a 4.0 but a 4.7 is insane.

If only he didn't leave our program with so many question marks.

Meh. He was going to leave or ride the pine forever. His skill set isn't what Bo wants for his offense. There's no way Witt would be running the Option, or the zone read. He's about as mobile as a telephone pole, if I recall correctly.

I think Witt would have got his shot in 2009 after the Sack Lee mediocrity tour.

While it would be difficult if I were in that situation, personally I think he's crazy for choosing the game over the Rhodes scholarship interview. That game is just one day, a Rhodes scholarship will set you up for life. I guess having a Yale education has already set him up for life though.

I agree. I would have done the scholarship interview. Yale/Harvard can't possibly be more important than the rest of your life.

I'm surprised they couldn't work with him on this, though. You would think that there would be some way to reschedule.

While it would be difficult if I were in that situation, personally I think he's crazy for choosing the game over the Rhodes scholarship interview. That game is just one day, a Rhodes scholarship will set you up for life. I guess having a Yale education has already set him up for life though.

I agree. I would have done the scholarship interview. Yale/Harvard can't possibly be more important than the rest of your life.

I'm surprised they couldn't work with him on this, though. You would think that there would be some way to reschedule.

That's what I've been thinking the whole time. I'm not sure how long the interview is, but it's kinda crazy that they can't work with him on this. Did they do anything for the Florida State player a few years ago? I know he showed up to the game late that night.

They made some good points on the Dan Patrick Show this morning. The fact that he is at Yale means he's pretty much set for anything else that he would want to do job wise, and he should have opportunities to study elsewhere too. Apparently he has NFL scouts looking at him, so he has a possible paycheck there. And couldn't he just apply again anyway if that doesn't work out?

But I think there main point was that he made a commitment to his team and he would be letting them down by not showing up, and the Rhodes was a choice he made knowing he had that commitment already. Then they also said that if the Rhodes really does want these prestigious outstanding people the least they could do is try to work with him.

Apparently he has NFL scouts looking at him, so he has a possible paycheck there. And couldn't he just apply again anyway if that doesn't work out?

I have to admit, I was shocked to read this. Someone posted a link earlier showing he was currently rated the 10th-best QB in this year's draft. Really surprised by that. I figured he was decent, but nothing to get really excited about.