Penn State . . . Should We Worry More?

My gut instinct is that I'm not scared of Penn State. PSU has won ugly this year, compiling a 7-1 record. The one game that nobody talks about is their only loss, 27-11 to Bama. This team might not score a lot, but they might be a heck of a lot better than people realize. I see our game with them being one of those 17-9 affairs. I hope that we treat them like they are the #1 team in the country before we play them. If we subconsciously underestimate them, it could be trouble.

We should root for Penn State to keep winning and be ranked as high as possible.

Then we go into Happy Valley and mow them down in our most complete game of the year.

I think that's a pretty feasible scenario.

But I also think that makes the Iowa finale a trap game, like the old Colorado games.

And I'm not sure we get past Michigan, either. They're a lot more problematic than Penn State.

Should the team be worried about Penn State? Yeah, they should be worried about every game. If you go into a game expecting to win, you're gonna play flat.

Should we fans be worried about Penn State? No. Penn State's offense is the worst excuse for an offense I have seen since '09 Nebraska and their defense hasn't played any good offenses. I think this game is gonna be pretty lopsided in favor of us.

We should root for Penn State to keep winning and be ranked as high as possible.

Agreed.

I know that it's hard to gauge where a team is now by what they did earlier in the season...but their 10-14 win over Temple and the 10-7 win over Illinois is just pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. They couldn't even buy a quarterback at this point.

Their team over all vs. our overall team speed = bad news for the Nittany Lions.

I'm not convinced that our defense/offense has been fixed: The offense still relies on the big play... and if it's not there we struggle on short yardage. MSU played right into our hands (penalties, no running game, etc) and we lucked out. On defense we have not shown that we can stop a power running game.

PSU will run and run some more. Their passing game is pedestrian but still they have a good WR who can made plays. Their def. is very good - better than MSU & OSU. So this game will be slug fest.

If we destroy NW I'll sleep better.... if not..... I won't sleep at all. :)

I'm not convinced that our defense/offense has been fixed: The offense still relies on the big play... and if it's not there we struggle on short yardage. MSU played right into our hands (penalties, no running game, etc) and we lucked out. On defense we have not shown that we can stop a power running game.

PSU will run and run some more. Their passing game is pedestrian but still they have a good WR who can made plays. Their def. is very good - better than MSU & OSU. So this game will be slug fest.

If we destroy NW I'll sleep better.... if not..... I won't sleep at all. :)

Not a bad argument Austin....however, I believe the offense is playing better. We drove twice down the length of the field and put points on the board against Mich St. This is fair evidence that we can least drive down against an opponent...yet...at times, we can't push it in. The offense is evidently getting better IMO.