We'll Know We're Officially Back When . . .

We'll Know We're Officially Back When....
...you don't have to ask these kinds of questions anymore.

oooo... niiice. That pretty much says it all.. I agree

Same goes for ND, FSU, Miami, Michigan...

Wonder if they will be asking that in Gainesville over the next few years.. ??

When we routinely play for and Win conf championships and then go on to BCS games. It needs to be us and someone else coming out of the conf. every year. We need to be the defacto champs on paper every year ...... like TOSU used to be. We need to be in the Natl Champ mix every year even if we do not win it.

When we routinely play for and Win conf championships and then go on to BCS games. It needs to be us and someone else coming out of the conf. every year. We need to be the defacto champs on paper every year ...... like TOSU used to be. We need to be in the Natl Champ mix every year even if we do not win it.

Sounds good, but honestly I think it's unreasonable. We play in the same division as Michigan State, Iowa, and Michigan now. While I'd like to win the division every year, we didn't even win the Big 12 North Division every year, and Osborne wouldn't have either if he had kept coaching. KSU or Colorado still would have won a few times, and Missouri probably would have still gotten theirs...

We're just not always going to win the division. Some years, Michigan will put together a run. Sometimes, MSU will. Once in a while, Iowa or Northwestern might put together a run.

We should expect Nebraska to be in the race for the division title every year, and I think we should expect Nebraska to win it about once every two years, realistically... If we go two years without winning the division, that should be considered a disappointment, but we're not going to just dominate it every year.

Why do we continually live in the past? Yes we've done some great things and we shouldn't complain I mean look at all the programs in the nation that go under .500 in WAC or C-USA. If we can go 10-2 9-3 or heck even 8-4 year in and year out in the B1G I think we're doing good things the competition level in college football is higher than 20 years ago.

Why do we continually live in the past? Yes we've done some great things and we shouldn't complain I mean look at all the programs in the nation that go under .500 in WAC or C-USA. If we can go 10-2 9-3 or heck even 8-4 year in and year out in the B1G I think we're doing good things the competition level in college football is higher than 20 years ago.

i know, the whole idea of 'being back' does not really make sense to me. i would say that when we can compete with anyone and we do not lose the games we should not. if we would have had only one loss on the regular season this year, i would say we were doing pretty good. as it were, it could be a lot better, but we still really can not complain.

We'll know we are officially back when we regularly start blowing the Northwesterns of the world out. I don't like how Boise State plays a wimpy schedule, but, I"ll say this for them, they always destroy teams that they are supposed to beat. Once we start doing likewise then we'll be back (that, and if we start beating top 5 teams!).

We'll know we're back when we first & foremost stop losing to teams at home - ranked or unranked. Period!

Losing to unranked teams every year AT HOME is beyond anything I could have imagined when Bo was hired. I thought right off the bat we'd be back to at least "average" by NU standards. Going into year 4 and still losing to bad unranked teams at home is 1 of the main reasons I'm off the Bo bandwagon. I can't believe how easy the media is on Bo after a loss that pretty much kicks NU out of the BCS and into a 3rd rate bowl.

And as you can see, all the KA drinkers have hunkered down for the inevitable 4-loss era..... where every year will be compared to how it took TO 22 years to win an NC. It's basically a defeatest defense mechanism that kicks in when you know you're out of options. Well, IMO we're NOT out of options: Lose to another unranked team or no BCS in 2012 and Bo should be gone. NU can do better.

We'll know we are officially back when we regularly start blowing the Northwesterns of the world out. I don't like how Boise State plays a wimpy schedule, but, I"ll say this for them, they always destroy teams that they are supposed to beat. Once we start doing likewise then we'll be back (that, and if we start beating top 5 teams!).

We'll know we're back when we first & foremost stop losing to teams at home - ranked or unranked. Period!

Losing to unranked teams every year AT HOME is beyond anything I could have imagined when Bo was hired. I thought right off the bat we'd be back to at least "average" by NU standards. Going into year 4 and still losing to bad unranked teams at home is 1 of the main reasons I'm off the Bo bandwagon. I can't believe how easy the media is on Bo after a loss that pretty much kicks NU out of the BCS and into a 3rd rate bowl.

And as you can see, all the KA drinkers have hunkered down for the inevitable 4-loss era..... where every year will be compared to how it took TO 22 years to win an NC. It's basically a defeatest defense mechanism that kicks in when you know you're out of options. Well, IMO we're NOT out of options: Lose to another unranked team or no BCS in 2012 and Bo should be gone. NU can do better.

You do realize what happened when we fired a coach who was actually winning football games, do you? At least Bo beats top 10 teams, unlike Clownahan. Some people just need to get some perspective

When the HuskerPedia refugee's return to their home??

Now that's funny but let me caution you: If we all left this BBS would be back to boring...... A lot of HP'ers are not KA drinkers.....we're realists and see things for what they are. :)

Have you made the DB Hall of Fame thread in the Woodshed yet? I haven't checked lately - but I'll nominate you here since I'm too lazy to 3 click my way over there.