Sad day for the B1G and Penn State, AD, Ex-football coach and more arrest warrants!!!

Paterno won't get fired, and definitely not in the middle of the season, for this. If they haven't fired him already they're not going to do it because this article came out. PSU has known about this investigation since at least March, 2011.

EDIT - looks like this investigation has been going on for about two years.

LINK

Paterno won't get fired unless something ugly is revealed during the trial. I don't even want to think of what could be revealed during the trial.

If the public demands it they will most defiantly fire any and all with knowledge. Just look at the fan-base in Nebraska and how they react over athletics notwithstanding a real crime. Not even the liberal media can cover up this disgusting mess!

Do you really have to make a terrible story like this into a political situation?

Paterno won't get fired, and definitely not in the middle of the season, for this. If they haven't fired him already they're not going to do it because this article came out. PSU has known about this investigation since at least March, 2011.

LINK

Paterno won't get fired unless something ugly is revealed during the trial. I don't even want to think of what could be revealed during the trial.

If the public demands it they will most defiantly fire any and all with knowledge. Just look at the fan-base in Nebraska and how they react over athletics notwithstanding a real crime. Not even the liberal media can cover up this disgusting mess!

Do you really have to make a terrible story like this into a political situation?

TRUTH IS TRUTH, and you are the only one turning it into that, sir.

LINK

Come on man. This is about an athletic director, not political stances. There's no "truth" there, just political conjecture.

LINK

BTW where I live not a whole lot of coverage on this story. In my humble opinion this warrants coverage regardless of anyone's journalistic bias's. If this were to happen to any college in the Midwest I think it would get non-stop coverage.IMHO

LINK

Come on man. This is about an athletic director, not political stances. There's no "truth" there, just political conjecture.

There is! All one has to do is be objective with no dog in the fight and look at both sides reporting to come to an educated informed opinion. Also, if that's the case then I don't want to hear any crap about ESPN, OWH, FSSW, or any other media outlet being biased against the Huskers. Because in your world there is no "truth" to it.

I saw some woman from the organization Sandusky worked for in an interview and she said based on what she knows about him and her impression of him, she doesn't believe a word of it and won't believe it unless he admits to it himself. Of course I don't know the truth, but the evidence and charges are pretty damning. I don't think there can be any question when there is this much third party eye witness information in the charges. It is a pretty unfortunate fact that the people who are really successful child molestors are usually the "last person" you'd suspect.

LINK

BTW where I live not a whole lot of coverage on this story. In my humble opinion this warrants coverage regardless of anyone's journalistic bias's. If this were to happen to any college in the Midwest I think it would get non-stop coverage.IMHO

Well, I agree with you to an extent. I'm not sure how this isn't the front-page story on ESPN, SI, etc.

LINK

and BTW its about a COACH who did it, and an AD and staff who did not report it. So you already got your facts screwed up.

LINK

And asshats are asshats. So your position is liberals actively aid and abet child molesters? Thanks for being the calm voice of reason. :ahhhhhhhh

This is absolutely horrifying and should be condemned universally, but I do think we as Nebraska fans should avoid taking swipes or cheap shots at PSU about this. We have our own skeletons that still haunt us. Particularly the Christian Peter situation as it relates to this. That was handled shamefully, and TO admitted as such years later.

This is absolutely horrifying and should be condemned universally, but I do think we as Nebraska fans should avoid taking swipes or cheap shots at PSU about this. We have our own skeletons that still haunt us. Particularly the Christian Peter situation as it relates to this. That was handled shamefully, and TO admitted as such years later.

Okay, sure...there are things that have been done by people at Nebraska that we are not proud of. But puh-leeeze! You can in no way compare what Chistian Peter was accused of to this. This is the worst thing I can think of. Not even Barnett at Colorado suggesting it was okay to rape their kicker because she wasn't a good kicker, is not as bad as this. If you have not already done so, go read the Grand Jury release that spells out the actual facts of the charges against Sandusky. It is sickening and discusting, and the worst thing I have ever heard associated with sports...(even including OJ cutting off two people's heads).

Okay, sure...there are things that have been done by people at Nebraska that we are not proud of. But puh-leeeze! You can in no way compare what Chistian Peter was accused of to this. This is the worst thing I can think of. Not even Barnett at Colorado suggesting it was okay to rape their kicker because she wasn't a good kicker, is not as bad as this. If you have not already done so, go read the Grand Jury release that spells out the actual facts of the charges against Sandusky. It is sickening and discusting, and the worst thing I have ever heard associated with sports...(even including OJ cutting off two people's heads).

I'm talking about the way it was handled by the coaches and the school. Nothing was done when it was brought to the coaching staff's attention. The accused crimes might not be comparable to you - although rape is pretty damn serious the last time I checked - but there is similarity in the way the issue was not addressed when it came to light.

The point being, lets try to not discuss this issue seated atop a high horse.

WoW!!! How did this become political? I don't really believe there is any liberal media trying to "cover up this mess". Liberals may not be real smart, but I don't think they support child molestation (except the pervs in NMBLA and that A-hole in Obama's department of education)

All I was trying to say is since Friday I haven't heard zilch on any college sports broadcast. I haven't watched NFL today but I don't know. But, if this happened at Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, or even Nebraska it would be NON-STOP media coverage. I think this does warrant maxium coverage because the heinousness of the crime. I mean for crying out loud HE GOT OUT ON $100,000 BAIL??!!!WTF That stuff wouldn't of flied even if it happened at UT, TAMU, or Baylor for that matter. He would have been held without bond, pending hearing, and it sure as hell wouldn't have been $100,000 bond. A million at the least.