Sad day for the B1G and Penn State, AD, Ex-football coach and more arrest warrants!!!

...You know, I used to get sick of hearing about how great Paterno is and how "You can't make a better choice than to send your son to play for Penn State". We would always hear about how clean the program is, etc., etc. Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't think of anything worse than what was going on at Penn State. I know a lot of colleges have had players-taking-gifts scandals, and players-using-steroids scandals, and even players-involved-in-criminal-behavior scandals...but anal rape of a 10 year old boy in the showers by the Defensive coordinator??? Wow. I really don't know how anything could be worse than this.

California Husker is correct. Penn St deserves the death penalty for this.

I mean this whole thing is just chilling. A graduate assistant sees that happening, and he only thinks to tell JoePa and not the police? And JoePa only thinks to tell the University police and a University President?

f#*k Penn State, that is the worst thing that could ever happen to a child and it happens under Joe Pa's watch. There is no punishment harsh enough for the people involved in this crime. Not only that freak Sandusky, but the people that covered it up.

California Husker is correct. Penn St deserves the death penalty for this.

I mean this whole thing is just chilling. A graduate assistant sees that happening, and he only thinks to tell JoePa and not the police? And JoePa only thinks to tell the University police and a University President?

...to add to an excellent point by NUpolo8... I don't know what Pennsylvania law is, but in California, if you work for the state, you are a mandatory reporter. I am a teacher and if I suspect child abuse I have to file a report to the police. I can't just report to my department chair or the school principal and figure "Well, I did my part". I MUST REPORT TO THE POLICE! And I have only 48 hours to do it or I am guilty of a crime. I am assuming Pennsylvania must have similar mandatory reporting laws. Allowing this to go unpunnished, and allowing Sandusky coninued use of the facilities (which gives him credibility in the eyes of parents) is criminal...and sorry to say this, but it is criminal from the top down including Jo Pa.

At least Paterno tried to do the right thing by telling someone higher up.

uhh, the "higher up" he should have told was the local police department. C'mon, a 60 year old man has a 10 year old boy bent over in the shower having anal sex with him and Jo Pa reports it to his boss? That stinks of "how do we spin this" type behavior. Protecting that little boy, NOT the university, should have been the ONLY thing on anyone's mind. Period.

So many things are wrong with this. I don't understand the approach these people took, both the GA and Paterno. If I saw this kind of thing, I'd immediately call the police...not my dad, not my boss, not my wife. I don't care who it was, my boss, a family member, my best friend...at that point it doesn't matter. Just so sick.

Actually scratch that, my immediate compulsion would be to beat the living sh#t out of the guy then call the cops but still. What the hell where these people thinking...

• Fire 2