Sad day for the B1G and Penn State, AD, Ex-football coach and more arrest warrants!!!

Wow. Horrifying.

Yeah, if you read my response to NUpolo8 above, in California if you don't report something like this to the police YOU are in violation of state law. I, as a state employee (public school teacher) am a mandatory reporter...and the report has to be made within 48 hours of finding out about the incident. Bad enough the Grad Assistant didn't do anything to stop it, as soon as he told Jo Pa, HE should have called the police. And to think, from Jo Pa on up to the AD and the Senior Vice President, all they did was ban Sandusky from bringing kids to Penn State campus??? Are you freaking kidding me???

According to the AP article on this, the law is the same in Pennsylvania. It goes on to say:

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- An explosive sex abuse scandal and allegations of a cover-up rocked Happy Valley after former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, once considered Joe Paterno's heir apparent, was charged with sexually assaulting eight boys over 15 years. Among the allegations was that a graduate assistant saw Sandusky assault a boy in the shower at the team's practice center in 2002.

Sandusky retired in 1999 but continued to use the school's facilities for his work with The Second Mile, a foundation he established to help at-risk kids, where authorities say he encountered the boys. The case took on added dimension Saturday when perjury charges were announced against Tim Curley, Penn State's athletic director, and Gary Schultz, vice president for finance and business. They were also accused of failing to alert police and other agencies - as required by state law - of their investigation of the allegations.

"This is a case about a sexual predator who used his position within the university and community to repeatedly prey on young boys," state Attorney General Linda Kelly said Saturday in a statement.

Paterno, who last week became the coach with the most wins in Division I football history, wasn't charged, and the grand jury report didn't appear to implicate him in wrongdoing.

"Joe Paterno was a witness who cooperated and testified before the grand jury," said Nils Frederiksen, a spokesman for the state attorney general's office. "He's not a suspect."

LINK

When you read a report like this the entire concept of sport or football becomes meaningless. If the facts of the case are that a member of the Penn State staff forced a child to preform a sex act, and someone who knew or should have known did not immediately do everything in their power to see the predator brought to the authorities, they should burn in hell. Their athletic department and football program can burn with them.

If something like this broke about Bo or one of the members of our staff...I can't even imagine. If it turned out that there was the slightest effort to cover up or delay further investigation, I would rather see Nebraska football end than see that kind of disgusting crime go unpunished.

I second this!!!

Paterno won't get fired, and definitely not in the middle of the season, for this. If they haven't fired him already they're not going to do it because this article came out. PSU has known about this investigation since at least March, 2011.

EDIT - looks like this investigation has been going on for about two years.

LINK

Not to justify this in any way, as it is completely sick and I would like to be first in line to watch Sandusky burn in hell, but WTF is a 10-year-old doing alone in a university athletic locker room with a coach at 9:30pm?! Where the hell are these f'ing parents at?!? It would make a little sense if Sandusky was an uncle or grandfather, but since it happened to eight boys, I'm seriously doubting any of them were family.

It's a foregone conclusion what a monster this sick-ass non-human worm is...but if I'm a parent of a 10-year old, I'm damn well going to know that he's NOT roaming around a college campus by himself late (by 10-yr old standards) on a Friday night.

JoePa loses a lot of respect in my book.

+1!!!For some reason I confused Michigan with Penn on the schedule this week. Joe Pa might make it to the game after all. After seeing him last week and the promotion of breaking the record and ensuing media frenzy. All the while this investigation was going on. His image is tarnished now, so is there athletics program if they don't fire the AD and others that covered this up.

Not to justify this in any way, as it is completely sick and I would like to be first in line to watch Sandusky burn in hell, but WTF is a 10-year-old doing alone in a university athletic locker room with a coach at 9:30pm?! Where the hell are these f'ing parents at?!? It would make a little sense if Sandusky was an uncle or grandfather, but since it happened to eight boys, I'm seriously doubting any of them were family.

It's a foregone conclusion what a monster this sick-ass non-human worm is...but if I'm a parent of a 10-year old, I'm damn well going to know that he's NOT roaming around a college campus by himself late (by 10-yr old standards) on a Friday night.

He was preying on kids who came from broken homes who probably were single parents. They were also from his own foundation. Which means his non-profit was disguised as a child molestation call service, which makes this all the more heinous. The other guys arrested looked like predators and I wouldn't be surprised if more than one person besides Sandusky was involved with all this.

Paterno won't get fired, and definitely not in the middle of the season, for this. If they haven't fired him already they're not going to do it because this article came out. PSU has known about this investigation since at least March, 2011.

LINK

LINK

This guy is so sick minded and evil he had the audacity when committing these acts to authorize his book to be called "Touched"? He is not going to be able to go out in public if he doesn't commits suicide first.

Would these individuals somehow face some kind of legal repercussions? I think they should, they basically enabled this guy

Yeah, if you read my response to NUpolo8 above, in California if you don't report something like this to the police YOU are in violation of state law. I, as a state employee (public school teacher) am a mandatory reporter...and the report has to be made within 48 hours of finding out about the incident. Bad enough the Grad Assistant didn't do anything to stop it, as soon as he told Jo Pa, HE should have called the police. And to think, from Jo Pa on up to the AD and the Senior Vice President, all they did was ban Sandusky from bringing kids to Penn State campus??? Are you freaking kidding me???

My wife teaches out here and she said the same thing.

And a quickmgoogle search says Pennsylvania has the same law as CA does about reporting. Enjoy jail guys.

LINK

Paterno won't get fired unless something ugly is revealed during the trial. I don't even want to think of what could be revealed during the trial.

I'm sure most of you already have a good idea about this, but after working in prisons for 7 years...Chimos are the scum of the inmate population. Gang members hate child molesters. Arsonists hate child molesters. Bank robbers hate child molesters. This slime will be bullied, beaten, humiliated, extorted for all his money and possessions, until he checks in to protective custody, which I'm sure this weasel will do. Hopefully he lives the rest of his life in fear, pain, and shame, and his family and friends completely abandons him. And even all of that isn't enough.

LINK

Paterno won't get fired unless something ugly is revealed during the trial. I don't even want to think of what could be revealed during the trial.

If the public demands it they will most defiantly fire any and all with knowledge. Just look at the fan-base in Nebraska and how they react over athletics notwithstanding a real crime. Not even the liberal media can cover up this disgusting mess!