Sad day for the B1G and Penn State, AD, Ex-football coach and more arrest warrants!!!

That's the worst part woody, imho.

It's the players...the fans...the innocent supporters of Penn State that now have to watch their beloved university get torn down by national media and anybody with a voice and means of expressing that voice. I'm not saying some choice people don't deserve it, because they absolutely most-certainly do. This situation is horrible. But the people who just love Penn State or play for Penn State are also victims in this, just not to the same extent.

I can't believe that we are even discussing in this context. The only thing that matters is the victims of Sandusky. Penn State basically told him in 2002 that it's okay if you rape kids as long as it's not on the "main" campus. Who really gives a sh#t that their fans are embarrassed?

I think you should consider looking at the situation more broadly.

In no way, shape, or form do I think fans, players, and innocent members associated with the university matter even close to as much as the Sandusky's victims. But, I still feel bad for those people or players who have given their all to Penn State and now have to have this thrown in their face. Are you saying you wouldn't feel sorry for Nebraska players if this happened to us? If you wouldn't that's fine. I, however, do feel sorry for them.

• Fire 1

Paterno has culpability because Pennsylvania has an automatic-reporter law. Once he was informed something like this happened, he is bound by state law to report it to the police. He was, allegedly, informed by the Grad Asst, and did not go to the police.

Not sure what the statute of limitations on this is, but I don't think Paterno is being prosecuted for anything. But he certainly didn't do everything in his power to protect these children. That's where he's (justifiably, in my opinion) taking flak.

Didn't this happen after Sandusky was no longer part of the staff though? If that's the case, and Paterno did report it to his higher ups, then he did the right thing. Remember hearsay is inadmissible in court, so Paterno calling the police saying someone told him something happened, isn't exactly going to work.

This is probably the biggest sports story since OJ. No hyperbole.

somewhat glad that this deflects from the garbage(that was self inflicted) at my school but listening to the fans and the students of PSU depresses me.

I can't stand their fanbase. CAN'T STAND THEM. But I am behind their fans and alumni 100% on this. They were deceived and lied to. No fanbase deserves this. Hope they can pull through this embarrassment.

I am the same way. I live here so that might be the reason i hate the fanbase so bad but right now i feel bad.

its crazy over here and today is joes press conf, the press were told he won't talk about it but one writer says he and many more will not stop asking the questions.

I think this gets a lot worse for Paterno and here is why/ In 1998, there was a documented incident of Sandusky in the shower with a boy. His mother called the police. Two detectives listened in on a conversation between the mother and Sandusky. Sandusky admitted what he had done--not quite rape, but it would certainly be labled as "sexual deviant behavior" for anyone, let alone a coach. It was investigated and was later dropped. Now, are you telling me that JoePa KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THIS INCIDENT? He has to have known and I am betting that is why Sandusky "retired" in 1999. This would be the first question I would ask JoePa today---what did you know about the 1998 incident.---Now, Sandusky was taking little boys on bowl trips with the team, having them sleeping with him in his room--they were on the official roster--and JoePa was not concerned about this. This is the key issue, because JoePa's defense is that when the GA came to him in 2002--he did not get the graphic details of the rape and so he really did not know the gravity of the situation--but he still had the 1998 incident in his mind--and I am betting there were other things that happened. You hear about a second incident---and you go with the full court press to the authorities

I think this gets a lot worse for Paterno and here is why/ In 1998, there was a documented incident of Sandusky in the shower with a boy. His mother called the police. Two detectives listened in on a conversation between the mother and Sandusky. Sandusky admitted what he had done--not quite rape, but it would certainly be labled as "sexual deviant behavior" for anyone, let alone a coach. It was investigated and was later dropped. Now, are you telling me that JoePa KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THIS INCIDENT? He has to have known and I am betting that is why Sandusky "retired" in 1999. This would be the first question I would ask JoePa today---what did you know about the 1998 incident.---Now, Sandusky was taking little boys on bowl trips with the team, having them sleeping with him in his room--they were on the official roster--and JoePa was not concerned about this. This is the key issue, because JoePa's defense is that when the GA came to him in 2002--he did not get the graphic details of the rape and so he really did not know the gravity of the situation--but he still had the 1998 incident in his mind--and I am betting there were other things that happened. You hear about a second incident---and you go with the full court press to the authorities

+1

Does anyone else have a feeling that this is a weekend most people would not want to be at Penn State and play a football game due to the circumstances there? Talk of the child abuse issue is far overshadowing the actual game. It would be difficult for their players to focus I'm sure and possibly it could filter down to our players. This is a very uncomfortable situation to be in for fans of both teams. My prayers go out to the kids.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-08/penn-state-officials-taking-fall-for-paterno-donor-katz-says.html

"Lewis Katz, who donated $15 million to Penn State University and whose name appears on a campus law building, said the school officials who stepped down after a former football assistant was charged with sexually assaulting children are “taking a fall” for the football program, including coach Joe Paterno."

This isn't going to fly, heads will role. Legacy is not going to matter in all this.