Bo Should go.

Didn't Tom loose like 7 bowl games strait in the 80s and with QB Tommie Frazier drop the 92 ISU game? I mean come on, some of you need to get realistic, sometimes Nebraska loses... even games it shouldn't.

Now if you want to take another spin on the coaching wheel for someone who will come to a place that will fire a coach who is a proven winner, consistently getting 9 wins a year, who has built a pretty good culture around his program and will see it pay off eventually with consistency... Well fine, but when whoever is the AD after Osborne is signing some ex-nfl reject for a multiyear high money deal titled "Callahan 2, revenge of the idiots without any perspective over-reacting". I'll laugh, to keep from crying, and stop watching football. Till that day though I'll be thankful that some of you have no actual say in such a decision.

As has been said before you play GOOD teams in bowl games. Plus Tommie Frazier was only a FRESHMAN in his fourth start in that Iowa State loss.

I'm not calling for the Pelini's heads yet but they better ramp up the coaching learning curve. "The process" is too slow and needs work.

Oh. My. God. One loss, against a team that has played many other teams extremely close this year, and we're saying we need to re-evaluate our coaches again.

I think some of you need to re-evaluate yourselves. Every single team in the country loses a game it shouldn't one year or the next. Osborne did it, Meyer did it, Spurrier did it, Bowden did it, Paterno did it, Stoops did it and I could keep going all day. I'm not saying Pelini is near the caliber of those coaches yet but you really need to get your mind right if you think these kinds of things don't happen to even the best of coaches. It's just embarrassing coming on here and seeing the type of comments I'm reading. Carl needs to go...Raymond needs to go...whatever.

I'm nowhere near as disappointed in this loss as I have been in others in the past. It was too little to late for us, but we can still have a successful season if we rally the troops.

Please, for the love of everything Husker football, just shut the hell up about this kind of stuff. It makes you look pathetic and I don't care if you disagree with me. There's absolutely nothing you can say that will change my opinion on this - it's pathetic to be calling for these kinds of things when there's absolutely no substantial reason to do it. Everybody was on the bandwagon last week. It's funny how one bad week really separates the true Husker fans from the fair weather ones.

AMEN!!!!

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSB

I can't stand this lockstep loyalty crap some of you seem to think means fanhood. Fanhood doesn't mean you put on blinders and can't criticize. BO LOSES TO TERRIBLE TEAMS. EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

If that's acceptable to you, then I think it's you who isn't the real fan.

So we lose to a pretty dang good football team that the fans and the entire team disrespected in terms of preparation, and now because some/most of us do not believe a knee jerk reaction WE ARE NOT THE REAL FANS? Sober up

Hey, I got an idea... let's compare this with Tom Osborne's first four years.

1972 (4)- 9/2/1, lost to UCLA(15) and Oklahoma(2), tied with Iowa State(Unranked)

1973 (7)- 9/2/1, lost to Missouri(17) and Oklahoma(3), tied with Oklahoma State (Unranked)

1974 (9)- 9/3, lost to Wisconsin(Unranked), Missouri (Unranked), and Oklahome(1)

1975 (9)- 10/2, lost to Oklahoma(1) and Arizona State(7)

Next year Tom Osborne would lose to an unranked Iowa State.

And Tom took over the program after Bob Devaney won back to back national titles.

But no... let's just all pretend that Bo Pelini's the only coach that loses to teams he shouldn't.

There was a time when Les Miles was basically thought of as the worst coach in the history of sports by most LSU fans. Now he's got the #1 team in the country playing in the game of the season.

Umm, go ask some LSU fans, there are many who still think he is the worst coach in history.

Bo is setting a trend of losing to losing teams. That is bad.

He shouldn't and won't be fired.

However, these bad losses at home need to stop. There is NO excuse for these flat home performances. I suppose it is the fans fault (sarcasm).

3 tough games ahead. Should be entertaining.

(oh, and Urban Meyer? Seriously? NU would have to pay $10 mill to get Urban to even give them a glance).

Urban is not interested in coaching- he had a job, remember?

I don't think Pelini should be fired, but there is one really scary aspect of this.

In year four, Pelini's defensive talent is so completely depleted that his team has been blown out in one primetime matchup and then went and lost to a team whose most recent victory came against Indiana--a team which still scored 38 points--after losing five straight. Northwester's squad didn't even feature their star quarterback who was knocked out of the game at half.

Year four. How does a defensive guru who's been heavily recruiting the defense whiff on so many prospects that Lance Thorell is our best option in the secondary? How does the line, which was bleeding even with our All American DT, fall to pieces against a team like Northwestern? How does the entire defense just implode one year, going from championship contention level to laughable? How does it happen? Can anyone explain this?

• Fire 1

Don't count out Colter, that guy is going to be a baller and make forgetting Persa very easy. This was not his first action of the year, either. Northwestern has been a feisty team all year and IIRC Colter led them to another upset earlier in the year.

The bigger question is how our offense struggled to put up points on that D. If I heard right there were two sure scoring chances that were fumbled away, so it could have been something of a fluke, making some other poor decisions look a lot worse.

I don't think Pelini should be fired, but there is one really scary aspect of this.

In year four, Pelini's defensive talent is so completely depleted that his team has been blown out in one primetime matchup and then went and lost to a team whose most recent victory came against Indiana--a team which still scored 38 points--after losing five straight. Northwester's squad didn't even feature their star quarterback who was knocked out of the game at half.

Year four. How does a defensive guru who's been heavily recruiting the defense whiff on so many prospects that Lance Thorell is our best option in the secondary? How does the line, which was bleeding even with our All American DT, fall to pieces against a team like Northwestern? How does the entire defense just implode one year, going from championship contention level to laughable? How does it happen? Can anyone explain this?

yes, the talent is not amoung the elite teams by any measure. I think this is why the special teams are underperforming. There is no spillover talent

I was going to agree with this... But then I realized the first line wasnt "..for it on fourth down and less than three yards on their side of the 50."

Trying to be reasonable, we lost for several reasons:

-two costly turnovers deep in NW territory

-three ridiculously bad drops past the first down marker (2 by bell, one by kinnie)

-this was the worst reffed game all year (clangs evans pass interference against the ball in the end zone gives NW a touchdown)

-Bo leaving his nuts on the field in '08 when Jimmy smith took a fake field goal to the house... As in unbelievably conservative since then and certainly left points on the field today

-terrible use of time outs, time management, halftime adjustments.

How much of that is on BO and how much is on the execution of the players? About 50/50. Bo shouldn't go, but we were due for one like this in our rebuilding year. Look at who we have next year, that will be our best chance. And if we return 17 starters on a 12-2, 11-3 team... Look out.

If that was a case of TL,DR for some of you, long story short is that the sky is not falling. Calm down, regroup, finish the season. We'll be fine.

Totally agree and i would add.

Northwestern beats teams they "Shouldnt " beat all the time, then loses to duds. Very up and down team

way too much inexperience in our secondary. blown coverages everywhere

really bad run blocking

Bo's fault?

Don't count out Colter, that guy is going to be a baller and make forgetting Persa very easy. This was not his first action of the year, either. Northwestern has been a feisty team all year and IIRC Colter led them to another upset earlier in the year.

The bigger question is how our offense struggled to put up points on that D. If I heard right there were two sure scoring chances that were fumbled away, so it could have been something of a fluke, making some other poor decisions look a lot worse.

Bell dropped a couple of nice gainers in the first half, too. Receivers dropping catchable balls ages me.

[edit] Siemian looked pretty comfortable coming out in the second half. NW has enviable depth at QB.

It was a team loss. The offense couldn't get the running game going all day, and fumbled at least 6 (probably 14) points away in the first half.

However, the offense also kept us in the game. They brought us back to a 21-18 score with 9 minutes, and Northwestern marched 66 yards with 13 run plays to put the game away. That is entirely on the defense. They've gotta make a play and get off the field, but they didn't. They were consistently beat on first down, getting dominated at the line of scrimmage, and on 3rd/4th down they were unable to make the plays they needed to make in order to win.

Because our Oline that smacked Michigan St & Ohio St around around got totally stuffed by......NW.

Bizarro world.

3 years in a row he's lost to a team with a losing record. One time? I can forgive. Twice? Maybe. But 3 times?

Bo talks about winning Championships. Championship teams don't lose to teams with losing records.

I am sick of this happening. Bo's teams come out like this at least twice a year. Shouldn't happen.

But it continues. Bo ain't getting it done. 8-9 wins a year is great, but losing to bad teams isn't.

And it's happened every year.

Agreed 100%. His teams constantly play down to their competition as well. I'm fed up.

True.

A loaded sentence filled with wisdom.