Bo Should go.

I'm not calling for any coaches heads or anything like that, just an observation.

And I didn't read all the posts so if this has been said elswhere I aplologize.

Sometimes I really wonder if Bo is better suited to be a DC. The little things, discipline, fundamentals, clock management, etc that often times are the difference between championship teams and those that are close, are very poor with our Huskers. Those are things that are head coach responsibilites or a reflection of the HC. And they really don't seem to improve in those areas on a game to game or season to season basis. So far, it's a recurring theme. I don't know the answer, but I do know it's getting frustrating.

This is just an administrative idea for the mods. Maybe we should have an official designated place to archive these meltdown threads. Every loss it's the same story but with different leading players. Today it's Bo has to go. Wiscy it was Taylor has to go. Its really kind of comical. The biggest mistake this program ever made was firing a coach who had just completed a good winning season. That one boneheaded destructive move doomed us to mediocrity to about this point in time. Signs abound that we are improving but we still have much progress to make. It is totally un f'n believable some of you are calling for Bo's head. Anyway, I just think for posterities sake there should be a special place for these "special" bits of wisdom.

Are the Huskers back yet? Hell no their not back to pre- Callahan form. That ought to be your first frikken clue why this program can not have another asinine coaching change at this point. Some of you calling for his job have not the slightest idea about jack. You can drink beer and watch the games and you think it's easy and you think you're some kind of expert. Pathetic.

This is how we got in this position in the first place. With people that called for Solich to be fired! Heck I can remember when Osborne was getting run out of town but luckily he wasn't. This will be a long road to get back to being dominant again. I think Pelini is a great Defensive mind but not necessarily a head coach, Yet. He will get there but it will be a while. I do feel your frustration and do not think you are a bad fan because you expect excellence. I also get miffed when the team I love plays like a bunch of girl scouts but they will get better.

Frank deserved to be fired. But he should have been given one more year to complete his failure. That 2004 team was pathetic. Then everyone would have been behind his firing and then hopefully we could have had a better organized coaching search to replace him.

Does everyone here actually believe that Solich was fired solely because of the team's performance? He was fired because of off the field 'activities.' Pedey had no choice but to fire him. Hence the disorganized coaching search, etc. Solich left some good talent behind on defense and I would argue that other than Dennard and David, the defensive players that Callahan inherited were much more talented than what we have today, particularly on the defensive line. Our defensive line talent is currently embarrassing. I had to laugh today when the uninformed announcer called Meredith the next "superstar" on the defensive line.

Back to topic, I tend to agree that Bo is not going to be the guy to take us to consistent contenders for BCS bowl games. What bothers me is the team's lack of discipline. Penalties, missed assignments, dropped balls, lack of intensity, poor tackling... You name it. It's becoming the calling card of Pelini's teams. Playing great one week then completely laying an egg the next. It just seems to me that in about 4 or 5 games per year our team comes out completely flat. The coaching today also stunk. The clock management stunk. The 2 gap scheme we run blows and we don't have the personnel to make it work. Sure they looked great against Michigan State last week, but lets face it, Sparty had a hard time running the ball on Minnesota today. Conversely, look at how disruptive Northwestern's Dline was today. How many negative plays did we have? They were running similar plays with their mobile QB and they worked great against our soft D. I'm willing to give Pelini 1 or 2 more years, but this sh#t is seriously getting old. I used to look forward to our offense getting off the field so I could watch the Blackshirts knock the piss out of the opposing team. Now I just have to hope that the other team will make a mistake to kill their drive.

Unfortunately as others have stated we wouldn't be able to get a proven big name coach in here even if we did get rid of Bo. Maybe Bill Snyder would come up here? (just kidding)

Simply put Bo Pelini is the not the answer to Nebraska winning championships, period end of story. Bo was at LSU for a National Title he knows what kind of players it takes, and the effort going into to getting those players and he simply doesn't care. Nebraska and Bo isn't the fit everyone was hoping it to be, you can pump all the sunshine into Bo's "Process" that you want, but at the end of the day he hired a group of "yes men" that can't get the job done on a consistent basis to get this program to where it needs to be, apparently a lot of people on here have become o.k. with being an annual 9-3, 10-2 team year after year, afterall Osborne did it for years right? Well in those season he won big games, won conference titles, and played in BCS bowls, TO knew what it took to be a winner from recruiting to the field, Bo doesn't get it and he's too stuborn to change which makes me wonder if he ever will, recruiting the elite athletes that teams like Oklahoma, Alabama and LSU bring in everyone year is what it takes and Bo doesn't have the patience or willing to go after those players and become elite, I for one feel that Bo Pelini is not the answer for the Huskers, and also maybe there's a guy watching over the program that may also be realizing that as well. Hint: I mentioned him in this post...

I'd really like our identity be centered around our defense and Bo still fits that. Tonight you saw LSU and Alabama's defense are on a whole other level. How many times could LSU just put one of their athletic DB's up near the line and get into the backfield? And the Alabama LB's were freakishly good. We had some of this recently with guys like Suh, Gomes, Prince, Hagg, Dennard, and David. On the broadcast they mentioned something like Les Miles defensive philosophy at LSU is to get lock down corners and then just all speed on the D-Line...this is what we should do! We have one CB and no speed on our D-Line! We are really thin on defense which to me had been the most disappointing thing this season because you could see that when our defense was working we could play with anyone and it was just going to take some players on offense. Now with TMart and Burkhead maturing and the offense getting better, it is really too bad our defense can't shut down a team like NW and we should win this game 25 -10 instead of losing it 25-28.

And Nebraska will now proceed to win out for the rest of this year and most of these guys will never be heard from until we lose the CCG [which may not happen]. Very large group of fair weather fans here. It's seriously just sickening and pathetic.

Sorry we have offended you, Superfan.

You know, a lot of "these guys" are here on a regular basis, are very ardent fans, and obviously do know something about the game. Just because they question does not make them "fair weather". I think this storyline is getting as much play in several different threads as the game itself.

While I do not agree with firing Pelini. Pelini had his team flat today and needs a kick in the pants. He needs to learn from his mistakes and do a much better job. Period. If I dont make my sales quota I may not get fired but I can tell you that I will have to answer questions as to why I was not a success for the month. Bo and his staff need to kick things in gear like recruiting, demanding discipline, getting his guys in the friggin weight room, etc..