Rex played TIRED.

QMany

Where are all the geniuses who were chewing out people over the week for saying Rex needed to sit more in the Mich. State game? By all means, take a bow boys. You're obviously right. No fan could possibly ever know more than a coach. Even when it's so blatantly obvious that after the first series Rex was limping and wincing on the sidelines. The kid was spent, yet there Brown is throwing him out there. I'm sure Rex is a warrior and wants to be out there, but it's not his decision. He looked physically incapable today and the staff could have gotten him seriously hurt.

He isn't Superman. He just looks a lot like him sometimes. Believe it or not he's flesh and blood, and they asked more than should be asked of him today.

I was fine with working Burkhead against Michigan State. That was the #2 defense in the country. We needed him to rest today, but we played him at less than 100% anyways.

What message does this send to the 3 guys sitting behind him on the depth chart? Talk about a confidence buster.

I was questioned earlier in the season when I disagreed with the decision to not redshirt at least one of the freshman trio. The coaches made their decision and now they are completely mismanaging the backfield.

Was a burned redshirt really worth a carry here and a carry there (most often in garbage time)?

Where are all the geniuses who were chewing out people over the week for saying Rex needed to sit more in the Mich. State game? By all means, take a bow boys. You're obviously right. No fan could possibly ever know more than a coach. Even when it's so blatantly obvious that after the first series Rex was limping and wincing on the sidelines. The kid was spent, yet there Brown is throwing him out there. I'm sure Rex is a warrior and wants to be out there, but it's not his decision. He looked physically incapable today and the staff could have gotten him seriously hurt.

He isn't Superman. He just looks a lot like him sometimes. Believe it or not he's flesh and blood, and they asked more than should be asked of him today.

I was fine with working Burkhead against Michigan State. That was the #2 defense in the country. We needed him to rest today, but we played him at 100% anyways.

This. There were a lot of things that I thought could have been tried against a so so defense, like playing the young bucks.

that is absolutely our fault and again a lack of good coaching..everyone in the stadium and on tv could see Rex was laboring..we have three guys behind him that are good..we never gave him a spell. That's on the coaches, not the line, not Rex not anyone else but the coaches. One of the worst coaching displays i've seen since the Cal days

:yeah

Rex is clutch but we can't ride him every week like we have been doing. It is obvious it has caught up with him and he has been limping around. He obviously gets keyed on every game and so it does not surprise me he is wearing down taking all the hits he has. It is poor coaching when the fact is we have not gotten some of these other backs in the game and have not prepared them to get more touches. Where are the formations where Rex can be a decoy? How simple is this? This is lack of preparation and development from our coaching and it should be upsetting to a lot of fans.

• Fire 1

Well we saw today that Rex is no superman, no matter how many praises you give him. But my gosh, how much workload can you put on the shoulders of one guy. His fumble didn't cost us the game, points yes, but if our defense played half the intensity they did last week then the game would have been decided around half time. Total team effore for this loss!

I agree. The whole point of getting those 3 freshman RBs going this year is so that when Rex is beat up, they can step in and take over.

Are they not ready? What is the deal with playing Rex at less than 100% when you've got those guys ready to go?

This might be my biggest criticism of Bo. Not team discipline or gameplanning or player development or anything... I don't understand why we play guys who are hurt when we have fresh legs behind them.

Think about this. After last year, we had no returning RB's, but Rex with experience. The others transferred, were switched positions or did not pan out. Same with WR and same with QB. Year 4, under Bo and Co, we have shown a complete inability to develop quality depth and talent. From not playing backups in blow outs or playing injured starters over healthy backups.

What message does this send to the 3 guys sitting behind him on the depth chart? Talk about a confidence buster.

I was questioned earlier in the season when I disagreed with the decision to not redshirt at least one of the freshman trio. The coaches made their decision and now they are completely mismanaging the backfield.

Was a burned redshirt really worth a carry here and a carry there (most often in garbage time)?

Hard time staying knowing that you are not playing. Can't understand why the past few games the triplets haven't seen playing time even as a "change of pace back". IMHO, it also hurts recruiting. Come to NU and ride the pine until the guy graduates.........Need to show recruits that they can come and actually get meaningful playing time. Again to JT, really, the leading receiver doesn't play for 2 games.

I agree. The whole point of getting those 3 freshman RBs going this year is so that when Rex is beat up, they can step in and take over.

Are they not ready? What is the deal with playing Rex at less than 100% when you've got those guys ready to go?

This might be my biggest criticism of Bo. Not team discipline or gameplanning or player development or anything... I don't understand why we play guys who are hurt when we have fresh legs behind them.

Think about this. After last year, we had no returning RB's, but Rex with experience. The others transferred, were switched positions or did not pan out. Same with WR and same with QB. Year 4, under Bo and Co, we have shown a complete inability to develop quality depth and talent. From not playing backups in blow outs or playing injured starters over healthy backups.

No, I don't think it's player development, at least at the RB spot. We've got three good true freshmen RBs - I think it's a willingness to play injured players when we have other options. I tended to support the staff last year between Martinez and Green while Taylor was injured, mostly because against A&M and UW, Green didn't show that he was capable of doing any better than an injured Martinez.

Now today, the backups didn't even get a chance to prove themselves while Burkhead was injured and ineffective. Abdullah had one carry for 0 yards. That was it for the freshmen 3. Maybe the coaches know something that I don't, but I'd like to see us actually have some confidence in our reserves.

Hard time staying knowing that you are not playing. Can't understand why the past few games the triplets haven't seen playing time even as a "change of pace back". IMHO, it also hurts recruiting. Come to NU and ride the pine until the guy graduates.........Need to show recruits that they can come and actually get meaningful playing time. Again to JT, really, the leading receiver doesn't play for 2 games.

According to the coaches, that had more to do with his practice habits than anything else.

I'm curious to know how many coaches pull their starters because they got banged up some playing football the week before.

For that matter, I wonder how many starters would say 'yes, I want to sit' when asked.

don't leave it up to the player then.

he hurt his ankle last week.

his FIRST carry today, he hobbled around.

there was a hole he missed on his fumble, if he cuts it back half a yd---a fresh Rex sees that and makes it. he was hurt and wasn't thinking about making cuts.

we have 3 studs behind him...combined: 1 carry today ONE

even if Rex was fresh, get some other guys the damn ball.

Running back is one position where we are flush with talented backup players.

I believe one of our problems was we used our fullback too much in the early going. Secret NCAA rules say a team can use a fullback for only 100 plays per season, and he can actually rush the ball just 10 times in one season. We are bumping up against that now, which is why we couldn't put a fullback on the field for an ailing I back to run behind.

I just hope we have enough fullback time left to get Legate on the field in case we get to a bowl game or the championship... :unsure: