Texas fans ripping on B1G and Nebraska.

I'm on Shaggybevo quite a bit. The impression a year ago was that we were obsessed with losing to Texas. That may have been the case, I don't know. To me it doesn't seem like most Nebraska fans give a crap about Texas anymore. Interestingly enough, it seems now that the Texas fans are the ones obsessed with Nebraska.

How the tables (appear) to have turned.

prince.gif

we were the catalyst of change. Side note- they did have one of the funniest threads I have ever read. It was something about some stupid new statutes added to the campus around the football complex. It was hilarious and lengthy.

Here is he deal. That can all stay where it is. First rule of football is to be able to spell football. When you guys meet them in a bowl, and you will someday, you will be so much more prepared, from playing so many different O's and D's, we as a confence expect you to take them out back and put a beating on them like no one ever has before. Thats how we roll up north. When it comes bowl time, you have the support of millions of other fans.

I have been banned from Shaggybevo for life. I called the Longhorn network the "Texas Unicorn network", since everybody talks about it and nobody has actually seen it. That, and I said the Longhorns and Aggies were a pair of Siamese twins joined at the head, and neither would survive the operation to separate them...oh, and I said I rooted for the Mexicans when I watch the movie "Remember the Alamo"...and some other stuff too, I guess. A thin skinned bunch for all of their swaggering and sneering, once you get down in the trenches with them. :rolleyes:

Texas is defined by who they hate. The closer one is to Texas, the more they hate them. They hate us because we used to be in the same conference. They hate Oklahoma worse because they still are in the same conferrence. They hate Texas A&M worse yet because they are the two teams most like each other psychologically, and the number one team they hate the most is....(drum roll)...TEXAS!!

They hate Will Muschamp for daring to leave, they hate Mack Brown for not leaving to give the team to Will Muschamp, they hate their old offensive coordinator, their new offensive coordinator, they hate their defensive back Blake Gideon, their old quarterback Gilbert, both of his replacements in McCoy and Ash, and any team or teams contemplating either leaving or joining the Big 12. They hate the Pac 12, Big 10, and especially the SEC, the NCAA, and the Texas State Legislature.

The shorthorns don't like anybody or anything, they are defined by who they hate and the reasons they give.

I have been banned from Shaggybevo for life. I called the Longhorn network the "Texas Unicorn network", since everybody talks about it and nobody has actually seen it. That, and I said the Longhorns and Aggies were a pair of Siamese twins joined at the head, and neither would survive the operation to separate them...oh, and I said I rooted for the Mexicans when I watch the movie "Remember the Alamo"...and some other stuff too, I guess. A thin skinned bunch for all of their swaggering and sneering, once you get down in the trenches with them. :rolleyes:

Texas is defined by who they hate. The closer one is to Texas, the more they hate them. They hate us because we used to be in the same conference. They hate Oklahoma worse because they still are in the same conferrence. They hate Texas A&M worse yet because they are the two teams most like each other psychologically, and the number one team they hate the most is....(drum roll)...TEXAS!!

They hate Will Muschamp for daring to leave, they hate Mack Brown for not leaving to give the team to Will Muschamp, they hate their old offensive coordinator, their new offensive coordinator, they hate their defensive back Blake Gideon, their old quarterback Gilbert, both of his replacements in McCoy and Ash, and any team or teams contemplating either leaving or joining the Big 12. They hate the Pac 12, Big 10, and especially the SEC, the NCAA, and the Texas State Legislature.

The shorthorns don't like anybody or anything, they are defined by who they hate and the reasons they give.

I have no doubt in what you are saying. Maybe some other B10 teams fans can chime in here, but we dont do things like that here. We try and whoop heck out of each other every week, let the chips fall where they may and support who ever comes out on top. Well maybe not OSU, they some cocky a holes there. :).

Texas is the girlfriend that was bat sh#t crazy, that you broke up with, and went about your business. Texas (aka, bat sh#t girlfriend) continues going on about how horrible you were, and so on, and so on...

Everyond in the big 12 continues to blame us (and oddly, not Colorado) for all the calamity that us leaving the crap 12.

Texas is the girlfriend that was bat sh#t crazy, that you broke up with, and went about your business. Texas (aka, bat sh#t girlfriend) continues going on about how horrible you were, and so on, and so on...

Everyond in the big 12 continues to blame us (and oddly, not Colorado) for all the calamity that us leaving the crap 12.

Yep, the Big XII was obviously a giant wobbly jenga tower with a big fat ugly masonry brick sitting on top (UT). CU was the first block to go and then the whole tower fell down under the weight of Texas. Nebraska was just the best looking block.

Yep, the Big XII was obviously a giant wobbly jenga tower with a big fat ugly masonry brick sitting on top (UT). CU was the first block to go and then the whole tower fell down under the wait of Texas. Nebraska was just the best looking brick.

to be fair, how flattering would it be if we were the actual cause of the destruction of the big 12. we could ruin something texas could not save. that would imply a great amount of power and influence.

Yep, the Big XII was obviously a giant wobbly jenga tower with a big fat ugly masonry brick sitting on top (UT). CU was the first block to go and then the whole tower fell down under the wait of Texas. Nebraska was just the best looking brick.

to be fair, how flattering would it be if we were the actual cause of the destruction of the big 12. we could ruin something texas could not save. that would imply a great amount of power and influence.

Well if that's how you want to spin it that's fine but for both you and CU to leave within one day of each other and then A&M and Mizzou to bail just a little more than a year later it really seems as if the fat guy just farted and everybody's rushing out of the room. Nice job UT.

They're was clearly a great deal of tension floating in the conference prior to the contraction, you all would know this better than me.

I'll admit to reading shaggybevo for the entertainment value when I'm bored. Their fans are awful, some sort of weird mix between mega-troll, annoying brat, and people that do know something about football. It's comical that they still go out of their way to bash NU, and will be bashing Aggy and Mizzou for years, when their own program with the most money and top recruit classes year after year is playing second fiddle to OU. I honestly think that's what drives them insane and why they feel the need to rage everyone else. Well, that and refusing to believe that LHN is on the road to failure, because obviously following a model like the BTN, that actually has GAMES and enough content to justify carriage is stupid if it means they don't get all the money.