Tear down Memorial Stadium

Excel

Seriously, north stadium expansion project was totally screwed up. Who is in charge for designer anyway? Use double decker instead of single because much closer to the action. I know, way too late. Right now, I assumed North stadium offered a free oxygen tank and powerful binoculars (recommend). And South stadium future project?..... just use North stadium clone......again double decker.

Second idea (me). Remove all four video screens because this screens was totally hidden frm traditional pillars. I like the pillars. Remedy: Substitute new video screen on the south stadium; exactly the same dimension as North stadium screen.

Third idea. Is it too late to redesign east stadium? I noticed east expansion plan......very similar to Gaylord Stadium (OU), in particular, 3rd deck ON TOP of luxury boxes. Way way to high ! Trust me. Again, need oxygen tanks and powerful binoculars! Best solution: just simply lowered field level about 10 to 15 feet thus added thousands of seats on the lower level. You ever seen "Big House"? Most submerged with respect to ground level.

Fourth idea. Install natural grass including pipe heating and tricked out drainage. I think is the same design as Haymarket field.

I know, I'm crazy :backtotopic

I've been reading a lot of the threads on here and my friends in Husker land, I've been thinking about your present predicament and it is clear to me that there is only one solution. Now you guys have thrown out a lot of good ideas and I think you should do them all.....stop the walk-ons, fire Bo, Bench Taylor, burn the D's Blackshirts etc...those are all great..just great...but I think you've missed one. You all should demolish Memorial Stadium. I ask you my conference brothers...

Where did a #9 Husker team lose to a unranked Northwestern team? Memorial...

Where did you lose to Iowa State to Southern Miss in the past years? Memorial...

Where did Coach Callahan spend so many of his Saturdays in Lincoln? Memorial..

Where has Martinez thrown 5 of his 8 interceptions this year? Memorial

Where have you guys lost 5 fumbles this year? Memorial

I think its quite clear what must be done. Just my two cents...hope it helps.

Well if the young people would just be as classy and respectful as the old people, none of this would have happened.

I've been reading a lot of the threads on here and my friends in Husker land, I've been thinking about your present predicament and it is clear to me that there is only one solution. Now you guys have thrown out a lot of good ideas and I think you should do them all.....stop the walk-ons, fire Bo, Bench Taylor, burn the D's Blackshirts etc...those are all great..just great...but I think you've missed one. You all should demolish Memorial Stadium. I ask you my conference brothers...

Where did you lose to Iowa State to Southern Miss in the past years? Memorial...

Absolutely brilliant! That would fix the program once and for all. Also, until Memorial Stadium is torn down, any player who fumbles should be instantly cut from the team. Two off sides penalties should also result in an immediate cut. Further, any coach who loses a game should be fired immediately after the game, and TO should step in as coach for the rest of the season.

Yeah...that's the ticket...

You brighten my day, Badgerfan.

Very Funny ........... Some folks who take 30 minutes to get to their seats may agree.

Now this is most sensible thing that has come out on this board for a long time.

Good laugh...!!!

I'll go a little further, since Memorial Stadium is located in Lincoln, lets rename the city to...hmm, anyone have any dead presidents on mind...?? I say name it after.....Martin Van Buren. That's my choice....Buren, Nebraska. We should start winning games any second now! :)

:) I attribute it ALL to the fact that Callahan left his curse on Memorial Stadium. I am in total agreement there...and believe the only thing to do is tear it down, rebuild it even bigger and better, say...120,000 seats, just to prove that we are not going to let anyone take our spirit away. I also say we rename it to Tom Osborne Field.

I'll go a little further, since Memorial Stadium is located in Lincoln, lets rename the city to...hmm, anyone have any dead presidents on mind...?? I say name it after.....Martin Van Buren. That's my choice....Buren, Nebraska. We should start winning games any second now! :)

I think we should name it after Senator Ben Nelson, creator of the Cornhusker Kickback, the greatest attempt of theivery in Nebraska state history - if we are going to name it after a politician. I am sure Ben would get all the building materials allocated by congress free of charge to Nebraskans, and paid by the rest of the country. And to show our appreciation, he could show up on the Saturday before election day and hand out ballots that are already marked with a check next to his name...even though I am sure he would much rather just have the check.

Excuse me for digressing... :P

You know I commented on your calling a post of mine DUMB , and later said I may have been a little heavy handed. However after reading this , I take it back. Everything I said about your trolling was correct , and this is even worse. I wont call you any names , no I wont go there ; however I will repeat one thing. I guess the good folks of Wisconsin dont have their own website because evidently you hang around here all the time ? Guess the folks in cheeseland dont want you in their place either ?

Memorial stadium will always be much more than you in cheeseland WILL EVER BE , as I dont remember your own stadium having a national championship posted on its walls , or even close to the storied traditions and games played in Lincoln. You cant even compete stadium wise for tradition.

From what I saw when we were beat in cheeseland earlier this year , was drunk , classless fans that counted the score out with pushups to rub it in , sang tired old songs that everyone else has forgotten about , and jumped around to a rap song twenty years gone past that most folks cringe at when they hear it ... but ITS WHAT YOU CHEESEHEADS DO ... I also saw on a now defunct board some Ohio state fans saying pretty much the same thing about the folks in Wisconsin and how they treat opposing fans. Tear down our stadium ?

Nice try , you are a legend in your own mind. Just curious , how many National championships do you have engraved on your stadium walls ?

Our present predicament ? Seems to me you have the best team you have ever fielded and yet you still lost games this year ? You are a joke here , if you love your team so much , why not hang around there ? Oh thats right , your own people want nothing to do with you either.

And to the Husker fans on this post that were AGREEING WITH CHEESEHEAD , WOW , I guess you cant figure out the tradition and excellence , not to mention the history of your own stadium ? Pathetic ...Evidently FAIR WEATHER FANS ?

You know I commented on your calling a post of mine DUMB , and later said I may have been a little heavy handed. However after reading this , I take it back. Everything I said about your trolling was correct , and this is even worse. I wont call you any names , like JERK , no I wont go there ; however I will repeat one thing , I guess the good folks of Wisconsin dont have their own website , because evidently you hang around here all the time ? Guess the folks in cjheeseland dont want you in their place either

Memorial stadium will always be much more than you in cheeseland WILL EVER BE , as I dont remember your own stadium having a national championship posted on its walls , or even close to the storied traditions and game played in Lincoln. You cant even compete stadium wise for tradition. Nice try , you are a legend in your own mind.

:facepalm:

• Fire 2

You know I commented on your calling a post of mine DUMB , and later said I may have been a little heavy handed. However after reading this , I take it back. Everything I said about your trolling was correct , and this is even worse. I wont call you any names , no I wont go there ; however I will repeat one thing. I guess the good folks of Wisconsin dont have their own website because evidently you hang around here all the time ? Guess the folks in cheeseland dont want you in their place either ?

Memorial stadium will always be much more than you in cheeseland WILL EVER BE , as I dont remember your own stadium having a national championship posted on its walls , or even close to the storied traditions and games played in Lincoln. You cant even compete stadium wise for tradition.

From what I saw when we were beat in cheeseland earlier this year , was drunk , classless fans that counted the score out with pushups to rub it in , sang tired old songs that everyone else has forgotten about , and jumped around to a rap song twenty years gone past that most folks cringe at when they hear it ... but ITS WHAT YOU CHEESEHEADS DO ... I also saw on a now defunct board some Ohio state fans saying pretty much the same thing about the folks in Wisconsin and how they treat opposing fans. Tear down our stadium ?

Nice try , you are a legend in your own mind. Just curious , how many National championships do you have engraved on your stadium walls ? Our present predicament ? Seems to me you have the best team you have ever fielded and yet you still lost games this year ? You are a joke here , if you love your team so much , why not hang around there ? Oh thats right , your own people want nothing to do with you either.

And to the Husker fans on this post that were AGREEING WITH CHEESEHEAD , WOW , I guess you cant figure out the tradition and excellence , not to mention the history of your own stadium ? Pathetic ...Evidently FAIR WEATHER FANS ?

I'm sorry sir, it seems you've edited your post since I last read it, maybe its a little more coherent and rational no---...oh wait...still :facepalm:

• Fire 1

Nice try , you are a legend in your own mind. Just curious , how many National championships do you have engraved on your stadium walls ? Our present predicament ? Seems to me you have the best team you have ever fielded and yet you still lost games this year ? You are a joke here , if you love your team so much , why not hang around there ? Oh thats right , your own people want nothing to do with you either.

Dude...are you serious? I hope not because you sound pretty silly. Pretty sure Badgerfan was joking. Pretty funny joke, too. And I can laugh at the sarcasm and irony of it all without that making me a fair weather fan.