Today's Presser 11/7/11

knapplc

Knapp,

I do not agree on this. Bo is not on as solid ground as some think. He has problems on the booster side, with his actions and arrogance. He was once the golden boy, but a lot of the glow has went away. He needs to curb his abrasive attitude, become more civil to those that are only doing their job. He is not Saben so he can not get away with it.

He has been counciled regarding his outbursts, by Tom and Pearlman. You can see him making efforts on his camera presence.

I truly hope he turns into a good coach, at this time he is not and not even close. You have to have your team ready to play every game as if it is their last, he has not had that ability since he got here.

I hear things, and not all is as warm and fuzzy as it once was.

He needs all the friends he can get. I am not saying he is any where near losing his job, but I am saying he is on a shorter leash than most would think.

Knapp,

I do not agree on this. Bo is not on as solid ground as some think. He has problems on the booster side, with his actions and arrogance. He was once the golden boy, but a lot of the glow has went away. He needs to curb his abrasive attitude, become more civil to those that are only doing their job. He is not Saben so he can not get away with it.

He has been counciled regarding his outbursts, by Tom and Pearlman. You can see him making efforts on his camera presence.

I truly hope he turns into a good coach, at this time he is not and not even close. You have to have your team ready to play every game as if it is their last, he has not had that ability since he got here.

I hear things, and not all is as warm and fuzzy as it once was.

He needs all the friends he can get. I am not saying he is any where near losing his job, but I am saying he is on a shorter leash than most would think.

I don't disagree with any of that. But that's not what you said I read what from what you wrote earlier (so if that's not what you meant, nevermind! ;) ). What I replied to is the notion that Bo has to be nice to the press. The press has no say in anything regarding Bo's job.

But Bo is not on any shorter leash than Tom was, or Solich, or.... well, I can't remember any other coaches in the past 20-ish years. But all of them have had expectations to meet, just like Bo. Bo's temper is not going to get him fired unless there's a Woody Hayes incident.

And the boosters are not going to run Bo out of here. When the boosters make the program fire a coach who's had the success Bo has had then you don't ever, ever, ever get good coaches again.

EDIT - Made a change to my first sentence

You know everyone is blaming the coach for not having the player's focused last week, what about team leadership? Where are the seniors stepping up at practice and holding people accountable if what Cotton says is true and practice was dead last week. Why aren't players stepping up at the film sessions and telling the team they can't overlook NW. Maybe they are, I don't know, but you can't keep blaming the coach when he tells his team they can't overlook an opponent. Pelini said he preached it at practice last week and I believe him. There is only so much he can do people.

• Fire 1

The press is what stirs the fire. The louder the press, more smoke and more questions about the smoke.

All I am saying is he does not have to kiss anyones bottom, but he needs to conduct him self in a civil controlled manor.

And that is never more obvious than when he is front of the microphone to tv monitor.

I am impressed he is making a greater effort.

You know everyone is blaming the coach for not having the player's focused last week, what about team leadership? Where are the seniors stepping up at practice and holding people accountable if what Cotton says is true and practice was dead last week. Why aren't players stepping up at the film sessions and telling the team they can't overlook NW. Maybe they are, I don't know, but you can't keep blaming the coach when he tells his team they can't overlook an opponent. Pelini said he preached it at practice last week and I believe him. There is only so much he can do people.

Ya, there are plenty of places to point fingers.

+1'd. I was going to say just about the same thing.

Instead of not playing guys who don't practice well, how about sitting guys who don't play well.

If a guys "misses" a scheme or technique in a game, that is a practice issue and comes down to coaching. This "it is just one game" mentality has also got to go. It is contagious. Uh, we lost screw it. There is always next week. It seems that this team is lacking on the killer mentality department as well. Bo needs to keep them driven and focused for every game. Keep their eye on the prize. Every game needs to be circled in red.

It don't take a genius to figure out the reason that they use Burkhead so much is because if they didn't, the other team would only have to key on Martinez, and he would be maimed or dead. The O-line sucks...and it is only the talent of Burkhead, and the legs of Martinez that makes it go anywhere. That will not change until they have an O-line that can actually open up some holes for someone, and protect a QB who is passing, even if he has the worst mechanics of any QB that Nebraska has ever had...at least if he had a little time, he might be able to do something...

As far as the press goes, I don't really care how they treat Bo, or how he treats them....just win, Baby!