Is Bo making progress towards a national championship?

As most know I am not the largest Bo fan.

I think he is doing an adequate job in most respects. I think we have been hit hard this year with the injury bug and it has its affect on us.

At this time I do not feel he is making real progress. I am afraid we are falling way behind in the recruiting war, and I do not see it picking up. He gets kids that others pass over, very seldom getting the pick of the litter so to speak, the show dog winner.

We are way behind this fall in recruiting, only 8 signed and none are at the top of their position ratings. Where as Ohio State, and Wisconsin, who should find recruiting even tougher than Nebraska are way ahead, close to as many 4 star recruits as we have signed totally.

This worries me. We claim to have talent on the field or in the wings, we sure better, or this venture into the BIG is going to be worse than the Big 12 fiasco.

I do not want Bo gone, but I want a better job out of him in all facets. I think he has a lot of work to do. I want real qualified coaches on our staff, again I think we have a ways to go there

I will say he is getting better in handling of the media, and for Bo that is a big step.

I do not think we have a lot of time in the new conference to be a power, it is and was expected of us instantly. I do not see us as a power in the BIG at this time. Wisconsin did away with that thought. If we do not win quickly and on a real over whelmingly fasion our recruiting will dry up in Texas I think.

Recruiting is the major war we need to fight, and I honestly do not think he places enough importance on it.

This question gets beat to death. TO was basically handed a team that had become accustomed to winning a NC when Devaney retired. How did his first four years go? Bo was handed a team that just accomplished what no Nebraska team had accomplished since the early 60's. If you want to join the likes of Notre Dumb with their coaching carousel, so be it. Personally, I don't. How many people thought it would take TO two decades to win a NC when he took over? I don't know that we need to give Bo two decades, but he needs at least one.

Aha. Bo needs 10 years to come close to (or win) a championship. I'm guessing by your response it's a B1GC that you're talking about....

Wow.

At $3million/year?

You do know that every time people like you bring up TO and Bo it's apples to oranges, right? If I need to explain what I mean by that I'm wasting my time really.

Yes, not a single school outside of the SEC has won a title in the past 5 years with only 1 of those games being less than a 2 posession game, Mack Brown got the the NCG in his 8th year at Texas and his 19th year at a BCS level school. Les Miles took 7 years between OSU and LSU, then immediately went 8-5 and 9-4 the two years after he won the title, he is now got a team with his players to that level.

Nebraska was very down, if you fire Bo for 10 win seasons you get another Bill Callahan to replace him, a good coach will NOT come to Nebraska under those expectations.

Alright AustinHuskr: I want you to consider some things.

We are Nebraska. We may recruit in Texas, but we are no where near the recruiting hot bed of a school like Texas, Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc... Those school have flat out better talent than Nebraska and no amount of good coaching can make up for a talent disparity. Considering the fact that we are Nebraska and we are pulling out 10 win seasons a year means that Bo and Co. are doing something right. We have seen what a terrible coach can do with great talent...remember that.

Only one team can win a national championship a year. Not even Alabama, Texas, LSU, Oregon, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Boise State, Oklahoma can win a national title every year. Hell, some of them probably won't win one for 8 years. Doesn't speak to a lack of talent, nor does it speak to a lack of coaching ability. It just speaks to the difficulty of putting together an undefeated season. Everything must fire right at the right time. Everything firing right at the right time is an extremely difficult thing to do. Not even some of the great coaches could do it within four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, or even ten years.

You have to have the talent, you have to have the coaching, and you have to have the experience. We have the coaching, we are close to having the talent, and we don't have enough experience on the defensive end. We're competitive and we're working our way towards a national title. It could happen, and it could happen within a couple of years.

This question gets beat to death. TO was basically handed a team that had become accustomed to winning a NC when Devaney retired. How did his first four years go? Bo was handed a team that just accomplished what no Nebraska team had accomplished since the early 60's. If you want to join the likes of Notre Dumb with their coaching carousel, so be it. Personally, I don't. How many people thought it would take TO two decades to win a NC when he took over? I don't know that we need to give Bo two decades, but he needs at least one.

Aha. Bo needs 10 years to come close to (or win) a championship. I'm guessing by your response it's a B1GC that you're talking about....

Wow.

At $3million/year?

You do know that every time people like you bring up TO and Bo it's apples to oranges, right? If I need to explain what I mean by that I'm wasting my time really.

Why is it apples to oranges? I guess we could just pay Bo $2million a year and expect the same results Kansas is getting. If you think you can't compare Bo to TO because of different eras, then compare Bo to Mack Brown. How long did it take Mack Brown to win a NC? Compare their first four years.