More Ridiculousness on the O-Line

Dillard was a problem for Pelini the first day. That goes back to his recruiting of him to Nebraska, and then recruiting him to Oklahoma when he was hired there. There was a great deal of tension then and questions of NCAA infractions. I actually expected Dillard to transfer as soon as Bo was named head coach. They were not close by any means. It does say volumes that Bo gave him a chance and Phil stepped up to the bar. It was a bad situation for Dillard to say the least.

Again..... I haven't seen the link to this "[Yoshi] didn't even watch game film that week".

I find that to be grounds for Yoshi's dismissal. If not, then Bo is not the person I think he is.... and all his tough talk is just empty noise.

I'll go for the latter.

Its hard to talk the talk, when you aren't allowed to walk the walk. Bo had his fiery approach doused after the T.AM game. His demeanor and his teams attitude seems to have changed since. Like I have said before, no fire on either side of the ball, no high fives, no helmet slaps, no throw the bones demonstrations, nothing. Take the reins off Bo a little ,and let him coach, the way he was hired to do. JMO

GBR!!!

I have said this numerous times. teams often take on the personalities of their coach. Bo has become some PC poster child. It is as if they gave his personality a lobotomy. The team, IMHO, really seems to play with less passion and intensity than previous years. As you noted, no bones, helmet slaps, high fives etc.....

The weakest link here is still Barney Cotton, and his inability to develop and energize these linmen. These kids have no idea what the "Pipeline" even is, except for those on other teams who used our philosophies of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's to build them. How can forty years of history go unnoticed ?

I think Cotton is long over due to move on....but some of todays problem also has to do with changes in society. A guy like Jim Scott from the early 90's was raised with a different set of work ethics than say a Yoshi. Parents give kids more than they used to without earning it. People in general expect things to be given to them rather than have to work for it. Look at the 99%.

Don't you mean the 1%? ;)

On a non-political note (as this forum was intended), these current teams don't exhibit the hard edge like the Husker teams that I remember over my lifetime. Granted, I remember letdown games in the past, but I don't remember anything like this virtual emotional roller coaster that the current teams seem to routinely ride these days. I think that there are a number of factors that cause and compound the issue (entitlement, recruiting wrong type of player, desire, motivation, coaching, etc). As a result, the fix is not so simple and clear cut. I'm glad that it isn't my problem.

"We just beat ourselves," he said. "It was a little bit of everything. Not being focused. Lack of energy. Lack of effort. Everything."

When we read quotes like that then we have serious coaching problems. If coaches cannot convey the need to play hard to their players and allow their players to be this unrealistic and arrogant (from players and from a team that has done NOTHING --- absolutely NOTHING to warrant over-confidence) then... wow.

Folks we have a team that cannot get motivated to play with intensity and focus... pretty much week after week (with rare exceptions). Lets hope this week coming up is an exception.

Yeah the foundation of the Osborne teams was there is always someone behind you ready to take your place. I say let the lesser athletes start playing and make some points to some of these players.