Should the Huskers boycott the game?

No we should not boycott the game and give PSU the benefit of a forfeit. We had nothing to do with this situation. If anything, PSU should forfeit. If there are security concerns then PSU shall take the appropriate measures to secure the facility.

This...why boycott it? They have the issue, not us.

If there is a threat to the safety of the team or the safety of traveling Husker fans then this game should be forfeited by Penn State. I think there is legitimate concern for us going up there. There is some highly emotional people surrounding that program right now. I mean emotional in both directions. Some highly supportive of the University and others who want to see that place torn to the ground and rebuilt. Both of those groups can probably have some radical reactions to their opposition on Saturday. I just hope no Nebraska players or fans are caught up in the release of these Penn State fans emotions. This whole thing could get very ugly fast. With 105,000 in attendance, we would have nowhere to go. We would not be able to get out of there fast enough. I might be concerned for no reason but I am truly concerned right now for the safety of this team and our fans. I think if Paterno was removed from his position immediately it would certainly make this situation a bit less scary.

My opinion is no boycott. If nothing else we should encourage our fans to go and support the fans and PSU team that is there. Don't you think in the midst of this horrific situation that they might long for a bit of normalcy? We can bring that to them if we show up ready to play. Maybe just for a few short hours they can have a respite from the ugliness that is tearing their university apart.

• Fire 2

Why on earth would we make this our problem?

When it comes to children being abused like this and the giant cover up that followed I would say Penn State made this everyone's problem. They could have handled this properly when it was immediately founded. Instead they have have in a lot of ways tarnished the sport of college football, which a majority of this country loves and respects. They have also tarnished the trust that comes with parents intrusting their children to a highly respected man in a position of a coach or mentor. The fact that we play them this Saturday, with our team and fans traveling to a place that is surrounded by negative publicity, negative fans, and reporters from every corner of the country, I'd say makes us directly involved. Just because you won't be up there Saturday, or you don't seem interested in what happened, doesn't mean this disgusting act by the major figures of this University isn't a problem the world of college football fans wouldn't concern themselves with. Some of us give a f#*k about what this guy did, and how he spit on the sport.

OMG...so let's put this in the other shoe situation. A certain NU caoch does the EXACT same retarded thing as this a-hole does. It's news all over the country. The head coach and AD and everybody else up the nobody knows chain buries it. We have a game here this weekend, and fans, press, congress, blah blah is here. So we involve the other team and their fans? Doesn't matter! How would IT????

Why on earth would we make this our problem?

When it comes to children being abused like this and the giant cover up that followed I would say Penn State made this everyone's problem. They could have handled this properly when it was immediately founded. Instead they have have in a lot of ways tarnished the sport of college football, which a majority of this country loves and respects. They have also tarnished the trust that comes with parents intrusting their children to a highly respected man in a position of a coach or mentor. The fact that we play them this Saturday, with our team and fans traveling to a place that is surrounded by negative publicity, negative fans, and reporters from every corner of the country, I'd say makes us directly involved. Just because you won't be up there Saturday, or you don't seem interested in what happened, doesn't mean this disgusting act by the major figures of this University isn't a problem the world of college football fans wouldn't concern themselves with. Some of us give a f#*k about what this guy did, and how he spit on the sport.

i think you're thoughts are way over the top here.....this is a Penn State transgression and it is theirs and theirs alone to deal with. guilt by association (we have a game with them) is highly over rated........relax.