Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

Just a shot in the dark, but I'm going to guess that one part of their punishment consists of a large percentage of football revenue to be donated to victims. So if said punishment is 5 years, then victims fund will be 5 years worth of football revenue. This would be separate from the $$ PSU will have to dole out via Civil suits.

Again, just speculating here.

I'm thinking it won't be....but it absolutely should be.

This is floating around as what the penalties will be...

Bowl ban until 2015

No scholarships for 2013

Current roster allowed to transfer without penalty

Clearing House to facilitate all transfers

Transferring players will not count against scholarship numbers of acquiring teams

Reduction off scholarships by 8 for 5 years beginning 2014

Beginning of 2014 option to field team in Division 1AA or secondary sub division

Records going back to 1998 will be vacated

Financial

this would be unprecedented

No way...but that would be amazing. But to be honest, NOTHING should be off the table with what goes down.

If all that happened it would make sense to give them that option, they couldnt compete in the big 10 after all that

That's probably true. But why give them that option? Heard that the players are now even closer, the recruits are even more committed...if they stay at the school they know what they're subjected to, why give them the option to move down a level and win a championship over FBS schools that are doing things the right way?

I think it just for compeitions sake, if that happened i dont see how they could stay in the big 10.

They would still have the facilities to give them an advantage over the bottom fourth of the conference. Whatever the penalties are, at the end of their implementation they're still going to have great facilities.

Bowl ban until 2015

No scholarships for 2013

Transferring players will not count against scholarship numbers of acquiring teams

Beginning of 2014 option to field team in Division 1AA or secondary sub division

Financial fines from 30 60 million

Now that looks like the much rumored "worse than death" penalty...and it'd be appropriate too.

I think it just for compeitions sake, if that happened i dont see how they could stay in the big 10.

They would still have the facilities to give them an advantage over the bottom fourth of the conference. Whatever the penalties are, at the end of their implementation they're still going to have great facilities.

Saddam still had plenty of Palaces when he was found hiding in the spider-hole.........

with a bunch of walk ons. What are they going to do? IF those penalties are true they will essentially be out of the Big 10. Whos going to want to go there? They would be irrelevant for the next 20 years. Worse then Indiana

Bowl ban until 2015

No scholarships for 2013

Now that looks like the much rumored "worse than death" penalty...and it'd be appropriate too.

kinda what i thought, looks pretty legit

with a bunch of walk ons. What are they going to do? IF those penalties are true they will essentially be out of the Big 10. Whos going to want to go there?

I'm talking about after they're past the sanctions. Why does their being terrible for some years mean they can't stay in the Big 10? Why don't we kick out Minnesota and Indiana for the same reason?

with a bunch of walk ons. What are they going to do? IF those penalties are true they will essentially be out of the Big 10. Whos going to want to go there? They would be irrelevant for the next 20 years. Worse then Indiana

Well...considering their 2013 recruiting class currently is 3rd in the B1G and 14th in the nation according to Rivals.com...With one dirty program still above them and 9 clean programs below them...plenty? :dunno

Well...considering their 2013 recruiting class currently is 3rd in the B1G and 14th in the nation according to Rivals.com...With one dirty program still above them and 9 clean programs below them...plenty? :dunno

Thats before the sanctions, did you see the list of penalties i posted? If that happens, no 2013 class. 8 less scholly per year. No bowls. Be hard to recover from that for a long time. They will come back eventually maybe 10 years.

Bowl ban until 2015

No scholarships for 2013

kinda what i thought, looks pretty legit

Yep, I'd like some thoughts on the bit about them fielding a lower level team though. What would that mean? Is it like a JV college team like Navy fields? It'd be weird seeing that, I mean obviously they wouldn't be Big Ten, and those penalties don't bar them from fielding a FBS team, they just make it difficult so what would be the deal with this second team?