Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

I love conspiracy theories and the fact this happened so quickly and with legal matters involving the the main PSU administration are still pending do you think the powers at the NCAA have something against PSU? Did PSU piss them off at some point? Are they out to get the B1G? I know Emmert was at Auburn. The B1G is the SEC's biggest competiton dollars wise. Is there a greater conspiracy involving the SEC? How could a conference that invented and perfected cheating have no issues in the last 5 years? Cam Newton swept under the rug, SCar gets slap on wrist and goes away quietly, Tenn same. The SEC's biggest competitors have been slammed recently - USC, B1G (OSU, PSU).

I know. . . Maybe SEC is just good not sending emails or leaving paper trails.

Do they have "email machines" in the south yet?

Well. That makes for one extra win on the schedule each year for the next several years.

I didn't believe they'd allow all current players and signed recruits the ability to leave without penalty and play immediately. Let the feeding frenzy begin.

I read one PSU recruit quoting something along the lines about him going to talk with his family after the sanctions come out to determine his future. This could be the deciding factor for most of these 2013 recruits. You know it really sucks for those 2012 guys who are already signed and now have to reap the rewards of this sanction for there entire college career.

Well. That makes for one extra win on the schedule each year for the next several years.

I didn't believe they'd allow all current players and signed recruits the ability to leave without penalty and play immediately. Let the feeding frenzy begin.

I read one PSU recruit quoting something along the lines about him going to talk with his family after the sanctions come out to determine his future. This could be the deciding factor for most of these 2013 recruits. You know it really sucks for those 2012 guys who are already signed and now have to reap the rewards of this sanction for there entire college career.

They can leave if they want and play right away.

All players can leave now or just the incoming freshmen? How many kids can they sign in the next 4 years?

Current and incoming players can transfer. PSU may have a pulse this year, perhaps even next season... But after that they will never be more than an afterthought when it comes to being competitive.

Very well done. For all intents and purposes they gave the team the death penalty, without giving the State College community the death penalty. Nice job by the NCAA in my opinion.

The only thing that moderately sucks is the blow to our SOS each year.

Alright, Bo, lets go get some PSU players!

Wow this dumbass reporter just said something along the lines of, "did you ever take into consideration how important the wins were to Paterno and THE REPUTATION THIS PROGRAM HAD BEFORE THIS CAME OUT, and the fact that this is their first and only charges with legal standing". What an idiot, what reputation before this came out? That so called "reputation" penn state had before this came out, is GONE