Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

Kevin Kugler is reporting that the Board of Trustees voted unanimously to fire Paterno.

Other info I'm picking up: Paterno was informed over the phone that he was fired. Riot police are on site throughout town to try and prevent escalation. The "crowd" at the Board of Trustees meeting is PISSED. Hard to say if these are journalists, students or fans. They are peppering the BoT with questions.

PSU fans over at their Scout.com board are NOT happy at all. They are calling for the Board of Trustees to be voted out. They are calling for riots in town. Im really appalled that they are so upset that and shocked that Joe Pa was fired. The BOT did the right thing. This scandal is absolutely sick and Joe Pa got what he deserved. Penn State fans being very unreasonable.

Cnn is airing it live. Rabid press attacking the BoT. Rabble rabble.

It's on ESPN too. The trustees were just asked if they were aware of rioting taking place at this moment in the downtown area. I may have heard that wrong though.

No, you heard it right.

And the last question asked was weather this was a good excuse for the board to fire him, since they had been gunning for him since 2004, and whoever asked seemed to be claiming he knew a trustee who hoped they would lose more games so they could fire him. The trustee said he had no knowledge of that.

It was a very contentious press conference.

McQueary still has a job? If there's someone who needed to man up and a) call the cops b) beat the SOB down c) both, it was him. I know he reported it to his daddy, but there was a time for him to be a man and save a kid, and he didn't.

Just my opinion though, based on what I've heard.

This.

McQueary still has a job? If there's someone who needed to man up and a) call the cops b) beat the SOB down c) both, it was him. I know he reported it to his daddy, but there was a time for him to be a man and save a kid, and he didn't.

Just my opinion though, based on what I've heard.

This.

Agree. No way should he keep a job if Paterno doesn't.