From Penn State Fan

Hello Husker fans. I ventured over here to see if there was any football talk going on. However, As I am finding there is no place to escape all the talk, and that is understandable. I noticed there are some serious and genuine concerns about safety, and after last night I can see why. I live in a rural farming community 50 miles east of State College where Penn State is everything. In a state of over twelve million people, don't confuse us with Philly and Pittsburgh people. I have been going to Penn State games all my life and I can tell you that we are lost and hurt, but not stupid. We have been told we were above all that is vial in the world of college sports and we all bought into it. It is hard to even grasp what is going on. However the consensus among all fans that I have spoken to is when due process runs it course, those guilty should pay a heavy price. What I would like to see happen to Sandusky, the law would never allow. As for your trip to State College, I would bet the farm that Nebraska fans will be treated with respect. It will feel like a funeral probably, but as far as fan safety, I truly believe all visitors will be safe. As long as visiting fans remember they are here for a football game and not to rub salt in the wounds of life long beloved fans, all will be fine. I for one will go out of my way to welcome Husker fans and condemn openly and mistreatment. I appreciate your Great program and its' tradition, and hope whoever makes the trip will enjoy your time here. P.S. Pray for us all. We Still Are....Penn State

Hello Husker fans. I ventured over here to see if there was any football talk going on. However, As I am finding there is no place to escape all the talk, and that is understandable. I noticed there are some serious and genuine concerns about safety, and after last night I can see why. I live in a rural farming community 50 miles east of State College where Penn State is everything. In a state of over twelve million people, don't confuse us with Philly and Pittsburgh people. I have been going to Penn State games all my life and I can tell you that we are lost and hurt, but not stupid. We have been told we were above all that is vial in the world of college sports and we all bought into it. It is hard to even grasp what is going on. However the consensus among all fans that I have spoken to is when due process runs it course, those guilty should pay a heavy price. What I would like to see happen to Sandusky, the law would never allow. As for your trip to State College, I would bet the farm that Nebraska fans will be treated with respect. It will feel like a funeral probably, but as far as fan safety, I truly believe all visitors will be safe. As long as visiting fans remember they are here for a football game and not to rub salt in the wounds of life long beloved fans, all will be fine. I for one will go out of my way to welcome Husker fans and condemn openly and mistreatment. I appreciate your Great program and its' tradition, and hope whoever makes the trip will enjoy your time here. P.S. Pray for us all. We Still Are....Penn State

key point. you'd be an idiot to openly do that in Happy Valley this year. I imagine in years to come though it will be something that PSU fans have to deal with frequently. thick skin bud.

What the hell is wrong with Philly fans bub? chuckleshuffle:lol:

PSU has always been classy, except for that diss on Pittsburgh residents. Actually, who cares about the residents; only the Steelers matter! :)

[edit] I feel bad about JoePa - he's a classy guy--still culpable, but an honest mistake (IMO, I don't know exactly what happened.)

PSU overall is still classy, the whiteout at the stadium kicks ass, and I hope it looks like blood flowing with all the Husker fans in attendance! Heh

Thanks for stopping in S.M. Its a sad situation for all in PSU family. It should have been taken care of the second that grad asst. saw what was going on in that shower. To not take action is unbelieveable.

I look forward to the game Saturday and hope all goes well.

Stick around HuskerBoard you will find most of us to be easy to hang with.

T_O_B

G>B>R

What the hell is wrong with Philly fans bub? chuckleshuffle:lol:

Everything.

• Fire 1

Thanks for being classy Shawn. My family and I are attending the game this weekend. We are Nebraska born and bred transplants, now residing in NJ, about a 3-hour ride from Happy Valley. This will be my mother's first NU game in quite some time, many years in fact, so I'm hopeful there won't be any safety issues surrounding this terrible scandal that has arisen.

PSU has always been classy, except for that diss on Pittsburgh residents. Actually, who cares about the residents; only the Steelers matter! :)

[edit] I feel bad about JoePa - he's a classy guy--still culpable, but an honest mistake (IMO, I don't know exactly what happened.)

PSU overall is still classy, the whiteout at the stadium kicks ass, and I hope it looks like blood flowing with all the Husker fans in attendance! Heh

It is painfully apparent that you don't have the foggiest idea what happened or there is no way you could say he's a classy guy that made an honest mistake. Please go to some of the other threads here, find a link to the grand jury report, read it, and then see if you still feel he is such a classy guy. He could've and should've taken action that would have prevented further harm to an untold number of other children. What he did instead cannot even be classified as human let alone an honest mistake. Save your pity for the young boys who were harmed, their parents, and all of the innocent PSU fans, players, and students who will ultimately be paying the price for what some of these soulless individuals did or failed to do.

It is painfully apparent that you don't have the foggiest idea what happened or there is no way you could say he's a classy guy that made an honest mistake. Please go to some of the other threads here, find a link to the grand jury report, read it, and then see if you still feel he is such a classy guy. He could've and should've taken action that would have prevented further harm to an untold number of other children. What he did instead cannot even be classified as human let alone an honest mistake. Save your pity for the young boys who were harmed, their parents, and all of the innocent PSU fans, players, and students who will ultimately be paying the price for what some of these soulless individuals did or failed to do.

I agree! If you need the 30 page grand jury report I can send it. I wouldn't eat before you read it or you will be picking vomit chunks out of your keyboard. Joe Pa can rot in hell along with the rest of the staff! I still don't see how the new coach or the other staff members that have been there for 20 years can say they never heard anything about it! BS! Fire them all now!

Welcome Shawn. We're so sorry for what has happened at your school. I hope that we can put aside all of the ugliness that's going on at PSU and just for a few hours have some normalcy-have a really good football game. We know that there are 'jerk fans' in every fan base, but hopefully folks from Nebraska will take special care to watch what they say and do while visiting in State College. Please let us know how we can support you!

its the guys opinion and frankly a valid opinion. you, him, nor I have any way of knowing what actually happened at all and yes ive read the report. im not saying that joe is innocent but i cant say that he is guilty without a shred of doubt either. innocent until PROVEN guilty as they say. imo the heat should definitely be on sandusky but i question whether joe should have been fired considering that he did everything that was required to do from his employer. it doesnt matter that it was immoral and wrong, the fact that he met the guidelines for his job at that particular point in time. jmo.

its the guys opinion and frankly a valid opinion. you, him, nor I have any way of knowing what actually happened at all and yes ive read the report. im not saying that joe is innocent but i cant say that he is guilty without a shred of doubt either. innocent until PROVEN guilty as they say. imo the heat should definitely be on sandusky but i question whether joe should have been fired considering that he did everything that was required to do from his employer. it doesnt matter that it was immoral and wrong, the fact that he met the guidelines for his job at that particular point in time. jmo.

Ok I have to be done with this because if people don't think that he should have been fired because he did "what was required" then this world is further in the toilet then I thought! I'm sure if it was your kid getting butt raped you would be over joyed that somebody only did what was required. Back to football