Boise

Excel

I got home from work just in time to watch Boy-Z State CHOKE again!!

I wonder if Petersen will consider giving his kickers more reps during the season so they don't blow it. Maybe instead of going for it on 4th EVERY time, even when you're up by 30, you'll kick a field goal and not be such a douche bag.

5087387136_3eb64630f8_z.jpg

I feel bad for Kellen, who will now be capping off his football career in a bowl nobody will watch or care about.

Also, think in the big picture. If Houston gets past Southern Miss to play in a BCS bowl, I think they will lay a giant egg and if they don't make it, no non-AQs in BCS bowls this year unless Southern Miss sneaks in. With TCU going to the Big 12, Houston going to the Big East, and Boise probably going to the Big East, the era of the non-AQ is essentially dead. This only solidifies the BCS system and moves us further away from a playoff. To me it's kinda sad to see an interesting era of CFB drawing to a close. I just don't see any remaining schools in the MWC / C-USA / MAC / WAC / Sun-Belt keeping the non-AQs in the picture.

Forgive my ignorance but what are the odds we could face them in a bowl game?

Low if they don't make the BCS they fall way down the bowl selection list and if Nebraska makes the BCS it will be the Rose. I doubt the Rose takes Boise.

I knew that one, just wasn't sure what they would look like outside the BCS.

Low if they don't make the BCS they fall way down the bowl selection list and if Nebraska makes the BCS it will be the Rose. I doubt the Rose takes Boise.

I knew that one, just wasn't sure what they would look like outside the BCS.

The Maaco Las Vegas Bowl is the tie in for the conference champion, which will probably be TCU now.

Boise probably ends up in the Poinsettia Bowl if they don't make the BCS.

Almost zero. The B10 has no bowl ties to the MWC and now Boise has an uphill battle to a BCS game. They need to be in the top 12 to automatically qualify for a BCS bowl, or be in the top 16 with a conference championship and ranked higher than another AQ champion (could have come into play with the Big East being bad, but TCU will not lose their last two games).

If Georgia keeps rising and TCU gets back up to a decent ranking they may still be in the picture. Tulsa may give them a small lift too, and Toledo and Nevada are not doing that bad either. Just have to see how things shake out with the rankings over the next few weeks.

Anyway, if they do manage to get to a BCS bowl, then they need Oregon to somehow get into into the NCG and for the Rose Bowl to pick them (Boise) as a replacement (not likely), and of course we have to get to the Rose Bowl.