This is a big "if" but, if South Carolina beats LSU in the SEC title game, Bama would be out of the BCS and sent to the Gator Bowl. If we win out (and MSU loses to Wisconsin in the B1G title game), we could very well play Bama. That would be a cool game.

I would not want to play Bama in a bowl game, I get the feeling their defense would eat Martinez alive. Their offense doesn't scare me as much, but Hightower and Upshaw would have a field day.

Reading from SoonerNation that Fiesta Bowl with the first pick is likely to take Oklahoma by default [big XII team in title game] and should they do their part, Nebraska.

I've been hearing this prediction, too. The Fiesta Bowl will get to decide who they want with that second spot. Can imagine they would salivate at the thought of a Nebraska v. OU matchup. We certainly have a better fan base than Boise and Stanford combined.

Reading from SoonerNation that Fiesta Bowl with the first pick is likely to take Oklahoma by default [big XII team in title game] and should they do their part, Nebraska.

I just read this too, and it kind of excites me. I almost hope that MSU takes care of business, and here's why: Say we win vs. Michigan and Iowa, we are sitting at 10-2, probably around 10-14 in the BCS rankings. If MSU were to lose to Indiana or NW and we go to the CCG and get beat, that knocks us out of the top 14 in the BCS almost guaranteed. Whereas if we don't make it to the CCG, we sit at 10th or so and the Fiesta Bowl seems to want to jump on the opportunity to grab us to play OU.

This kind of excited me, I have to say!

If South Carolina or Georgia knocks off LSU, Bama is out of the BCS and on to the Gator Bowl. MSU would need to lose to Wisconsin in the B1G game, and we'd be on our way to the Gator Bowl to play Bama. That would be an incredibly cool game. Yes, we'd be longshots, but we'd have a month to heal and get ready. I realize that LSU losing is a longshot, but stranger things have happened.

I for one would hate to face K-State. They play 4 quarters.

You're joking, right? Mrs. Snyder, please tell your husband to get off this board and get back to work. We'd have no trouble with K-State.

That's all opinion ... a "joke". Strange words when you see K-State step up and play with some big boy teams. I'd take their QB and "consistency" any day. This would be a tough win for us ... as will any for the weak B1G. I don't see our conference stacking up well in many projected bowl games.

K-State beat Eastern Kentucky 10-7. They beat a really, really bad Miami on the last play (it was a cool win, but against a weak team). Nothing about their record invokes fear.

If we could play Bama, I'd like our chances. Their offense is not high-powered. It gives us a shot.

How many points did Bama put up on PSU, they scored quite a few early if I recall and then kind of let off the throttle. I think their offense is better than people think, maybe because of the recent LSU game. After watching what Northwestern did to us running the ball right up the middle, I shudder to think what Richardson might run for against us. I really don't think we want any part of Alabama.