Will the Big Ten get two BCS berths? Maybe, probably.

Will that team be Nebraska? I'm not convinced.

I think due to the perception of the Big Ten right now, the Big Ten won't get two teams. I think the PAC 12, Big 12 and SEC are all more likely to get two BCS berths than the Big Ten is.

That said, this speculation is generally based on the fact that if, say, 3 teams from the Big Ten finished the regular season with identical 10-2 records (Wiscy, MSU, and Neb), then UW and MSU would play for the Rose Bowl berth. The loser of that game would unfortunately have an extra loss on their record and take a stumble in the polls, while the team that didn't play in the CCG (Nebraska) would somewhat inexplicably take a step up in the polls after a bye week, and perhaps have a better shot at an at-large bid.

I think that's where the speculation comes from... It's the same flawed system that put us in a lower bowl game than Missouri last year.

I wonder if the conf champion in this scenario would make a difference.

Like UW wins and we're out. But if MSU won, we might have a better chance?

Will the Big Ten get two BCS berths? Maybe, probably.

Will that team be Nebraska? I'm not convinced.

I think due to the perception of the Big Ten right now, the Big Ten won't get two teams. I think the PAC 12, Big 12 and SEC are all more likely to get two BCS berths than the Big Ten is.

That said, this speculation is generally based on the fact that if, say, 3 teams from the Big Ten finished the regular season with identical 10-2 records (Wiscy, MSU, and Neb), then UW and MSU would play for the Rose Bowl berth. The loser of that game would unfortunately have an extra loss on their record and take a stumble in the polls, while the team that didn't play in the CCG (Nebraska) would somewhat inexplicably take a step up in the polls after a bye week, and perhaps have a better shot at an at-large bid.

I think that's where the speculation comes from... It's the same flawed system that put us in a lower bowl game than Missouri last year.

I wonder if the conf champion in this scenario would make a difference.

Like UW wins and we're out. But if MSU won, we might have a better chance?

Wouldn't it be the other way around? I could see us having a better shot if UW wins the championship game...we own a head to head with MSU, although I have no idea if that would hold any relevance in this situation.

Nebraska vs Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

OU is pretty much a lock to the Fiesta bowl again if they dont win the Big 12 championship.

If we win out we are 10-2 and ranked somewhere around 12. Tell me they would not want to have NU vs OU for their game. Traveling fan bases, great history, and the first year we leave the conference.

Take care of the next two games and that is my pick

I would like to see us in a bowl we have a chance of winning. I really have no idea of what that bowl would be, but I do not feel we want any part of a SEC top team. If so the only one we would have a chance against is South Carolina.

With the anchor of NW around our neck, we will not be looked at favorably by most top teir bowls, is my guess.

We need to win out, doubtful, but possible. Do not see us getting to the CCG.

So I am assuming the five threads on bowl predictions merged into one, either that or I was drunk this morning (it's possible, unlikely, but possible) and I happened to post 7 annoying replies in one thread.

Nonetheless, unless you are trying to book your airfare for Jan 2, this speculation is two weeks early.

With that said, I do like the chances NU gets a January bowl game, regardless of locale.

you guys are nuts with all this 'if this team loses and this team wins' crap......... we are where we are because we deserve to be here.

whatever happens will happen and we cant count on impossible senarios or this and that we just need to go out and win

Got it, we're nuts.

Let's go back to bashing some of the players and coaches, deciding on which teams would crush us every time, and talking about what color uniforms we should wear.

Sheesh, if you don't like a harmless topic, don't read it!

Sorry - I just don't want to play any B12 teams.

Need a few more years to get the bad taste out.

Regardless, if we do end up in a non-BCS bowl it will serve as a painful and standing reminder of what happens when you take a game off. Every year it's been near misses that could have drastically changed the perception of Bo. Of course there was 09 when we could/should have won the B12C! Imagine that - instead of commentators always harping on 1999 as the last time NU won a conf. champ! HUGE HUGE moment that we let slip away (bec. of 0 offense). Then in 2010 - again 0 offense costs us games against tu, aTm and OU. 1 - maybe 2 FG's change that whole season again!

What a huge loss that was to NW.

And BTW - I don't think MSU will lose to NW.

I never thought I would say this to you Austin, but I agree with you.

D@mmit that was painful

I posted this in another thread.

We need to look at this further than this year.

We were projected to win the Big 10, most here felt it was realistic with the hype we were being fed.

Recruiting in the Big would have been easier if we had won or do win. If we lose out on playing it will affect recruiting.

By playing in a bowl game against a top level BCS sounds exciting, we need to think of the consequences of losing. A beat down on National TV will hurt our recruiting in the Big 10, but have a terrible affect on recruiting in Texas.

We need a bowl game that we can win, as we need to end this season on a positive, not for us, but for those looking in.

I think it will be Neb vs UGA in Capitol One Bowl. That is not a bad match up except UGA is playing pretty damn well now. Ark goes to Cotton. As a Big 10 fan I do not want Mich State playing a top bowl. They have yet to prove to me they can beat a top team. Last year they got lucky with no Ohio State then got drilled by Alabama. This year, they got OSU early and needed a luck box to beat Wisc. I really can't remember when MSU last won a bowl game. They are awful.

I posted this in another thread.

We need to look at this further than this year.

We were projected to win the Big 10, most here felt it was realistic with the hype we were being fed.

Recruiting in the Big would have been easier if we had won or do win. If we lose out on playing it will affect recruiting.

By playing in a bowl game against a top level BCS sounds exciting, we need to think of the consequences of losing. A beat down on National TV will hurt our recruiting in the Big 10, but have a terrible affect on recruiting in Texas.

We need a bowl game that we can win, as we need to end this season on a positive, not for us, but for those looking in.

Stop being scared. To be the best, sometime you have to beat the best.

I don't mind our chances against OU in the Fiesta. Broyles is out. Dennard on Stills. Let's do it again!

We are setting with 8 recruits in the middle of November, not a single 5 star, but far worse some that are not even rated. Where every single Big 10 team above us in ranking have 15 to 20 committed.

This program is headed down hill on recruiting. With that comes the worse situation of the program not recovering from it.

It has nothing to do with being scared. It has to do with this program every returning to being a National Power.

We do not belong on the field with a top program now. It has been proven all year long. How could you think we could play with that level of a program is beyond me. There are no indicators to that, but to the opposite.

IMVHO Nebraska will be invited to the Citrus Bowl to play Georgia.

I think it will be Neb vs UGA in Capitol One Bowl. That is not a bad match up except UGA is playing pretty damn well now.

I still prefer to not use the corporate sponsor's name for bowl games.

Ark goes to Cotton. As a Big 10 fan I do not want Mich State playing a top bowl. They have yet to prove to me they can beat a top team. Last year they got lucky with no Ohio State then got drilled by Alabama. This year, they got OSU early and needed a luck box to beat Wisc. I really can't remember when MSU last won a bowl game. They are awful.

Alabama a few years back.