You left out the three other teams ranked in the top 25 that we anhillated.

What I was getting at was that there is a chance that LSU will have beaten four top ten teams (including 2, 3 & 4), plus some other ranked teams.

Our 1971 team only had one close game... at Oklahoma 35-31, which is comparrible to LSU's overtime win at Alabama.

Mostly I was just having fun reposting the bona fides of 1995 Nebraska. That never gets old. :thumbs

it is still weird that KU was 9th that year.

Doesn't make much sense. They have Houston winning C-USA but not going to a BCS bowl? The only way that happens is to lose to SMU at home this weekend. Don't think so. Once you have a major flaw like this, it impacts a lot of other games since it kicks someone else out of a BCS bowl, so the projections are pretty meaningless.

Picking a 9-1 #20 ranked team to beat Houston is a major flaw and renders all other projections meaningless? We just got beat by Northwestern - I'd say SMU is a better team.

Doesn't make much sense. They have Houston winning C-USA but not going to a BCS bowl? The only way that happens is to lose to SMU at home this weekend. Don't think so. Once you have a major flaw like this, it impacts a lot of other games since it kicks someone else out of a BCS bowl, so the projections are pretty meaningless.

Picking a 9-1 #20 ranked team to beat Houston is a major flaw and renders all other projections meaningless? We just got beat by Northwestern - I'd say SMU is a better team.

Southern Methodist is 6-4. That's the SMU they play this week. If they lose to Tulsa, the don't go to the conference championship game (thus won't go to the Liberty Bowl as the conference champ), and if they lose to Southern Mississippi they also won't go to the Liberty Bowl as Southern Miss will be the champ. So the only way their projection to work is to lose only to Southern Methodist, which has lost 3 of their last 4. Possible but unlikely.

Still too early. This weekend could be the difference between a BCS Bowl and the Insight Bowl

"You don't say that" !!!! Ha

Although I tend to agree with you to some extent.... A loss and win over Iowa would probably take us to Outback or Gator at 9-3.... a double loss leads us to the Insight..... I still think the Insight may pass on NU if still availalbe... Not very attractive for NU fans who don't want to see a matach up with Mizzou or Texas...plus, remember, people are probably still pissed teh whole thing shook out last year, when basically every bowl except Holiday passed....Hell, I had hotel booked in Arizona.....If we slide to Insight, don't be suprised to see TicketCity in Dallas

Watching BigTen Network...... The guys are on there all pretty much agree....... if Nebraska wins out(doesnt qualify for CCG), they will play in the Fiesta Bowl. The bowl had a lot of unsold tickets last year, so they will be chomping at the bit to get Nebraska and whomever else if Oklahoma isnt available.

You left out the three other teams ranked in the top 25 that we anhillated.

What I was getting at was that there is a chance that LSU will have beaten four top ten teams (including 2, 3 & 4), plus some other ranked teams.

Our 1971 team only had one close game... at Oklahoma 35-31, which is comparrible to LSU's overtime win at Alabama.

Mostly I was just having fun reposting the bona fides of 1995 Nebraska. That never gets old. :thumbs

it is still weird that KU was 9th that year.

Nice trivia. I had no idea KU was ranked so high in '95. Or at any time during that century.