I think our chances at an at-large bid just got a bit better since Iowa State pulled out the upset against Oklahoma State. If they lose against Oklahoma too then I think the Big 12 is only going to get one bid instead of two like everyone assumed they would.
Agreed.
Eh... I don't know about that. Conference perception seems like it would play in here. 10-2 Oklahoma State team, or 10-2 Nebraska team? Both with a loss to a high ranked team, and a loss to a nobody. I would imagine most who have paid attention this season would go with OSU, but I've been wrong before. And by before, I mean roughly every time i say something.

Yeah, that's an extremely tough call.....we'll just hope for the best. :ohnoes

IMO, This loss will drop Okie State in rankings like a rock right around 9 or 10 spots. Nebraskas loss to NW dropped them 10 spots and Wisconsin losing to Ohio State dropped them 9 spots. Then throw in a possible loss to Ou and you have Okie State falling probably to the 15 or 16 spot where Nebraska is now. If that happens Big12 will only get 1 bid.

With the BCS is better to lose early and then win out, rather than lose late. Plus, with Okie State I dont think the fans will travel(atleast not by Nebraska standards) now they are not gonna be in the NCG.

This loss very well couldve cost not only a NCG appearance, but a BCS bid as well.

I think our chances at an at-large bid just got a bit better since Iowa State pulled out the upset against Oklahoma State. If they lose against Oklahoma too then I think the Big 12 is only going to get one bid instead of two like everyone assumed they would.
Agreed.
Eh... I don't know about that. Conference perception seems like it would play in here. 10-2 Oklahoma State team, or 10-2 Nebraska team? Both with a loss to a high ranked team, and a loss to a nobody. I would imagine most who have paid attention this season would go with OSU, but I've been wrong before. And by before, I mean roughly every time i say something.

IMO, This loss will drop Okie State in rankings like a rock right around 9 or 10 spots. Nebraskas loss to NW dropped them 10 spots and Wisconsin losing to Ohio State dropped them 9 spots. Then throw in a possible loss to Ou and you have Okie State falling probably to the 15 or 16 spot where Nebraska is now. If that happens Big12 will only get 1 bid.

With the BCS is better to lose early and then win out, rather than lose late. Plus, with Okie State I dont think the fans will travel(atleast not by Nebraska standards) now they are not gonna be in the NCG.

This loss very well couldve cost not only a NCG appearance, but a BCS bid.

Yes, very good point! Far better to lose early to be sure. Now, just beat Michigan.....

GBR!!

Agreed.

This loss very well couldve cost not only a NCG appearance, but a BCS bid as well.

I was thinking the same thing. As much as OSU looked invinceable, this loss could have kicked them out of the BCS if they end up losing to OU.

Ok, I know that some of you don't like to speculate about "bowl" season, especially after a loss...but as mentioned before, I love it (not after an f'n loss)......

If you are one that doesn't care, please don't waste space by posting a dumb remark.....don't care, don't open it....simple as that

Here is my take, without checking any media outlets today..

Winner of Big 10 goes to Rose...duh

This is where it's fun.. I am projecting Wisconsin to win conference

Capital One picks #2.... would assume that they may take Michigan, unless Michigan goes to BCS

** If Michigan in BCS, then Capital One chooses between 3 loss MSU, and 3 loss PSU, hopefully 3 loss NU, possibly 3 loss Ohio State (which means no BCS for Mich).......... I would say Capital One is OUT

** Outback choose 2nd..... a ton of 3 loss teams, in which we would hold "head to head" over....MSU, OSU, PSU.... plus bowls don't have to follow order of finish.... and NU would be very attractive since we haven't played there !!!! This is a possiblity !! (with a win over Iowa of course)

** Insight picks 3rd..... Hopefully they will understand that a lot of Nebraska fans would not be interested in a Big 12 match up...we just left that mess, and have seen those matchups for years and years. Right now, possible opponents would be Texas (reason we left), Baylor or Mizzou. I don't see Husker Nation flocking to Arizona to watch a Big 12 team...especially since Insight took MU over NU last season, forcing the Holiday Bowl ( Big 12 conspiracy)..... Hopefully they PASS

** Gator Bowl is 4th..... This is where I see Nebraska playing. If we finish 9-3, I can see us going back to Jacksonville...to play lower SEC (Florida)... NU had great showing last time and they would love to have NU back... a Florida match up in the state of Florida is much more attractive than a Mizzou match up in Arizona

*** Next is TicketCity ( I think).... another Big 12 match up.......yuck

*** If we lose to Iowa, we end up HERE !!! yuck yuck yuck.... playing a Big 12 team in Texas

Anyone else have ideas