The SEC automatically gets two BCS births.

The Pac 12 will likely have Oregon and Stanford.

The Big Ten will have Okie State and maybe Oklahoma.

An undefeated Houston will get a bid.

A one-loss Boise (who beat Georgia by 14) will get a bid over a two loss Big Ten team.

Boise St will NOT get a bid.

Cornfed,

You annoy me also, you have no clue of what we are, but seem to think we are some dynamo that will run over BCS level teams. Does Northwestern ring a bell?

Does the fact that we lose to cellar dwellers at home not concern you.

Worry about what is wrong with this team and staff more and forget about a BCS game. It is not going to happen no matter how many times you dream it. IF it did happen, you would be whining about the ass beating we would take.

Our loss to Northwestern, at home is going to affect recruiting, and a beat down on National TV by a true BCS team could end this program's recruiting in the BIG. Be careful of what you wish for.

I will say if we get through the rest of our schedule, win the CCG, then we deserve the BCS game, but praying we sneak in the back door sucks.

We did it in 2001 and we still hear about it every single time this subject comes up. Just getting to a BCS game is not what we want, winning the game should be foremost on our minds. See Connecticut.

A one-loss Boise (who beat Georgia by 14) will get a bid over a two loss Big Ten team.

Neither will a second Big Ten team.

Will the Big Ten get two BCS berths? Maybe, probably.

Will that team be Nebraska? I'm not convinced.

I think due to the perception of the Big Ten right now, the Big Ten won't get two teams. I think the PAC 12, Big 12 and SEC are all more likely to get two BCS berths than the Big Ten is.

That said, this speculation is generally based on the fact that if, say, 3 teams from the Big Ten finished the regular season with identical 10-2 records (Wiscy, MSU, and Neb), then UW and MSU would play for the Rose Bowl berth. The loser of that game would unfortunately have an extra loss on their record and take a stumble in the polls, while the team that didn't play in the CCG (Nebraska) would somewhat inexplicably take a step up in the polls after a bye week, and perhaps have a better shot at an at-large bid.

I think that's where the speculation comes from... It's the same flawed system that put us in a lower bowl game than Missouri last year.

• Fire 1

Well the chances of getting by Michigan at their house is slim at best as I see it. They have found another QB I think that runs and passes. Spells danger and disaster for brothers Pelini.

We really do not want any part of a BCS level team,

Yeah, because we didn't beat washington, penn state, ohio state, and mich state...therefore we are not a goon enough team to take on a "bcs level team." People like you severely annoy me. I am sure that you were sure that we were going to lose to mich state and penn state as well. Have some confidence in your team. When we are on our A game we can compete with any team in the country.

Exactly. How do we keep improving our playing level if we don't play the good BCS teams in the nation?? Even if the game does get ugly we need OUR team to get in there to see what the competition is like. If we continue playing bottom top 25 teams in the bowl games then that's not much exposure to the talent that is needed to compete with the Oregons or LSU's....granted, either team we won't face but hopefully you get my point. The more you practice the better you become. The more you play mediocre teams in bowl games the more average you become. Just my 2 cents worth.

I am a little ticked....only projections, but I love reading projections...but 2 of 3 sites (espn...both guys and orlando setinal) have us projected to go to Insight bowl......UGH !!!!!! WTF !!!! They have us slated to play texas, texas am or Mizzou........ I f'n will HATE it if we go to Insight bowl to play a big 12 team .

cbs sports has us projected to capital one bowl vs arkansas , I believe.......let's hope they are right.

** I don't like the way it is starting to shape up in the national media for projections

The only realistic way we go to a BCS bowl is if we win out, MSU loses another game, and we beat Wisky/yOSU in the CCG.

And all this because:

- We decided to blow off NW

- We decided to not watch game film (I didn't say it, Yoshi did)

- The team decided to live up to the Pelini mantra: "Every year you have to lose to an unranked team (preferably at home)"

Yup, a heavy price to pay. Makes you wonder that with only 12 reg. season games how on earth a team like NU that's trying to get back to relevance takes a game off. Falls totally on the staff.

So what do you suggest we do? Fire our coach who is on the right path to get us back to the NC game? Everything you say is so pessimistic and dumb... go away

And everything you say is stupid childish gibberish that brings absolutely nothing to this board.

At least I say it like it is while you like to suck on lollipops.

Go away!

I'm just saying, man... I really believe that Bo is taking this program in the right direction for the first time since TO retired. Not to mention, the only thing that will get us to the top is to keep our coaching staff intact (possibly without Cotton) so that we don't suffer a bad recruiting class and having all of our players relearn a new system. A coaching change is a 4-5 year transition at the least, and I find it absurd that people have wanted Bo's head since the NW game.

Now I'm not saying that he is a coach of the year candidate or anything. He's still green as a head coach, and I think that we have seen him learn from every mistake that he's made. Should he have made those mistakes? no, I won't give him a total pass on overlooking NW or blowing up against Tex A&M last year. BUT it is irrationally pessimistic to want to fire the head coach that has brought us so much success and growth as a program over the course of the past 4 years.

This is straight from espn.

. Nebraska is still alive for a BCS bid: One of the main reasons Nebraska's loss to Northwestern was so painful for Big Red fans -- besides the fact that it knocked the team out of first place in the Legends -- was because tough road games at Penn State and Michigan were up next. But the Huskers pulled off a 17-14 victory in State College under difficult circumstances, to set up a big showdown in Ann Arbor next week. Even if Michigan State goes on to Indianapolis, Nebraska would be in good shape for an at-large BCS bid if it won out and finished 10-2. In fact, that might be a better outcome than if the Huskers were to win the division but lose in the Big Ten title game. The losses by Boise State and Stanford on Saturday may have greatly enhanced the Big Ten's chances of getting an at-large BCS bid, and Nebraska's fan base will make it attractive to big bowls. If the Blackshirts defense can keep playing more like they did against Penn State than they did against Northwestern and Rex Burkhead continues leading the offensive charge, Bo Pelini's team could make its first BCS appearance in a decade.

After beating MSU it would make me sick to see them in the B1GC.

So much for taking a game off and not watching film. Thanks NU OL

The team has got to stay focused on the next game. The fans can enjoy speculating (dreaming?) of bowl games.

My only comment is this - 2 teams from the PAC12 is NOT a lock.

Next wk Oregon hosts USC. The Trojans can't go to a bowl this year. This is their bowl game. They would like nothing better than beating Oregon.

Two weeks from now Stanford plays ND; a hungry improving team with THREE loses.

Its possible that both Oregon and Stanford could lose another game. That's what makes college football so interesting.

Neither will a second Big Ten team.

I never said anything about a second Big Ten team. In the past the Boise's, TCU's, Utah's have only gotten in undefeated. Boise has no more claim to a BCS berth than Southern Miss or Houston if you're going to look at second tier conferences. If they take the Big East and ACC champs plus 2 from SEC and Big12 then you take one from pac and B1G so you have 2 spots left. Would a 2 loss ACC team (VaTech or Clemson) deserve to go over a 2 loss B1G team? I'm assuming the PAC would send two if Oregon wins their conference and Stanford doesn't lose again.

The way I see it, the Huskers should find themselves with an at large bid to a BCS bowl if they can win out and either Stanford loses a game or if both the MWC and CUSA champions finish lower than 16th. It will be tough to win both of these final two games, but it's still fun and surprising to see the team still alive for a berth to the Sugar, Orange, or Fiesta Bowl (NU v. OU anyone?).

Or pray that Northwestern can upset Michigan State while we win out.

The way I see it, the Huskers should find themselves with an at large bid to a BCS bowl if they can win out and either Stanford loses a game or if both the MWC and CUSA champions finish lower than 16th. It will be tough to win both of these final two games, but it's still fun and surprising to see the team still alive for a berth to the Sugar, Orange, or Fiesta Bowl (NU v. OU anyone?).

yes, winning out would be a good thing.....

yes, winning out would be a good thing.....post season is another matter, i don't think we want any OU.