The way I see it, the Huskers should find themselves with an at large bid to a BCS bowl if they can win out and either Stanford loses a game or if both the MWC and CUSA champions finish lower than 16th. It will be tough to win both of these final two games, but it's still fun and surprising to see the team still alive for a berth to the Sugar, Orange, or Fiesta Bowl (NU v. OU anyone?).

Or pray that Northwestern can upset Michigan State while we win out.

After looking at the conf standings earlier this morning, we need to see N'Western topple Michican St. It's a long shot but hey, the beat us so I have hope.

If we win out it will be a pretty good Big 10 debut, regardless of who does what to whoever else.

The thing about having more and bigger Superconferences is that by the time the best team emerges from the conference championship, it's likely to have two losses. And it might not be the best team. Could easily be MSU vs. PSU, two teams Nebraska has beat. Wisconsin, clearly better than Nebraska, would also be on the sidelines.

Just win out, see who the bowl gods match us with, and represent well against another conference.

With Boise St. going down there's a lot up in the air right now. If we and Michigan State both win out, they're saying it's possible we could get an at-large bid to the BCS. I think that's unlikely (that we get in) but if another Big Ten team gets an at-large, that puts us out of the Insight bowl, most likely.

Representatives of the Capital One Bowl were at the Penn State game, so that's a possibility. I could see us going there or to the Gator Bowl, both of which will put us up against the SEC.

Kansas State has to beat Texas and Iowa State to hold onto their #3 position in the Big XII. I would be surprised if they don't lose one of those games. I am stunned that A&M's defense caved like they did, or we'd be looking at a three-game skid for the Wildcats. Snyder has to be in contention for Coach of the Year - he's getting these guys to play WAAAAAAY above their talent level. But if we ended up playing them, I have no doubt we'd be able to take them down.

The Big Ten Conference has eight bowl tie-ins.

#1 Bowl Championship Series. As of the 2011 season, the winner of the Big Ten Championship Game gains an automatic berth to a BCS bowl game, preferentially the Rose Bowl.

#2 The Capital One Bowl receives the second choice from the Big Ten, but must choose from remaining teams with the best overall record, or within one win of the best overall record. Starting in 2011, it may choose to take the runner up of the Big Ten Championship Game should its record be better than the league champion.

#3 The Outback Bowl receives the third choice of Big Ten teams.

#4 The Gator Bowl receives the fourth choice of Big Ten teams.

#5 The Insight Bowl receives the fifth choice of Big Ten teams

#6 The Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas receives the sixth choice of Big Ten teams.

#7 The TicketCity Bowl receives the seventh choice from the Big Ten.

#8 The Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl will take the eighth choice from the Big Ten; if no remaining teams are available, the bowl will choose a Sun Belt team.

The SEC automatically gets two BCS births.

The Pac 12 will likely have Oregon and Stanford.

The Big Ten will have Okie State and maybe Oklahoma.

An undefeated Houston will get a bid.

A one-loss Boise (who beat Georgia by 14) will get a bid over a two loss Big Ten team.

Boise St will NOT get a bid.

Neither will a second Big Ten team.

I never said anything about a second Big Ten team. In the past the Boise's, TCU's, Utah's have only gotten in undefeated. Boise has no more claim to a BCS berth than Southern Miss or Houston if you're going to look at second tier conferences. If they take the Big East and ACC champs plus 2 from SEC and Big12 then you take one from pac and B1G so you have 2 spots left. Would a 2 loss ACC team (VaTech or Clemson) deserve to go over a 2 loss B1G team? I'm assuming the PAC would send two if Oregon wins their conference and Stanford doesn't lose again.

You didn't say that you said that... I did.

A one-loss Boise State will get a BCS bid over a second Big Ten team.

That said, the four at large bids will go to teams from the SEC (Alabama), Big XII (Oklahoma or oSu), Pac 12 (Stanford) and Houston (if they finish undefeated).

Boise has a 14 point road win over highly regarded Georgia. What is the Big Ten's signature out of conference win?

Michigan beat Notre Dame in Ann Arbor... what else?

... but it's still fun and surprising to see the team still alive for a berth to the Sugar, Orange, or Fiesta Bowl (NU v. OU anyone?).

Or pray that Northwestern can upset Michigan State while we win out.

It's less fun when we are reduced to praying for other teams to lose, rather than us simply winning out.

I have a hunch that Mich St loses one of its last 2 games, but beating Michigan and Iowa is no easy task. This is obviously the best scenario but we could still have a shot at the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl but Stanford might get the nod at the moment. Otherwise we pack up and play in the Capitol One Bowl against an SEC team.

The SEC automatically gets two BCS births.

The Pac 12 will likely have Oregon and Stanford.

The Big Ten will have Okie State and maybe Oklahoma.

An undefeated Houston will get a bid.

A one-loss Boise (who beat Georgia by 14) will get a bid over a two loss Big Ten team.

Boise St will NOT get a bid.

Neither will a second Big Ten team.

I never said anything about a second Big Ten team. In the past the Boise's, TCU's, Utah's have only gotten in undefeated. Boise has no more claim to a BCS berth than Southern Miss or Houston if you're going to look at second tier conferences. If they take the Big East and ACC champs plus 2 from SEC and Big12 then you take one from pac and B1G so you have 2 spots left. Would a 2 loss ACC team (VaTech or Clemson) deserve to go over a 2 loss B1G team? I'm assuming the PAC would send two if Oregon wins their conference and Stanford doesn't lose again.

You didn't say that you said that... I did.

A one-loss Boise State will get a BCS bid over a second Big Ten team.

That said, the four at large bids will go to teams from the SEC (Alabama), Big XII (Oklahoma or oSu), Pac 12 (Stanford) and Houston (if they finish undefeated).

Boise has a 14 point road win over highly regarded Georgia. What is the Big Ten's signature out of conference win?

Michigan beat Notre Dame in Ann Arbor... what else?

I don't see any reason why Boise would get a bid at this point. The got beat by TCU, who is not as good this year as in years' past, and barely beat Air Force.

But like people have been saying, the only realistic chance we have is winning out, MSU losing, and us winning the B1G championship game. If this happens, that likely puts us vs. Oregon in the Rose Bowl. That would be a little scary IMO...

I for one would hate to face K-State. They play 4 quarters.

You're joking, right? Mrs. Snyder, please tell your husband to get off this board and get back to work. We'd have no trouble with K-State.

That's all opinion ... a "joke". Strange words when you see K-State step up and play with some big boy teams. I'd take their QB and "consistency" any day. This would be a tough win for us ... as will any for the weak B1G. I don't see our conference stacking up well in many projected bowl games.